The Voice Season 5 (2013) Winner: Team Blake Bids Goodbye, Team Adam Stands Strong; Find Out Who Will Win?
By jaskiran kaur | December 12, 2013 3:58 PM EST
On Tuesday night, Dec. 10, 2013 The Voice U.S. declared its top 3 finalists for its Season 5 (2013) in the Semifinals Round in Week 6 of Live Playoffs and Elimination. The double elimination came as a shock wherein Team Blake bid goodbye to the stage with its last contestant Cole Vosbury. Undeniably, The Voice Season 5 seems to be going good for Team Adam as his team continues to stay strong with 2 out of 3 finalists who will be competing in the finals round in Week 7 of live shows.
Blake Shelton's winning streak came to an end with Cole Vosbury's elimination in the elimination episode of The Voice Season 5 Semifinals Round. It was highly anticipated by fans that The Voice Season 5 (2013) winner would be from Team Blake. Since the time Coach Blake Shelton has occupied the judge's chair on The Voice U.S., it will be for the first time when he stands no chance of winning the finals of the show.
After coaching Jermaine Paul, Cassadee Pope and Danielle Bradbery to triumph the last three seasons of The Voice, Blake failed to assist his last contestant of The Voice 2013 in reaching even the finale. At the same time, chances for Coach Adam Levine to win the show seem higher than Coach Christina Aguilera.
Competing in the finals round are the top 3 finalists named: Tessanne Chin and Will Champlin of Team Adam and Jacquie Lee of Team Christina.
Jacquie Lee is undoubtedly a teen prodigy, but her rivals Tessanne Chin and Will Champlin have great experience behind them in the field of music. Tessanne Chin, Jamaican singer, has a solo album titled "In Between Words" and has worked and toured with Jamaican musician Jimmy Cliff. On the other hand, Jacquie Lee, 16, is competing with Will Champlin who is the son of legendary musician, singer, songwriter, keyboard artist and rock band Chicago's member Bill Champlin. Also, Will Champlin has worked with yet another veteran musician Glenn Frey of The Eagles.
At the same time, seasoned musician Blake Shelton who is also the coach whose team has won The Voice U.S. for three times in a row has given out his verdict. Coach Blake has predicted the winner of The Voice Season 5 (2013) and according to him it will be Tessanne Chin from the new winning coach Adam Levine.
"I'm bummed about it. I wanted that for Cole. He's just a good dude, he truly is. But that's not all it takes to win this thing. You've got to have something that none of us can figure out," said Coach Blake while speaking to TODAY about Cole Vosbury being eliminated from the semifinals.
"I don't know if we've ever seen competition this tough on this show. Normally at this point I think you see somebody ... that really becomes an obvious person that's going to win the thing. This year, that hasn't been the case. It's like week to week," added Coach and country singer Blake Shelton.
On predicting the winner of The Voice Season 5 (2013) Blake said: "And if you go by this week's performance, everything points to Tessanne (Chin) right now, so that wouldn't surprise me to see (her win)."
Earlier on, while speaking to HollywoodLife.com, Blake Shelton sounded quite determined to win The Voice Season 5(2013). "Well I have one job on this show. I am trying to win this thing. I take that seriously, and whether I get to the finale with three people or one person it doesn't change my focus," told Blake to HollywoodLife.com after the Nov. 26 episode.
"I hate it, and it hurts because I don't want to see a friend leave the show - especially someone like Ray, who I really respect. But I still have a job to do, and what they pay me for is to be a coach on The Voice and to win the show. I am not paid to lose. My plan is to hold the Season 5 trophy. If that doesn't happen then that is on me, and not on Cole," added Blake Shelton.
Well, only time can tell how accurate these predictions are. Meanwhile, fans are eagerly waiting for the finals round performance episode which will be aired on Dec. 16, 2013. Based on the performance of the top 3 finalists- Tessanne Chin and Will Champlin from Team Adam and Jacquie Lee from Team Christina- in The Voice Season 5 (201) Finals Round in Week 7, the public will decide who takes the most coveted trophy home. The performance episode will be followed by results show on Dec. 17 where the winner of The Voice Season 5 (2013) will be announced. So don't forget to tune into the biggest reality singing competition show on NBC next week.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions