The Voice Season 5 (2013) Winner: Team Blake Bids Goodbye, Team Adam Stands Strong; Find Out Who Will Win?
By jaskiran kaur | December 12, 2013 3:58 PM EST
On Tuesday night, Dec. 10, 2013 The Voice U.S. declared its top 3 finalists for its Season 5 (2013) in the Semifinals Round in Week 6 of Live Playoffs and Elimination. The double elimination came as a shock wherein Team Blake bid goodbye to the stage with its last contestant Cole Vosbury. Undeniably, The Voice Season 5 seems to be going good for Team Adam as his team continues to stay strong with 2 out of 3 finalists who will be competing in the finals round in Week 7 of live shows.
Blake Shelton's winning streak came to an end with Cole Vosbury's elimination in the elimination episode of The Voice Season 5 Semifinals Round. It was highly anticipated by fans that The Voice Season 5 (2013) winner would be from Team Blake. Since the time Coach Blake Shelton has occupied the judge's chair on The Voice U.S., it will be for the first time when he stands no chance of winning the finals of the show.
After coaching Jermaine Paul, Cassadee Pope and Danielle Bradbery to triumph the last three seasons of The Voice, Blake failed to assist his last contestant of The Voice 2013 in reaching even the finale. At the same time, chances for Coach Adam Levine to win the show seem higher than Coach Christina Aguilera.
Competing in the finals round are the top 3 finalists named: Tessanne Chin and Will Champlin of Team Adam and Jacquie Lee of Team Christina.
Jacquie Lee is undoubtedly a teen prodigy, but her rivals Tessanne Chin and Will Champlin have great experience behind them in the field of music. Tessanne Chin, Jamaican singer, has a solo album titled "In Between Words" and has worked and toured with Jamaican musician Jimmy Cliff. On the other hand, Jacquie Lee, 16, is competing with Will Champlin who is the son of legendary musician, singer, songwriter, keyboard artist and rock band Chicago's member Bill Champlin. Also, Will Champlin has worked with yet another veteran musician Glenn Frey of The Eagles.
At the same time, seasoned musician Blake Shelton who is also the coach whose team has won The Voice U.S. for three times in a row has given out his verdict. Coach Blake has predicted the winner of The Voice Season 5 (2013) and according to him it will be Tessanne Chin from the new winning coach Adam Levine.
"I'm bummed about it. I wanted that for Cole. He's just a good dude, he truly is. But that's not all it takes to win this thing. You've got to have something that none of us can figure out," said Coach Blake while speaking to TODAY about Cole Vosbury being eliminated from the semifinals.
"I don't know if we've ever seen competition this tough on this show. Normally at this point I think you see somebody ... that really becomes an obvious person that's going to win the thing. This year, that hasn't been the case. It's like week to week," added Coach and country singer Blake Shelton.
On predicting the winner of The Voice Season 5 (2013) Blake said: "And if you go by this week's performance, everything points to Tessanne (Chin) right now, so that wouldn't surprise me to see (her win)."
Earlier on, while speaking to HollywoodLife.com, Blake Shelton sounded quite determined to win The Voice Season 5(2013). "Well I have one job on this show. I am trying to win this thing. I take that seriously, and whether I get to the finale with three people or one person it doesn't change my focus," told Blake to HollywoodLife.com after the Nov. 26 episode.
"I hate it, and it hurts because I don't want to see a friend leave the show - especially someone like Ray, who I really respect. But I still have a job to do, and what they pay me for is to be a coach on The Voice and to win the show. I am not paid to lose. My plan is to hold the Season 5 trophy. If that doesn't happen then that is on me, and not on Cole," added Blake Shelton.
Well, only time can tell how accurate these predictions are. Meanwhile, fans are eagerly waiting for the finals round performance episode which will be aired on Dec. 16, 2013. Based on the performance of the top 3 finalists- Tessanne Chin and Will Champlin from Team Adam and Jacquie Lee from Team Christina- in The Voice Season 5 (201) Finals Round in Week 7, the public will decide who takes the most coveted trophy home. The performance episode will be followed by results show on Dec. 17 where the winner of The Voice Season 5 (2013) will be announced. So don't forget to tune into the biggest reality singing competition show on NBC next week.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family