Meet The Hottest Priests Of Vatican In 2014 Calendar
By Anne Lu | December 12, 2013 2:23 PM EST
The hottest Vatican priests are set to make your 2014 a hotter year. Italian photographer Piero Pazzi has released his annual Calendario Romano (Roman Calendar) for 2014, which is better known as the “hot priest calendar.”
And when people call it “hot priest calendar,” they mean hot priests in calendar.
The calendar boys included in the photographer’s line-up are strapping young men who are real priests, by the way. Mr Pazzi has photographed them in Rome during the Holy Week. He has also travelled to Seville to shoot photos of the clergymen during the Holy Week procession in the city.
The priests remain nameless, though, and that’s fine with them.
“I meet most of them on the streets in Rome and ask to take their photos,” the photographer told The Local, adding that “most are happy to be photographed after I tell them the reason for the calendar.”
The priests can definitely give the most famous of movie stars a run for their money in the looks department, but as Mr Pazzi said, the calendar is “just a product, a way for people to be better informed about the Vatican.”
The final pages of the calendar contain information about the Vatican, including the history of pontiffs, its museums, and its chemist.
The photographer said that tourists in Rome don’t know a lot about the centre of the Catholic Church, “For example, the chemist stocks mostly foreign medicines that you can’t find anywhere else in Italy. Not many people know about this. Anyone with a medical prescription can use it.”
Interested priests from around the world are welcome to take part in the photographer’s annual calendar project. Mr Pazzi’s only condition is that they have to travel to Rome because that’s where he takes the photos.
Calendario Romano launched in 2003, and its 2014 edition is available for €10 from souvenir shops in Rome and Venice or by emailing email@example.com.
There are those critics of the calendar, though, with some saying that posing for a “sexy” calendar is disrespectful.
It’s not a competition, but Calendario Romano isn’t even close to being “sexy” compared to the Orthodox Calendar.
Teaser for the Orthodox Calendar 2014:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Lowe's Black Friday 2014 Deals Include Up To 40% Off On Select Major Appliances, Plus Free Shipping For Orders Of $19 Or More