Ben Affleck Opens Up About Fears for Family’s Security [WATCH]
By Floyd Allen | December 11, 2013 6:44 PM EST
A-list actor and director, Ben Affleck, opened up about his fears for his family’s security, revealing that a stalker, posing as paparazzi tried to kill his family.
In a recent interview with Playboy, the Argo star and director said that a stalker joined a group of shutterbugs in an attempt to harm his family. He recalled the shocking experience when a man showed up at his children’s school and made some threats to kill him and his whole family.
"It's wrong and disgusting to follow children around and take their picture and sell it for money. It makes the kids less safe. They used to take pictures of our children coming out of preschool, and so this stalker who had threatened to kill me, my wife and our kids showed up at the school and got arrested...there are real practical dangers to this," said Affleck in the interview with Playboy, according to AceShowbiz.
Underscoring the incident as both unsafe and insane, Affleck described how angry he was at the challenge he and his family had to deal with.
Affleck added, "He was in the pack of paparazzi. They didn't know he was a guy who was threatening to murder our family. That makes me angry. It's a safety thing, and there's also a sanity thing.”
The "Runner Runner" star noted that his job as a father is to “protect his family.” He admitted however, that he would not succeed to do the job.
"As their father it's my job to protect them from that stuff. I try my very best, and sometimes I'm successful. The tragic thing is, people who see pictures naturally think it's sweet. They don't see the gigantic former gang member with a huge lens standing over a four-year-old and screaming to get the kid's attention," said the actor, according to AceShowbiz.
He also pointed out the children’s fear, causing them to often shy away or look away from the shutterbugs.
He said, "The kids are always looking down because they're freaked out and scared of these people. And so they yell. Which is fine if you're Lindsay Lohan coming out of a club, or me or any adult. With kids it's tasteless at best."
Affleck is married to actress, Jennifer Garner whom he met on the set of “Daredevil”. The been together since they got married on June 29, 2005. The celebrity couple has three children - - daughters Violet Anne and Seraphina Rose Elizabeth and son, Samuel Garner.
More Entertainment Features:
The Face of Struggle and Democracy in Burma for Aung Sun Suu Kyi [VIDEO] Full article here.
Justin Bieber's Aid to Haiyan Victims [PHOTOS/VIDEO] Full article here.
Australia Promises Biggest Fireworks Display at Sydney Opera House on New Year's Eve [VIDEO] Full article here.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7'—5 Villains To Feature In The Movie, According To Reported Leaks [Spoilers]
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4