Ben Affleck Opens Up About Fears for Family’s Security [WATCH]
By Floyd Allen | December 11, 2013 6:44 PM EST
A-list actor and director, Ben Affleck, opened up about his fears for his family’s security, revealing that a stalker, posing as paparazzi tried to kill his family.
In a recent interview with Playboy, the Argo star and director said that a stalker joined a group of shutterbugs in an attempt to harm his family. He recalled the shocking experience when a man showed up at his children’s school and made some threats to kill him and his whole family.
"It's wrong and disgusting to follow children around and take their picture and sell it for money. It makes the kids less safe. They used to take pictures of our children coming out of preschool, and so this stalker who had threatened to kill me, my wife and our kids showed up at the school and got arrested...there are real practical dangers to this," said Affleck in the interview with Playboy, according to AceShowbiz.
Underscoring the incident as both unsafe and insane, Affleck described how angry he was at the challenge he and his family had to deal with.
Affleck added, "He was in the pack of paparazzi. They didn't know he was a guy who was threatening to murder our family. That makes me angry. It's a safety thing, and there's also a sanity thing.”
The "Runner Runner" star noted that his job as a father is to “protect his family.” He admitted however, that he would not succeed to do the job.
"As their father it's my job to protect them from that stuff. I try my very best, and sometimes I'm successful. The tragic thing is, people who see pictures naturally think it's sweet. They don't see the gigantic former gang member with a huge lens standing over a four-year-old and screaming to get the kid's attention," said the actor, according to AceShowbiz.
He also pointed out the children’s fear, causing them to often shy away or look away from the shutterbugs.
He said, "The kids are always looking down because they're freaked out and scared of these people. And so they yell. Which is fine if you're Lindsay Lohan coming out of a club, or me or any adult. With kids it's tasteless at best."
Affleck is married to actress, Jennifer Garner whom he met on the set of “Daredevil”. The been together since they got married on June 29, 2005. The celebrity couple has three children - - daughters Violet Anne and Seraphina Rose Elizabeth and son, Samuel Garner.
More Entertainment Features:
The Face of Struggle and Democracy in Burma for Aung Sun Suu Kyi [VIDEO] Full article here.
Justin Bieber's Aid to Haiyan Victims [PHOTOS/VIDEO] Full article here.
Australia Promises Biggest Fireworks Display at Sydney Opera House on New Year's Eve [VIDEO] Full article here.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage