Ben Affleck Opens Up About Fears for Family’s Security [WATCH]
By Floyd Allen | December 11, 2013 6:44 PM EST
A-list actor and director, Ben Affleck, opened up about his fears for his family’s security, revealing that a stalker, posing as paparazzi tried to kill his family.
In a recent interview with Playboy, the Argo star and director said that a stalker joined a group of shutterbugs in an attempt to harm his family. He recalled the shocking experience when a man showed up at his children’s school and made some threats to kill him and his whole family.
"It's wrong and disgusting to follow children around and take their picture and sell it for money. It makes the kids less safe. They used to take pictures of our children coming out of preschool, and so this stalker who had threatened to kill me, my wife and our kids showed up at the school and got arrested...there are real practical dangers to this," said Affleck in the interview with Playboy, according to AceShowbiz.
Underscoring the incident as both unsafe and insane, Affleck described how angry he was at the challenge he and his family had to deal with.
Affleck added, "He was in the pack of paparazzi. They didn't know he was a guy who was threatening to murder our family. That makes me angry. It's a safety thing, and there's also a sanity thing.”
The "Runner Runner" star noted that his job as a father is to “protect his family.” He admitted however, that he would not succeed to do the job.
"As their father it's my job to protect them from that stuff. I try my very best, and sometimes I'm successful. The tragic thing is, people who see pictures naturally think it's sweet. They don't see the gigantic former gang member with a huge lens standing over a four-year-old and screaming to get the kid's attention," said the actor, according to AceShowbiz.
He also pointed out the children’s fear, causing them to often shy away or look away from the shutterbugs.
He said, "The kids are always looking down because they're freaked out and scared of these people. And so they yell. Which is fine if you're Lindsay Lohan coming out of a club, or me or any adult. With kids it's tasteless at best."
Affleck is married to actress, Jennifer Garner whom he met on the set of “Daredevil”. The been together since they got married on June 29, 2005. The celebrity couple has three children - - daughters Violet Anne and Seraphina Rose Elizabeth and son, Samuel Garner.
More Entertainment Features:
The Face of Struggle and Democracy in Burma for Aung Sun Suu Kyi [VIDEO] Full article here.
Justin Bieber's Aid to Haiyan Victims [PHOTOS/VIDEO] Full article here.
Australia Promises Biggest Fireworks Display at Sydney Opera House on New Year's Eve [VIDEO] Full article here.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Kendra Wilkinson's Divorce Troubles: Hank Baskett Cheated Before Allegedly Caught with Transexual Model - Reports
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers, Speculations: Stana Katic in More ‘Beast’ Action, Nathan Fillion Mulls Caskett Wedding Schedule
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- These 2 Questions Reveal if You Unwittingly Abuse Alcohol
- Blake Griffin’s Back Injury Is the Reason for His Withdrawal from Team U.S.A.
- Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Metatron Capable of Saving Castiel's Fading Grace
- Anderson Silva To Test the Octagon Anew After Freak Leg Injury, To Fight Nick Diaz in 2015