KTM to Unveil RC 200 and RC 390 Motorbikes in India Soon
By greeshma m | December 11, 2013 6:17 PM EST
Austrian motorcycle maker KTM is expected to unveil its RC 200 and RC 390 super bike models in India soon.
KTM's India website has listed the RC 200 and RC 390 models under the 'coming soon' tag, incidicating their imminent arrival in the sub-continent, The company did not reveal the exact launch date and the pricing of the two motorcycles. Given that the 2014 Auto Expo in Delhi is just a few months away, the motorcycle manufacturer is speculated to unveil the two models at the show.
The RC200 and RC390 models, which were first unveiled at the EICMA International Motorcycle Exhibition, have been receiving rave reviews from motorcycle aficionados across the globe. The models are acclaimed for their stylish design and performance. The KTM RC 390 packs a 375cc single-cylinder, liquid-cooled engine under the hood which can pump a power of 45 PS and a torque of 35Nm. On the other hand, the RC200 features a four-stroke, 200cc single-cylinder, liquid-cooled engine which produces producing 26 hp. KTM will sell the bikes through its India partner Bajaj Auto, which currently markets KTM Duke 200 and Duke 390 in the country.
Bajaj Auto had recently announced a price hike of ₹7,000 for KTM 390 Duke. The bike, which is India's first mid-size sports motorcycle, was launched in June for ₹1.80 lakh.
Now with its new line-up for India, KTM is seemingly looking to expand its foothold in the domestic market. The company is also looking to bring its Husqvarna motorbikes to the sub-continent two years from now. According to earlier reports, the Husqvarna motorbikes will be produced locally at Bajaj Auto's Chakan plant.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories