KTM to Unveil RC 200 and RC 390 Motorbikes in India Soon
By greeshma m | December 11, 2013 6:17 PM EST
Austrian motorcycle maker KTM is expected to unveil its RC 200 and RC 390 super bike models in India soon.
KTM's India website has listed the RC 200 and RC 390 models under the 'coming soon' tag, incidicating their imminent arrival in the sub-continent, The company did not reveal the exact launch date and the pricing of the two motorcycles. Given that the 2014 Auto Expo in Delhi is just a few months away, the motorcycle manufacturer is speculated to unveil the two models at the show.
The RC200 and RC390 models, which were first unveiled at the EICMA International Motorcycle Exhibition, have been receiving rave reviews from motorcycle aficionados across the globe. The models are acclaimed for their stylish design and performance. The KTM RC 390 packs a 375cc single-cylinder, liquid-cooled engine under the hood which can pump a power of 45 PS and a torque of 35Nm. On the other hand, the RC200 features a four-stroke, 200cc single-cylinder, liquid-cooled engine which produces producing 26 hp. KTM will sell the bikes through its India partner Bajaj Auto, which currently markets KTM Duke 200 and Duke 390 in the country.
Bajaj Auto had recently announced a price hike of ₹7,000 for KTM 390 Duke. The bike, which is India's first mid-size sports motorcycle, was launched in June for ₹1.80 lakh.
Now with its new line-up for India, KTM is seemingly looking to expand its foothold in the domestic market. The company is also looking to bring its Husqvarna motorbikes to the sub-continent two years from now. According to earlier reports, the Husqvarna motorbikes will be produced locally at Bajaj Auto's Chakan plant.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight