KTM to Unveil RC 200 and RC 390 Motorbikes in India Soon
By greeshma m | December 11, 2013 6:17 PM EST
Austrian motorcycle maker KTM is expected to unveil its RC 200 and RC 390 super bike models in India soon.
KTM's India website has listed the RC 200 and RC 390 models under the 'coming soon' tag, incidicating their imminent arrival in the sub-continent, The company did not reveal the exact launch date and the pricing of the two motorcycles. Given that the 2014 Auto Expo in Delhi is just a few months away, the motorcycle manufacturer is speculated to unveil the two models at the show.
The RC200 and RC390 models, which were first unveiled at the EICMA International Motorcycle Exhibition, have been receiving rave reviews from motorcycle aficionados across the globe. The models are acclaimed for their stylish design and performance. The KTM RC 390 packs a 375cc single-cylinder, liquid-cooled engine under the hood which can pump a power of 45 PS and a torque of 35Nm. On the other hand, the RC200 features a four-stroke, 200cc single-cylinder, liquid-cooled engine which produces producing 26 hp. KTM will sell the bikes through its India partner Bajaj Auto, which currently markets KTM Duke 200 and Duke 390 in the country.
Bajaj Auto had recently announced a price hike of ₹7,000 for KTM 390 Duke. The bike, which is India's first mid-size sports motorcycle, was launched in June for ₹1.80 lakh.
Now with its new line-up for India, KTM is seemingly looking to expand its foothold in the domestic market. The company is also looking to bring its Husqvarna motorbikes to the sub-continent two years from now. According to earlier reports, the Husqvarna motorbikes will be produced locally at Bajaj Auto's Chakan plant.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones