KTM to Unveil RC 200 and RC 390 Motorbikes in India Soon
By greeshma m | December 11, 2013 6:17 PM EST
Austrian motorcycle maker KTM is expected to unveil its RC 200 and RC 390 super bike models in India soon.
KTM's India website has listed the RC 200 and RC 390 models under the 'coming soon' tag, incidicating their imminent arrival in the sub-continent, The company did not reveal the exact launch date and the pricing of the two motorcycles. Given that the 2014 Auto Expo in Delhi is just a few months away, the motorcycle manufacturer is speculated to unveil the two models at the show.
The RC200 and RC390 models, which were first unveiled at the EICMA International Motorcycle Exhibition, have been receiving rave reviews from motorcycle aficionados across the globe. The models are acclaimed for their stylish design and performance. The KTM RC 390 packs a 375cc single-cylinder, liquid-cooled engine under the hood which can pump a power of 45 PS and a torque of 35Nm. On the other hand, the RC200 features a four-stroke, 200cc single-cylinder, liquid-cooled engine which produces producing 26 hp. KTM will sell the bikes through its India partner Bajaj Auto, which currently markets KTM Duke 200 and Duke 390 in the country.
Bajaj Auto had recently announced a price hike of ₹7,000 for KTM 390 Duke. The bike, which is India's first mid-size sports motorcycle, was launched in June for ₹1.80 lakh.
Now with its new line-up for India, KTM is seemingly looking to expand its foothold in the domestic market. The company is also looking to bring its Husqvarna motorbikes to the sub-continent two years from now. According to earlier reports, the Husqvarna motorbikes will be produced locally at Bajaj Auto's Chakan plant.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- Radio Australia Cuts to Affect Isolated Vanuatu Residents Who Rely on It for Weather Bulletins
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales