Miley Cyrus Insures Infamous Tongue For $1 Million?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | December 11, 2013 6:15 PM EST
Rumours are flying that pop star Miley Cyrus has insured her infamous tongue for $1 million.
People have seen what is inside Miley's mouth like her dentist but her organ for taste is now worth a million bucks.
According to the unnamed source cited by Heat magazine, "Miley's totally aware of how her tongue is getting more headlines than she is, and getting it insured is just part of her trademarked image." Miley's tongue has caught people's attention since her raunchy performance at this year's Video Music Awards.
This is not the first time that Miley has done something outrageous like this. When Miley first cut her hair short, she tried to get her new crop patented. She wanted it to become known as 'The Miley,' just like what Jennifer Aniston did with 'The Rachel', which is now a famous haircut.
Miley Cyrus is not the first celebrity to insure her body part. Many celebrities have insured certain parts of their body like Mariah Carey's beautiful legs are insured for $1 billion, while David Beckham's legs are insured for $70 million. Meanwhile, Julia Robert's heart melting smile costs $30 million and Madonna's breasts costs $2 million.
Insuring certain body parts is not a modern thing. Betty Davis' waistline, that was 28 inches, was insured, and Jimmy Durante, his nose was insured for $50,000. Hollywood has a long history of body parts insurance.
Surplus lines insurance for celebrities is mainly done by Lloyds of London. This peculiar type of insurance allows celebrities to obtain insurance policies for their most valuable physical assets.
Normal people can still get their body parts insured. However, they have to go through the process of contacting Lloyds of London and a surplus line carrier and then paying a premium. Moreover, getting a premium highly depends on your occupation and the risk involved in it.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Human Flesh Burgers Unveiled To Celebrate TWD’s New Season
- George Clooney Divorced Talia Balsam Years Before Getting Married to Amal Alamuddin: Know About Clooney's Ex Wife
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots