Miley Cyrus Insures Infamous Tongue For $1 Million?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | December 11, 2013 6:15 PM EST
Rumours are flying that pop star Miley Cyrus has insured her infamous tongue for $1 million.
People have seen what is inside Miley's mouth like her dentist but her organ for taste is now worth a million bucks.
According to the unnamed source cited by Heat magazine, "Miley's totally aware of how her tongue is getting more headlines than she is, and getting it insured is just part of her trademarked image." Miley's tongue has caught people's attention since her raunchy performance at this year's Video Music Awards.
This is not the first time that Miley has done something outrageous like this. When Miley first cut her hair short, she tried to get her new crop patented. She wanted it to become known as 'The Miley,' just like what Jennifer Aniston did with 'The Rachel', which is now a famous haircut.
Miley Cyrus is not the first celebrity to insure her body part. Many celebrities have insured certain parts of their body like Mariah Carey's beautiful legs are insured for $1 billion, while David Beckham's legs are insured for $70 million. Meanwhile, Julia Robert's heart melting smile costs $30 million and Madonna's breasts costs $2 million.
Insuring certain body parts is not a modern thing. Betty Davis' waistline, that was 28 inches, was insured, and Jimmy Durante, his nose was insured for $50,000. Hollywood has a long history of body parts insurance.
Surplus lines insurance for celebrities is mainly done by Lloyds of London. This peculiar type of insurance allows celebrities to obtain insurance policies for their most valuable physical assets.
Normal people can still get their body parts insured. However, they have to go through the process of contacting Lloyds of London and a surplus line carrier and then paying a premium. Moreover, getting a premium highly depends on your occupation and the risk involved in it.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Grey's Anatomy Season 11 Spoilers: Calzona Still on Shaky Ground, April's Baby Bump Gets Real, Karev vs Bailey Anticipated
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install