Miley Cyrus Insures Infamous Tongue For $1 Million?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | December 11, 2013 6:15 PM EST
Rumours are flying that pop star Miley Cyrus has insured her infamous tongue for $1 million.
People have seen what is inside Miley's mouth like her dentist but her organ for taste is now worth a million bucks.
According to the unnamed source cited by Heat magazine, "Miley's totally aware of how her tongue is getting more headlines than she is, and getting it insured is just part of her trademarked image." Miley's tongue has caught people's attention since her raunchy performance at this year's Video Music Awards.
This is not the first time that Miley has done something outrageous like this. When Miley first cut her hair short, she tried to get her new crop patented. She wanted it to become known as 'The Miley,' just like what Jennifer Aniston did with 'The Rachel', which is now a famous haircut.
Miley Cyrus is not the first celebrity to insure her body part. Many celebrities have insured certain parts of their body like Mariah Carey's beautiful legs are insured for $1 billion, while David Beckham's legs are insured for $70 million. Meanwhile, Julia Robert's heart melting smile costs $30 million and Madonna's breasts costs $2 million.
Insuring certain body parts is not a modern thing. Betty Davis' waistline, that was 28 inches, was insured, and Jimmy Durante, his nose was insured for $50,000. Hollywood has a long history of body parts insurance.
Surplus lines insurance for celebrities is mainly done by Lloyds of London. This peculiar type of insurance allows celebrities to obtain insurance policies for their most valuable physical assets.
Normal people can still get their body parts insured. However, they have to go through the process of contacting Lloyds of London and a surplus line carrier and then paying a premium. Moreover, getting a premium highly depends on your occupation and the risk involved in it.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Sept. 22-26 Spoilers: Updates On Nick And Sharon’s Wedding, Hilary, Neil, Phyllis, Chelsea, Billy And More
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border