Miley Cyrus Insures Infamous Tongue For $1 Million?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | December 11, 2013 6:15 PM EST
Rumours are flying that pop star Miley Cyrus has insured her infamous tongue for $1 million.
People have seen what is inside Miley's mouth like her dentist but her organ for taste is now worth a million bucks.
According to the unnamed source cited by Heat magazine, "Miley's totally aware of how her tongue is getting more headlines than she is, and getting it insured is just part of her trademarked image." Miley's tongue has caught people's attention since her raunchy performance at this year's Video Music Awards.
This is not the first time that Miley has done something outrageous like this. When Miley first cut her hair short, she tried to get her new crop patented. She wanted it to become known as 'The Miley,' just like what Jennifer Aniston did with 'The Rachel', which is now a famous haircut.
Miley Cyrus is not the first celebrity to insure her body part. Many celebrities have insured certain parts of their body like Mariah Carey's beautiful legs are insured for $1 billion, while David Beckham's legs are insured for $70 million. Meanwhile, Julia Robert's heart melting smile costs $30 million and Madonna's breasts costs $2 million.
Insuring certain body parts is not a modern thing. Betty Davis' waistline, that was 28 inches, was insured, and Jimmy Durante, his nose was insured for $50,000. Hollywood has a long history of body parts insurance.
Surplus lines insurance for celebrities is mainly done by Lloyds of London. This peculiar type of insurance allows celebrities to obtain insurance policies for their most valuable physical assets.
Normal people can still get their body parts insured. However, they have to go through the process of contacting Lloyds of London and a surplus line carrier and then paying a premium. Moreover, getting a premium highly depends on your occupation and the risk involved in it.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles