Texans’ Andre Johnson Continues Annual Holiday Toy Giveaway, Spends $17K
By James Patrick Quizon | December 11, 2013 1:59 PM EST
Houston Texans’ Andre Johnson is known for his receiving prowess in the NFL. He’s also known for gift giving around this time of year by celebrating with underprivileged children in his annual toy giveaway during the holidays.
This year’s recipients were 12 kids and their siblings from Child Protective Services. This is the seventh consecutive year that the NFL All-Pro player has done the generous act.
The little twist of fun was that the kids had a total of exactly 80 seconds to haul in whichever toy they can get in the event which was held at a Toys “R” Us store. The total bill for Johnson $17,352 a little
“It’s fun for the kids and it’s fun for me. It’s something I enjoy seeing every year, so I figure why not keep doing it?” said Johnson about the event.
“They didn't out do the kids from last year but they came close. It was awesome. #ajshoppingspree” posted in his Instagram account.
Houston is currently out of the playoff race this year but the kids’ race for toys—and simple happiness— is one he’ll surely enjoy this holiday season.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Hailed Swiss Sportsman Of The Year, Beating Stan Wawrinka
- Hoax Alert: Floyd Mayweather Didn’t Die Of Drug Overdose
- NFL News: Chicago Bears Likely To Fire Head Coach Marc Trestman At End Of NFL Season
- Floyd Mayweather Jr On Manny Pacquiao: 'He Must Know He's Not Going To Win
- NBA Trade Discussions ‘Tremendous’; 10 Teams Including Rockets, Clippers and Hornets Active For Probable Deals—NBA Insider