Betting Lines: Phoenix Suns (+3) vs. Los Angeles Lakers (O/U: 205.5)
Game time: 1:30 p.m. AEDT
The highly-anticipated Kobe Bryant’s return happened Sunday night at the Staples Center against the Toronto Raptors and it was overhyped to say the least. The Black Mamba wasn’t himself (or was) in the 104-to-96 loss to Toronto finishing with just 9 points on 2-of-9 shooting and also had 8 turnovers.
Blame the media and the Lakers fanboys however for the dud. Of course, anyone—even the great Kobe—will struggle after months of layoff, especially off the first major surgery of his career. It was quite expected although most people believed otherwise. What was surprising in the last Lakers’ game was that the starters played uninspired and unmotivated even with their “leader” back.
No L.A. starter scored in double figures vs. the Raps; Pau Gasol had 7 points (3-11 FG), Steve Blake with 3 points (1-6 FG) and Wesley Johnson with 2 points.
Surely the Lakers as a whole will play better and will do better with Kobe around. It’s not just happening yet this week or the game against Phoenix Suns Tuesday night.
Picks: Suns ATS, Over 205.5
Prediction, Phoenix Suns 105, Los Angeles Lakers 101
Phoenix Suns Trends
- Suns are 9-2 ATS in their last 11 games on the road
- Suns are 14-5-1 ATS in their last 20 games
- Suns are 11-3-1 ATS in their last 15 games vs. West teams
Los Angeles Lakers Trends
- Lakers are 7-2-1 ATS in their last 10 games
- Lakers are 7-3-1 ATS in their last 11 games at home
- Lakers are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. Pacific division teams
And a some quick hits...
Betting Lines: Milwaukee Bucks (+7.5) vs. Chicago Bulls (O/U: 181.0)
Game time: 11:00 a.m. AEDT
Picks: Bucks ATS, Under 181
Prediction: Chicago Bulls 85, Milwaukee Bucks 78
Milwaukee Bucks Trends
- Bucks are 20-43 ATS in their last 63 games
- Bucks are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games on the road
- Bucks are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games vs. Central division teams
Chicago Bulls Trends
- Bulls are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games
- Bulls are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games vs. teams with losing records
- Home team is 0-4 ATS in the last 4 games between MIL-CHI
After a great 6-1-1 performance Monday night, our year-to-date record is now at 31-17-1!
To contact the editor, e-mail: