Alice Temperley on Kate Middleton: 'She is the perfect modern-day woman’
By ambika thakur | December 10, 2013 6:38 PM EST
Recently, Alice Temperley, the ace British fashion designer sat down with "The Telegraph" and talked about her royal client's (Middleton sisters) British obsessions and passions. She loves everything British and it reflects in her designs: decorous Victoriana blouses, chequered robes, and Cinderella shoes. Even she has been given a soubriquet "Little Miss English" while working in New York until 2011.
"I love this country; I am so proud of my roots," said Alice in an inteview with www.telegraph.co.uk.
The result of this dedication is her most prestigious clients, the Middleton sisters. Alice portrays them as, "Lovely girls."
"The Duchess is an inspiration. She's very graceful, gracious and she's a brilliant ambassador for British fashion. She mixes up designer and high street; the perfect modern-day woman," stated Temperley about Kate Midleton.
Having been extensively hyped as the royal wedding dress designer, Temperley courteously answered when asked about designing Pippa Middleton's wedding gown. Designing Pippa's backless outfit for the royal reception was "fun, easy, simple - she looked great."
"I'm not about banging drums or chasing after people and I will never ruin a relationship. They know I will be discreet," added Alice.
Since she joined the Royal Family in 2011, Kate Middleton's fashion sense has been appreciated around the globe. She has influenced the British fashion to such an extent that subsequent effect has been dubbed as the "Kate Middleton effect." She has a keen eye for knowing which ensemble goes well with her.
In 2012, the Duchess of Cambridge was named as one of "The 100 Most Influential People in the World" by "Time" magazine. In June, 2013, Kate Middleton has been voted the 'Fashion Icon Of Today'in a poll conducted by "StyleinView.co.uk."
"We were not surprised to see Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge, crowned the most fashionable celebrity as she has demonstrated a keen eye for knowing what suits her and dressing for the occasion, similar to Princess Diana," said Dexter Grima, co-founder of Styleinview.co.uk
"From her wedding day style to more formal royal appointments, and even her maternity choices, Kate has remained consistent," added Dexter.
In August, 2013 the Duchess of Cambridge has been titled "The Most Inspiring Fashion Icon Mother" in a poll, conducted by FashionPerks.co.uk.
"It's testament to how dearly the British public hold the Duchess of Cambridge to their hearts," said FashionPerks.co.uk spokesperson Max Bramwell.
"She's only been a mother for a matter of weeks, and had barely been seen in public since the birth, yet people are still drawing on her example for inspiration. To be honest, she was stylishly dressed before her pregnancy, looked fantastic in maternity wear despite her well-publicised problems with illness, and now the British public expect her to be very much the fashion icon for the coming years," continued Bramwell.
With apt sartorial sense indeed the Duchess of Cambridge is a style icon!
You may also like to read more about the royal family:
Prince George Of Cambridge Christening: Who Are the Attendees? Read Here
Kate Middleton's Home Tops List Of Houses Most People Would Like To See [PHOTOS/VIDEOS] read here
Kate Middleton And Prince William Setting Up For Second Royal Baby? Kate Wants 'At Least 3' [PHOTOS/VIDEOS] read here
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Oct. 20-24 Spoilers: An ‘Unexpected Visitor’ Changes Everything For Sami Plus Updates On Salemites
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Oct. 20-24, 2014, Plus Additional Spoilers For Oct. 27, 2014: Nina Makes Public Rosalie’s Secret
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks