Alice Temperley on Kate Middleton: 'She is the perfect modern-day woman’
By ambika thakur | December 10, 2013 6:38 PM EST
Recently, Alice Temperley, the ace British fashion designer sat down with "The Telegraph" and talked about her royal client's (Middleton sisters) British obsessions and passions. She loves everything British and it reflects in her designs: decorous Victoriana blouses, chequered robes, and Cinderella shoes. Even she has been given a soubriquet "Little Miss English" while working in New York until 2011.
"I love this country; I am so proud of my roots," said Alice in an inteview with www.telegraph.co.uk.
The result of this dedication is her most prestigious clients, the Middleton sisters. Alice portrays them as, "Lovely girls."
"The Duchess is an inspiration. She's very graceful, gracious and she's a brilliant ambassador for British fashion. She mixes up designer and high street; the perfect modern-day woman," stated Temperley about Kate Midleton.
Having been extensively hyped as the royal wedding dress designer, Temperley courteously answered when asked about designing Pippa Middleton's wedding gown. Designing Pippa's backless outfit for the royal reception was "fun, easy, simple - she looked great."
"I'm not about banging drums or chasing after people and I will never ruin a relationship. They know I will be discreet," added Alice.
Since she joined the Royal Family in 2011, Kate Middleton's fashion sense has been appreciated around the globe. She has influenced the British fashion to such an extent that subsequent effect has been dubbed as the "Kate Middleton effect." She has a keen eye for knowing which ensemble goes well with her.
In 2012, the Duchess of Cambridge was named as one of "The 100 Most Influential People in the World" by "Time" magazine. In June, 2013, Kate Middleton has been voted the 'Fashion Icon Of Today'in a poll conducted by "StyleinView.co.uk."
"We were not surprised to see Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge, crowned the most fashionable celebrity as she has demonstrated a keen eye for knowing what suits her and dressing for the occasion, similar to Princess Diana," said Dexter Grima, co-founder of Styleinview.co.uk
"From her wedding day style to more formal royal appointments, and even her maternity choices, Kate has remained consistent," added Dexter.
In August, 2013 the Duchess of Cambridge has been titled "The Most Inspiring Fashion Icon Mother" in a poll, conducted by FashionPerks.co.uk.
"It's testament to how dearly the British public hold the Duchess of Cambridge to their hearts," said FashionPerks.co.uk spokesperson Max Bramwell.
"She's only been a mother for a matter of weeks, and had barely been seen in public since the birth, yet people are still drawing on her example for inspiration. To be honest, she was stylishly dressed before her pregnancy, looked fantastic in maternity wear despite her well-publicised problems with illness, and now the British public expect her to be very much the fashion icon for the coming years," continued Bramwell.
With apt sartorial sense indeed the Duchess of Cambridge is a style icon!
You may also like to read more about the royal family:
Prince George Of Cambridge Christening: Who Are the Attendees? Read Here
Kate Middleton's Home Tops List Of Houses Most People Would Like To See [PHOTOS/VIDEOS] read here
Kate Middleton And Prince William Setting Up For Second Royal Baby? Kate Wants 'At Least 3' [PHOTOS/VIDEOS] read here
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- The Bold and the Beautiful Spoilers for July 31, 2014: Plans, Conditions and Ultimatums in B&B [WATCH VIDEO]
- Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Metatron Capable of Saving Castiel's Fading Grace
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools