Alice Temperley on Kate Middleton: 'She is the perfect modern-day woman’
By ambika thakur | December 10, 2013 6:38 PM EST
Recently, Alice Temperley, the ace British fashion designer sat down with "The Telegraph" and talked about her royal client's (Middleton sisters) British obsessions and passions. She loves everything British and it reflects in her designs: decorous Victoriana blouses, chequered robes, and Cinderella shoes. Even she has been given a soubriquet "Little Miss English" while working in New York until 2011.
"I love this country; I am so proud of my roots," said Alice in an inteview with www.telegraph.co.uk.
The result of this dedication is her most prestigious clients, the Middleton sisters. Alice portrays them as, "Lovely girls."
"The Duchess is an inspiration. She's very graceful, gracious and she's a brilliant ambassador for British fashion. She mixes up designer and high street; the perfect modern-day woman," stated Temperley about Kate Midleton.
Having been extensively hyped as the royal wedding dress designer, Temperley courteously answered when asked about designing Pippa Middleton's wedding gown. Designing Pippa's backless outfit for the royal reception was "fun, easy, simple - she looked great."
"I'm not about banging drums or chasing after people and I will never ruin a relationship. They know I will be discreet," added Alice.
Since she joined the Royal Family in 2011, Kate Middleton's fashion sense has been appreciated around the globe. She has influenced the British fashion to such an extent that subsequent effect has been dubbed as the "Kate Middleton effect." She has a keen eye for knowing which ensemble goes well with her.
In 2012, the Duchess of Cambridge was named as one of "The 100 Most Influential People in the World" by "Time" magazine. In June, 2013, Kate Middleton has been voted the 'Fashion Icon Of Today'in a poll conducted by "StyleinView.co.uk."
"We were not surprised to see Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge, crowned the most fashionable celebrity as she has demonstrated a keen eye for knowing what suits her and dressing for the occasion, similar to Princess Diana," said Dexter Grima, co-founder of Styleinview.co.uk
"From her wedding day style to more formal royal appointments, and even her maternity choices, Kate has remained consistent," added Dexter.
In August, 2013 the Duchess of Cambridge has been titled "The Most Inspiring Fashion Icon Mother" in a poll, conducted by FashionPerks.co.uk.
"It's testament to how dearly the British public hold the Duchess of Cambridge to their hearts," said FashionPerks.co.uk spokesperson Max Bramwell.
"She's only been a mother for a matter of weeks, and had barely been seen in public since the birth, yet people are still drawing on her example for inspiration. To be honest, she was stylishly dressed before her pregnancy, looked fantastic in maternity wear despite her well-publicised problems with illness, and now the British public expect her to be very much the fashion icon for the coming years," continued Bramwell.
With apt sartorial sense indeed the Duchess of Cambridge is a style icon!
You may also like to read more about the royal family:
Prince George Of Cambridge Christening: Who Are the Attendees? Read Here
Kate Middleton's Home Tops List Of Houses Most People Would Like To See [PHOTOS/VIDEOS] read here
Kate Middleton And Prince William Setting Up For Second Royal Baby? Kate Wants 'At Least 3' [PHOTOS/VIDEOS] read here
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation