Alice Temperley on Kate Middleton: 'She is the perfect modern-day woman’
By ambika thakur | December 10, 2013 6:38 PM EST
Recently, Alice Temperley, the ace British fashion designer sat down with "The Telegraph" and talked about her royal client's (Middleton sisters) British obsessions and passions. She loves everything British and it reflects in her designs: decorous Victoriana blouses, chequered robes, and Cinderella shoes. Even she has been given a soubriquet "Little Miss English" while working in New York until 2011.
"I love this country; I am so proud of my roots," said Alice in an inteview with www.telegraph.co.uk.
The result of this dedication is her most prestigious clients, the Middleton sisters. Alice portrays them as, "Lovely girls."
"The Duchess is an inspiration. She's very graceful, gracious and she's a brilliant ambassador for British fashion. She mixes up designer and high street; the perfect modern-day woman," stated Temperley about Kate Midleton.
Having been extensively hyped as the royal wedding dress designer, Temperley courteously answered when asked about designing Pippa Middleton's wedding gown. Designing Pippa's backless outfit for the royal reception was "fun, easy, simple - she looked great."
"I'm not about banging drums or chasing after people and I will never ruin a relationship. They know I will be discreet," added Alice.
Since she joined the Royal Family in 2011, Kate Middleton's fashion sense has been appreciated around the globe. She has influenced the British fashion to such an extent that subsequent effect has been dubbed as the "Kate Middleton effect." She has a keen eye for knowing which ensemble goes well with her.
In 2012, the Duchess of Cambridge was named as one of "The 100 Most Influential People in the World" by "Time" magazine. In June, 2013, Kate Middleton has been voted the 'Fashion Icon Of Today'in a poll conducted by "StyleinView.co.uk."
"We were not surprised to see Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge, crowned the most fashionable celebrity as she has demonstrated a keen eye for knowing what suits her and dressing for the occasion, similar to Princess Diana," said Dexter Grima, co-founder of Styleinview.co.uk
"From her wedding day style to more formal royal appointments, and even her maternity choices, Kate has remained consistent," added Dexter.
In August, 2013 the Duchess of Cambridge has been titled "The Most Inspiring Fashion Icon Mother" in a poll, conducted by FashionPerks.co.uk.
"It's testament to how dearly the British public hold the Duchess of Cambridge to their hearts," said FashionPerks.co.uk spokesperson Max Bramwell.
"She's only been a mother for a matter of weeks, and had barely been seen in public since the birth, yet people are still drawing on her example for inspiration. To be honest, she was stylishly dressed before her pregnancy, looked fantastic in maternity wear despite her well-publicised problems with illness, and now the British public expect her to be very much the fashion icon for the coming years," continued Bramwell.
With apt sartorial sense indeed the Duchess of Cambridge is a style icon!
You may also like to read more about the royal family:
Prince George Of Cambridge Christening: Who Are the Attendees? Read Here
Kate Middleton's Home Tops List Of Houses Most People Would Like To See [PHOTOS/VIDEOS] read here
Kate Middleton And Prince William Setting Up For Second Royal Baby? Kate Wants 'At Least 3' [PHOTOS/VIDEOS] read here
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nick Cannon–Mariah Carey Divorce Reports: Nick Dating Younger Woman
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice’ First Photo Of Lex Luthor Leaked, Jesse Eisenberg On Villain’s Role And Plot Details Revealed
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones