Chinese Boyfriend Jumps to Death, Frustrated Over Girlfriend Who Won’t Stop Shopping
By Esther Tanquintic-Misa | December 10, 2013 4:57 PM EST
A Chinese man jumped to his death inside a mall in China after getting into an intense argument with his girlfriend who just won't give up shopping even after already on their toes for five hours straight.
Tao Hsiao, 38 years old, as recorded in CCTV footage, was seen accompanying his girlfriend going from one shop to another in a mall in Xuzhou, Jiangsu province, east China.
It was reported the couple had been shopping for five hours straight. Already getting tired, Mr Tao told his girlfriend to already call it a day and that they should already go home.
The girlfriend reportedly pleaded to Mr Tao that they just enter one last shop where she saw a sale sign for shoes.
Losing his temper, eyewitnesses said they heard Mr Tao arguing to his girlfriend that they had already more than enough shopping bags to carry between themselves.
"He told her she already had enough shoes, more shoes that she could wear in a lifetime and it was pointless buying any more," a witness said.
"She started shouting at him accusing him of being a skinflint and of spoiling Christmas, it was a really heated argument."
In a second, the unthinkable happened.
Mr Tao threw the bags on the floor and then jumped over the balcony. Shocked shoppers saw him smash into Christmas decorations as he went down seven stories below before hitting the concrete pavement floor.
Mr Tao was proclaimed dead upon impact from his fall, emergency services who arrived at the scene declared.
"This is a tragic incident, but this time of year can be very stressful for many people," a shopping spokesman said.
"He actually landed on one of the stalls below and then fell to the floor so although the store was damaged it meant he didn't hit anybody."
His body was removed quickly from the premises.
Video Source: YouTube/ Breaking News
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Product Recall: Graco Recalls Baby Strollers in Canada, U.S. Due To Amputation Risks
- New Zealand Assured China-Australia Deal Will Not Affect Demand
- New Zealand Medicine Products Sector To Get Own Regulator::Drops Plan For A Joint Regulator With Australia
- Canada's Ontario Students Score High Rank In Global Survey Of Computer Skills