Samsung Galaxy S3 'New and Stable Android 4.3 Jelly Bean' Fixes 7 Major Issues in United Kingdom
By Ryan Inoyori | December 10, 2013 2:20 PM EST
Samsung finally addressed the major bugs on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update for Galaxy S3 in United Kingdom with another software release. Official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean has resumed for all owners of S3 in the region.
Samsung's All-New Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
Recently, Samsung Galaxy S3 owners in UK was plagued with several major system bugs from the official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update which supposed to deliver enhancements and improvements.
But now the company is pushing out live their new Android 4.3 Jelly Bean for the region that brings patch fixes of what disturbance the earlier update did.
"The fix for the issues with Galaxy S3 Jelly Bean 4.3 upgrade has begun rolling out to selected users in the UK and will continue to do so. We are sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. Specific upgrades schedules will vary by mobile operators. Please check your phone for the upgrade," according to Samsung's statement quoted by Christian Today.
The initial upgrade featured major issues such as wake up lag, random freezing, huge battery drain, Bluetooth Audio issues during playback in the car, stuttering music playback with Samsung music app, freeze during a call and poor memory management.
Sprint in the United States also rolling out their version of bug-free update for Galaxy S3 that started in November 2013.
Android 4.3 Jelly Bean for Galaxy S3
In addition to patch fixes, Galaxy S3 running Android 4.3 Jelly Bean will begin to receive benefits from many enhancements such as:
1. Samsung Galaxy Gear support
2. Samsung Knox security support
3. ART and TRIM support for faster performance
4. Updated core UI elements based from Galaxy S4
5. New Samsung virtual keyboard
6. Upgraded GPU drivers
7. New lock screens such as multiple widgets and improved ripple effect
8. New screen modes like Adapt Display and Professional Photo
9. Daydream screensaver from Android 4.2 and 4.3 Jelly Bean
10. Actionable notifications
11. Move to SD card feature
12. New add-ons in the notification centre
13. Tabbed interface found in Galaxy S4
14. New implementations of Voice Controls
15. Updated Samsung apps: Calculator, Clock, Contacts, Gallery, Music
16. New S Voice feature
Samsung Galaxy S3 is scheduled to get another major firmware update by March or April 2014 with Android 4.4 KitKat exclusive first on GT-I9300 international model based on leaked document.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery