It is not just iPhones that are exploding. A report came out on Monday that a Samsung Galaxy S4 caught fire when the phone was charging. While the battery did not explode, the smartphone became useless, prompting the phone owner to seek a replacement since the unit is still under warranty.
The incident happened a few days ago and the owner posted a video of it on YouTube under the name GhostlyRich.
The video, which has almost 150,000 hits, showed the burnt parts of the mobile.
However, Samsung required the phone owner to remove the YouTube video first before they give him a replacement unit. In a letter, Samsung wrote, "As a condition of exchanging the phone with a similar model, *** agrees to remove his YouTube video from the following link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duKuPrQ0 or any other link or statement relating to these matters and refrain from making other videos or statements about or relating to the matters set out herein."
The South Korean tech giant also demanded that GhostlyRich not make public the settlement details, prompting the phone owner to make a second video.
The second video disclosing the details of the Samsung letter got almost 500,000 hits.
Looks like ghostlyrich may go back to being an iPhone user, although the Apple device is also known to explode, but the California-based firm may not make the same condition on owners of such phone.