Actor Paul Walker’s demise has put a big question mark on the fate of Fast and Furious 7.
However, according to CNN, a source close to the production said the producers of the film are trying to find a way to incorporate what they have shot for the franchise's seventh installment.
As per the report, editors have been reviewing frame by frame what had already been shot with Walker, including outtakes, for footage that might be used in a revised script.
Different options are being explored to piece together new scenes with Walker, perhaps using computer-generated imagery, or CGI.
According to reports, filming on Fast 7 was already behind schedule prior to Walker's death, and it seems unlikely that Universal will manage to uphold the slated July 11, 2014, release.
“Right now, all of us at Universal are dedicated to providing support to Paul’s immediate family and our extended ‘Fast & Furious’ family of cast, crew and filmmakers,” the studio said in a statement, as per Huffington Post.
Shooting for the under-production film was on a Thanksgiving break around the time of the actor’s car accident. The cast and crew were to resume shooting in Atlanta and over the next planned schedule in Abu Dhabi.
Fast And Furious is one of the most profitable film franchises for Universal Studios with the last film, Fast 6, featuring in the list of Top 10 Box-office Hits of all time. With millions at stake, abandoning the film is clearly not the wisest decision for the studio. The film’s production crew is now without work following Walker's death that stalled shooting.
Walker was killed along with his friend and business partner Roger Rodas when the red Porsche Carrera GT driven by Rodas crashed into a pole and tree on 30 November.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail: