Do you own a Nexus 10 and want to have an update for Android 4.4.1? Your update is already available and ready to download from Google. It is no secret that there is an easy process to manually install and download OTA updates, particularly for Google Nexus devices. Here is a walkthrough on how to download and update the Nexus 10 to Android 4.4.1 (KOT49E).
- To complete the steps below, you must have the Android SDK pre-installed in your device.
- To allow you to give commands and push it to OTA, the Android SDK must be working in your computer with ADB using a microUSB.
- Your device must be on Nexus 10 ROM version KRT16S.
- Roll back if you had system modifications in the past.
Step-by-step Download Process
First, download the signed-mantaray-KOT49E-from-KRT16S:
Similar to the native OTA update process, this method will not wipe your data but it is better to be safe and back up your files.
First and foremost, you need to ensure that your device is properly detected by ADB. Afterwards, you can already use the ADB sideload. You can look for the full sideload guide here (except for the file name, the process is basically similar). Furthermore, custom recovery can be flashed from there, you just need to copy the file.
This Android 4.4.1 update will probably kill root on rooted devices. However, you can get back by following these steps:
- From here, flash TWRP
- Reboot to recovery by ADB reboot recovery or hold Power+VolDn, then choose Recovery.
- Flash the newest version of the SuperSU.
After the last step, your device must be rooted back.
Disclaimer: IBT media is not responsible for any device damages incurred during the process. You may proceed at your own risk.
To contact the editor, e-mail: