Google Nexus 10 2 Release Date On MWC 2014 With Nexus TV?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | December 9, 2013 5:53 PM EST
Google Nexus 10 2 release date has been one of the most controversial topics in the past month after it skipped two of the biggest sales this year.
Google snubbed Black Friday and Cyber Monday festivities and many waiting fans thought that the product has been canceled. However, there are various proofs that the game is still on and the much awaited tablet is indeed coming, probably in next year's Mobile World Congress.
First, tipster @evleaks tweeted a photo of Nexus 10 2 which stirred rumors that ASUS is behind the device. @evleaks is a very reliable tipster whose claims are close to 100% accuracy.
The first generation of Nexus 10 tablet is out of stock in Google Play Store for a while. Experts said Google either halted or reduced the production of the Nexus 10 to manufacture its successor. ASUS and Google have had production issues with the original Nexus 7 in the past. Thus, Google may want to prevent this in happening in the future.
Rumors claimed Nexus 10 2 may pack Tegra 4 chip processor, which is different from initial speculations that the tablet will be powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chipset like the Nexus 5. Google Nexus 10 2 is also rumored to pack a 10-inch screen display with 2560 x 1600 pixel resolution, Adreno 330 GPU, 2 GB of RAM, 8MP rear camera and Android 4.4 Kitkat OS. Nexus 10 2 will most likely be available in 16 GB and 32 GB storage variants.
Assuming that ASUS have begun production of the Google Nexus 10 2 tablet, it is best to launch the device on MWC 2014 event that is scheduled to take place in late February in Barcelona, Spain. The event will give Google its much required exposure and enough time to prepare a ground-breaking device.
In line with this, grapevine also claimed Google is working on a Nexus TV. According to Droid-Life, the device will be a set stop box, much like a regular Google TV box, but Nexus TV won't handle any actual TV broadcasts. Instead, the company seems to plan in delivering the Web and all of its rich content right to your HDTV. The report also cited an unnamed source saying that the device will arrive in the first half of 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues