Maria Sharapova: Too Hot to Handle, Admits Boyfriend Grigor Dimitrov; A Great Inspiration of Style and Fashion
By Rachelle Corpuz | December 9, 2013 5:18 PM EST
Maria Sharapova is indeed one of the hottest female tennis athletes, nowadays. She dresses so well, on and off the tennis court, that she was even named World Tennis Association (WTA) Fashionable Player. She has appeared in a number of magazine covers, including a Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue. Sharapova has also appeared in numerous sponsorships and advertisements with some of the biggest global brands because of her good looks and great sense of style.
What does a gorgeous Russian athlete like Sharapova still has to do to look good on and off the court? You might think that she doesn't need to go through a lot of effort, but she's pretty much like everyone else who sometimes get stressed just trying to find the best outfit for an event.
Speaking to Vogue, Sharapova shared her tips when it comes to her own style and fashion. She told Vogue that her style is based on the occasion that she would be attending, whether on and off the court. "Off court, it usually depends on the event," said Sharapova. She stated that she like to wear colourful outfits for any Sugarpova event that she attends to. Sugarpova is her thriving candy line business.
"For an event during the evening, I would go towards something like Alexander McQueen," she said. "I also love working with Sarah Burton," she added. She would always go for something that is a little feminine with a touch of elegance.
In a separate interview with E! Online, Sharapova admitted that she sometimes get inspiration from her boyfriend, Bulgarian tennis player, Grigor Dimitrow when it comes to her fashion and sense of style. "I think he has better taste than I do," she said. She also revealed that she always asks for Dimitrov's advise because it is "always better".
According to the athlete, who currently ranks fourth in the world, fashion is all about one's lifestyle and versatility. An individual has to be comfortable with what he or she is wearing as long as he or she feels comfortable in it.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: Spain vs. Iran Preview, Starting Lineups
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Finland Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger's Take on Falcao and Rabiot
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Striker Fernando Torres Heads To AC Milan
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Signing A Striker Is Still Considered By Wenger
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 New Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 2 Update Guide
- US And Australia Share Visa And Immigration Information
- Finally, OnePlus One Can Be Purchased Without An Invite; Pre-Order Starts From October