Maria Sharapova: Too Hot to Handle, Admits Boyfriend Grigor Dimitrov; A Great Inspiration of Style and Fashion
By Rachelle Corpuz | December 9, 2013 5:18 PM EST
Maria Sharapova is indeed one of the hottest female tennis athletes, nowadays. She dresses so well, on and off the tennis court, that she was even named World Tennis Association (WTA) Fashionable Player. She has appeared in a number of magazine covers, including a Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue. Sharapova has also appeared in numerous sponsorships and advertisements with some of the biggest global brands because of her good looks and great sense of style.
What does a gorgeous Russian athlete like Sharapova still has to do to look good on and off the court? You might think that she doesn't need to go through a lot of effort, but she's pretty much like everyone else who sometimes get stressed just trying to find the best outfit for an event.
Speaking to Vogue, Sharapova shared her tips when it comes to her own style and fashion. She told Vogue that her style is based on the occasion that she would be attending, whether on and off the court. "Off court, it usually depends on the event," said Sharapova. She stated that she like to wear colourful outfits for any Sugarpova event that she attends to. Sugarpova is her thriving candy line business.
"For an event during the evening, I would go towards something like Alexander McQueen," she said. "I also love working with Sarah Burton," she added. She would always go for something that is a little feminine with a touch of elegance.
In a separate interview with E! Online, Sharapova admitted that she sometimes get inspiration from her boyfriend, Bulgarian tennis player, Grigor Dimitrow when it comes to her fashion and sense of style. "I think he has better taste than I do," she said. She also revealed that she always asks for Dimitrov's advise because it is "always better".
According to the athlete, who currently ranks fourth in the world, fashion is all about one's lifestyle and versatility. An individual has to be comfortable with what he or she is wearing as long as he or she feels comfortable in it.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions