Maria Sharapova: Too Hot to Handle, Admits Boyfriend Grigor Dimitrov; A Great Inspiration of Style and Fashion
By Rachelle Corpuz | December 9, 2013 5:18 PM EST
Maria Sharapova is indeed one of the hottest female tennis athletes, nowadays. She dresses so well, on and off the tennis court, that she was even named World Tennis Association (WTA) Fashionable Player. She has appeared in a number of magazine covers, including a Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue. Sharapova has also appeared in numerous sponsorships and advertisements with some of the biggest global brands because of her good looks and great sense of style.
What does a gorgeous Russian athlete like Sharapova still has to do to look good on and off the court? You might think that she doesn't need to go through a lot of effort, but she's pretty much like everyone else who sometimes get stressed just trying to find the best outfit for an event.
Speaking to Vogue, Sharapova shared her tips when it comes to her own style and fashion. She told Vogue that her style is based on the occasion that she would be attending, whether on and off the court. "Off court, it usually depends on the event," said Sharapova. She stated that she like to wear colourful outfits for any Sugarpova event that she attends to. Sugarpova is her thriving candy line business.
"For an event during the evening, I would go towards something like Alexander McQueen," she said. "I also love working with Sarah Burton," she added. She would always go for something that is a little feminine with a touch of elegance.
In a separate interview with E! Online, Sharapova admitted that she sometimes get inspiration from her boyfriend, Bulgarian tennis player, Grigor Dimitrow when it comes to her fashion and sense of style. "I think he has better taste than I do," she said. She also revealed that she always asks for Dimitrov's advise because it is "always better".
According to the athlete, who currently ranks fourth in the world, fashion is all about one's lifestyle and versatility. An individual has to be comfortable with what he or she is wearing as long as he or she feels comfortable in it.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Chelsea FC: Thibaut Courtois Thanks Cech For Tips Following Injury Scare, Not Ready To Relinquish No. 1 Spot
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage