Sony's Official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Spotted on Xperia Z Ultra and Xperia ZL with New Kernel Version
By Ryan Inoyori | December 9, 2013 4:27 PM EST
Android 4.3 Jelly Bean images leaked out for Sony Xperia Z Ultra and ZL with all-new kernel version have been spotted on Xperia ZL C6502 and Z Ultra C6802, XL39h models. Is Sony pushing Xperia Z series update real soon?
Leaked Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
Xperia Blog caught the attention of two leaked images of suspected Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware for Xperia Z Ultra and Xperia ZL. A member of XDA developers forum claimed that he received an Over-the-Air firmware update for his Sony Xperia Z Ultra C6802, XL39h that could be an Android 4.3 version.
It has a build version of 14.1.B.2.257 from the former 14.2.A.0.290 but he wasn't able to install the said firmware update which sizes up to 228.2 MB, suggesting a major update due to the enormous size. Since the Chinese text part of the image hasn't been translated yet, no one is sure what exactly the huge 200 MB update could have brought to his Xperia Z Ultra.
Another screenshots believed to be an official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update has been found on Xperia ZL. It runs a build version 10.4.X.X.XX and kernel 3.4 with user interface similar to Xperia Z1 and Z Ultra. The screen capture revealed that the model unit was C6502 Xperia ZL running Android 4.3, 2 GB of RAM and transparent soft buttons just like with Android 4.1.2 update.
Release Date Coming Soon?
Sony Xperia users are waiting anxiously to get the latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update and the company is set to push it live in December 2013. Although noted in the month of December, Sony didn't announce the exact starting day or week when will the update be rolling out.
These leaked screenshots may be the sign that Sony is getting closer to pushing the update very soon but Xperia Z series are the obvious initial getters of the newest firmware. Xperia smartphones scheduled for an update includes:
- Xperia Z Series: Xperia Z1, Z Ultra, Z, ZL, ZR and Tablet Z
- Xperia SP
- Xperia T and TX
- Xperia V
After the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean upgrade, Sony is also pushing Android 4.4 KitKat for all Xperia Z series, Xperia SP, Xperia T/TX and Xperia V by 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2