It is almost a must to look for a remote control before you even start your favourite games, movies and television sets on the Xbox One. Fortunately, Xbox one fans can utilise their consoles to control their TV automatically, provided that they have the Kinect 2 sensor plugged.
>Here is a step-by-step guide on how to make the Xbox One work on your TV set or basically use it as a remote control.
- On your device. If you have already arranged and configured your Kinect 2 sensor, you do can do so by saying "Xbox, on." Or you just slide your fingers on the round button of the Xbox one itself or on the controller. At this point, you must to turn on your television manually just yet.
- Open "My Games and Apps" using the controller.
- Open "Settings" either by using the controller or saying, "Xbox, Settings."
- Select "TV & OneGuide" settings.
- Choose "Devices" from the menu.
- Choose your TV brand and model. Then choose "Next."
- Select "Automatic."
- A mute signal will be sent to the TV. Choose "Send Command." Choose "Yes." If the signal did not work, Xbox will send another type of signal.
- The Xbox will try to send a prompt to modify the volume of your TV. Choose "Send Command."
- Select "Yes." if the command is working. If not, select "No" and wait for the Xbox one to try again.
- Select "Send Command," in "Info and Display"
- Select "Yes," if the command is working. If not, select "No" and wait for the Xbox one to try again.
- The last command is the TV menu functionality. Choose "Send Command"
- Select "Yes," if the command is working.
- The Xbox will indicate that it is now configured to communicate with your TV set. The Xbox one can also be used to control audio equipment and cable box by using the same configuration process.
- Press "B" on the "Device Menu" using the controller or you can say "Xbox, Go Back."
- In the "TV & OneGuide Menu" choose "Power Settings."
- Pin the box "Xbox On" turns on my devices or you can also turn off your TV set.
- On the controller, press "B" two times or say "Xbox, Go Home."
To contact the editor, e-mail: