Samsung Galaxy S5 Release Today; Samsung To Launch Galaxy J With Metal Body In Taiwan [VIDEO]
By Kristin Dian Mariano | December 9, 2013 3:22 PM EST
Samsung put the Internet ablaze after its subsidiary in Taiwan posted a controversial video entitled, "Just for you," featuring a handset with a metal built. Recent rumors claimed that Samsung Galaxy S5 will ditch the usual plastic body and sport a metal casing.
However, reports noted the video will showcase the Samsung Galaxy J arriving in Taiwan today. The title of the video already gave a hint. There is the constant use of "J" throughout the video such as "Just fit," "Just simple," and "Just elegant," which are some of the examples. Another proof is the origin of the video, which is from Samsung Taiwan. The Samsung Galaxy J is also certified in the country.
Despite not being the much awaited Samsung Galaxy S5, the Galaxy J packs interesting specs and features. The device will come with full-HD Super AMOLED display. It is powered by 2.3GHz quadcore Snapdragon 800 (MSM8974) processor similar to Galaxy Note 3. Unfortunately, the handset will run with 4.3 Jelly Bean and not with the latest Android 4.4 Kitkat OS.
Samsung Galaxy J has a 13.2-megapixel rear camera with BSI CMOS sensor and LED flash, while it also houses a 2.1-megapixel front-facing camera. The handset also comes with 3 GB of RAM and is available in 32 GB internal storage with expandable storage of up to additional 64 GB via microSD card. It also packs a 2600 mAh battery and comes with connectivity options like 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS/A-GPS, and NFC.
Meanwhile, Samsung Galaxy S5 is expected to come with 2.7 GHz quad core processor, probably a Snapdragon 800 or Snapdragon 805. There will also be 3.5 GB of RAM, support for a 2K resolution and a 16 megapixel OIS camera at the back with 4K video recording and 3500 mAh battery.
Samsung Galaxy S5 release date is still unconfirmed with rumors saying that the possible launch date will be early next year while other reports said the device is bound to arrive in the second half of 2014.
Watch the controversial video of Samsung Galaxy J below.
Source: YouTube/Samsung Taiwan
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family