Samsung Galaxy S5 Release Today; Samsung To Launch Galaxy J With Metal Body In Taiwan [VIDEO]
By Kristin Dian Mariano | December 9, 2013 3:22 PM EST
Samsung put the Internet ablaze after its subsidiary in Taiwan posted a controversial video entitled, "Just for you," featuring a handset with a metal built. Recent rumors claimed that Samsung Galaxy S5 will ditch the usual plastic body and sport a metal casing.
However, reports noted the video will showcase the Samsung Galaxy J arriving in Taiwan today. The title of the video already gave a hint. There is the constant use of "J" throughout the video such as "Just fit," "Just simple," and "Just elegant," which are some of the examples. Another proof is the origin of the video, which is from Samsung Taiwan. The Samsung Galaxy J is also certified in the country.
Despite not being the much awaited Samsung Galaxy S5, the Galaxy J packs interesting specs and features. The device will come with full-HD Super AMOLED display. It is powered by 2.3GHz quadcore Snapdragon 800 (MSM8974) processor similar to Galaxy Note 3. Unfortunately, the handset will run with 4.3 Jelly Bean and not with the latest Android 4.4 Kitkat OS.
Samsung Galaxy J has a 13.2-megapixel rear camera with BSI CMOS sensor and LED flash, while it also houses a 2.1-megapixel front-facing camera. The handset also comes with 3 GB of RAM and is available in 32 GB internal storage with expandable storage of up to additional 64 GB via microSD card. It also packs a 2600 mAh battery and comes with connectivity options like 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS/A-GPS, and NFC.
Meanwhile, Samsung Galaxy S5 is expected to come with 2.7 GHz quad core processor, probably a Snapdragon 800 or Snapdragon 805. There will also be 3.5 GB of RAM, support for a 2K resolution and a 16 megapixel OIS camera at the back with 4K video recording and 3500 mAh battery.
Samsung Galaxy S5 release date is still unconfirmed with rumors saying that the possible launch date will be early next year while other reports said the device is bound to arrive in the second half of 2014.
Watch the controversial video of Samsung Galaxy J below.
Source: YouTube/Samsung Taiwan
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 Reportedly Cleared by FCC: Five Fresh Features to Expect from Android Smart Phone
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs. OnePlus One—Specifications, Features, Release Date and Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 New Release Imminent as Apple Enters Mid-August Production with New 24-Karat Gold iPhone 6
- Richard Norris' Successful Face Transplant Lands Him in GQ Cover [WATCH VIDEOS]
- Japanese Whalers End Pacific Hunt with 115 Whales Dead and No Disruption from Sea Shepherd
- A Mother Of Two Dies While Undergoing Stem Cell Treatment
- Breaking Discovery: Industrial Pollution Reached South Pole by 19th Century
- Human Guinea Pigs for Google Health Projects