\Where to Watch NFL: The Battle for the NFC South - Carolina Panthers vs. New Orleans Saints [Live Streaming Info and Game Preview]
By James Patrick Quizon | December 9, 2013 11:20 AM EST
No team is hotter in the NFL than the Carolina Panthers which has won eight games in a row. The Cam Newton-led squad visits the New Orleans Saints which have yet to lose at home in the 2013 NFL regular season.
Aside from the teams’ respective streaks, the NFC South leadership is also on the line and more importantly, the winner will most likely avoid the wildcard round in the NFL postseason and will get the first round bye.
Carolina is holding opponents down to 13.1 points per game—the best defensive mark in the league. They'll be up against a Saints squad, which features Drew Brees leading the team’s passing game that is third best in the league with 302.8 passing yards per game.
The Panthers are winners on the road four straight times, including a big win over the San Francisco 49ers, 10-9, in Week 10. They also beat the New England Patriots, 24-20, a week later, adding yet another probable playoff-bound team in their victims list.
The Saints are coming off a disappointing 34-to-7 loss against the Seattle Seahawks, which snapped their three-game winning streak.
Against the spread, the Panthers have dominated this match-up. They’ve covered the last 11 of 12 meetings in New Orleans and are 8-2 ATS in the last 10 overall.
Get NFL Game Pass to watch this game live.
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Betting Lines: Carolina Panthers (+3) vs. New Orleans Saints (47.0)
Carolina Panthers Trends
- Panthers are 7-1 ATS in their last 8 gamess
- Panthers are 6-0 ATS in their last 6 games vs. NFC
- Panthers are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games after a win
- Panthers are 9-3 ATS in their last 12 games on the road
- Panthers are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games vs. NFC South
New Orleans Saints Trends
- Saints are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games
- Saints are 21-6 ATS in their last 27 games at home
- Saints are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games after a loss
- Saints are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games in Week 14
- Saints are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games in December
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet