\Where to Watch NFL: The Battle for the NFC South - Carolina Panthers vs. New Orleans Saints [Live Streaming Info and Game Preview]
By James Patrick Quizon | December 9, 2013 11:20 AM EST
No team is hotter in the NFL than the Carolina Panthers which has won eight games in a row. The Cam Newton-led squad visits the New Orleans Saints which have yet to lose at home in the 2013 NFL regular season.
Aside from the teams’ respective streaks, the NFC South leadership is also on the line and more importantly, the winner will most likely avoid the wildcard round in the NFL postseason and will get the first round bye.
Carolina is holding opponents down to 13.1 points per game—the best defensive mark in the league. They'll be up against a Saints squad, which features Drew Brees leading the team’s passing game that is third best in the league with 302.8 passing yards per game.
The Panthers are winners on the road four straight times, including a big win over the San Francisco 49ers, 10-9, in Week 10. They also beat the New England Patriots, 24-20, a week later, adding yet another probable playoff-bound team in their victims list.
The Saints are coming off a disappointing 34-to-7 loss against the Seattle Seahawks, which snapped their three-game winning streak.
Against the spread, the Panthers have dominated this match-up. They’ve covered the last 11 of 12 meetings in New Orleans and are 8-2 ATS in the last 10 overall.
Get NFL Game Pass to watch this game live.
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Betting Lines: Carolina Panthers (+3) vs. New Orleans Saints (47.0)
Carolina Panthers Trends
- Panthers are 7-1 ATS in their last 8 gamess
- Panthers are 6-0 ATS in their last 6 games vs. NFC
- Panthers are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games after a win
- Panthers are 9-3 ATS in their last 12 games on the road
- Panthers are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games vs. NFC South
New Orleans Saints Trends
- Saints are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games
- Saints are 21-6 ATS in their last 27 games at home
- Saints are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games after a loss
- Saints are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games in Week 14
- Saints are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games in December
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles