\Where to Watch NFL: The Battle for the NFC South - Carolina Panthers vs. New Orleans Saints [Live Streaming Info and Game Preview]
By James Patrick Quizon | December 9, 2013 11:20 AM EST
No team is hotter in the NFL than the Carolina Panthers which has won eight games in a row. The Cam Newton-led squad visits the New Orleans Saints which have yet to lose at home in the 2013 NFL regular season.
Aside from the teams’ respective streaks, the NFC South leadership is also on the line and more importantly, the winner will most likely avoid the wildcard round in the NFL postseason and will get the first round bye.
Carolina is holding opponents down to 13.1 points per game—the best defensive mark in the league. They'll be up against a Saints squad, which features Drew Brees leading the team’s passing game that is third best in the league with 302.8 passing yards per game.
The Panthers are winners on the road four straight times, including a big win over the San Francisco 49ers, 10-9, in Week 10. They also beat the New England Patriots, 24-20, a week later, adding yet another probable playoff-bound team in their victims list.
The Saints are coming off a disappointing 34-to-7 loss against the Seattle Seahawks, which snapped their three-game winning streak.
Against the spread, the Panthers have dominated this match-up. They’ve covered the last 11 of 12 meetings in New Orleans and are 8-2 ATS in the last 10 overall.
Get NFL Game Pass to watch this game live.
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Betting Lines: Carolina Panthers (+3) vs. New Orleans Saints (47.0)
Carolina Panthers Trends
- Panthers are 7-1 ATS in their last 8 gamess
- Panthers are 6-0 ATS in their last 6 games vs. NFC
- Panthers are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games after a win
- Panthers are 9-3 ATS in their last 12 games on the road
- Panthers are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games vs. NFC South
New Orleans Saints Trends
- Saints are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games
- Saints are 21-6 ATS in their last 27 games at home
- Saints are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games after a loss
- Saints are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games in Week 14
- Saints are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games in December
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tasks Engineers to Create the Perfect Tennis Racquet [VIDEO]
- LeBron James and Cleveland Cavaliers the Team to Beat in the East – Paul George
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Renewed Hope for Blues, as Paul Pogba's Agent Revealed that 'Anything is Possible'
- UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs. Nick Diaz Receives Mixed Reactions on Twitter
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools
- Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Ahead of iPhone 6 Sept 2014 Debut; Specced-Up but Remains Plastic-Wrapped – Reports