Google has just started rolling out Android 4.4.1 KitKat update with build version KOT49E for some of its Nexus branded devices.
The update roll-out begins after Dave Burke, Google's director of engineering for Android, revealed that the Android Team is working on the latest iteration of Android KitKat version 4.4.1. The new update, which is designed to fix the bug issues of the Nexus 5 camera, would roll out over the next few days.
Following this, Google confirmed Android 4.4.1 KitKat update for the Nexus 5.
"All of this gets a boost with an update to Android 4.4.1 rolling out to Nexus 5. It improves the camera with faster focusing, especially in low light, faster white balancing, for truer colors, the ability to pinch-zoom the viewfinder in HDR+ mode and less shutter lag," explains Google.
Click here for our step-by-step guide to install Android 4.4.1 KOT49E KitKat on Nexus 5.
Like always, the Nexus 5 is not the only device to receive the OTA update, which is now available for Nexus 4 and both Wi-Fi and LTE versions of Nexus 7 2013 model, notes Android Central.
The Android 4.4.1 KitKat brings several minor changes, apart from major camera improvement for the Nexus 5. The update addresses a number of small bug issues and brings minor user interface tweaks as well, according to Android Beat. Below is a list of changes and improvements noticed in Android 4.4.1 KitKat for Nexus devices.
1) The camera app on the Nexus 5 has become faster with the latest update.
2) The low volume output from Nexus 5 speaker in certain apps has been fixed.
3) The heptic feedback on Nexus 5 has also been tweaked.
4) There are some bug fixes related to ART. This allows Whatsapp to work with the ART runtime.
5) The default email client in Nexus 5 not syncing with an exchange server bug is also fixed now.
6) Immersive mode breaking while adjusting the volume level bug is fixed.
7) The new Photo app is now the default Gallery app.
8) There is slight improvement in benchmark performance of the Nexus 5.
9) The transparent status bar sometimes turning opaque issue on the Nexus 5 has fixed.
10) The navigation bar is now transparent on the Nexus 4 lockscreen.
11) The Settings icon in Quick tiles has been changed.
12) The Miracast setting has been renamed to Cast Settings.
13) Option for 4G/LTE under Mobile Data now shows "recommended."
14) LED pulses more frequently for notifications.
15) Cell/Wi-Fi/Battery icons in the notification bar are now aligned properly.
Must read: New Android 4.4.2 (KOT49H) KitKat Update Arrives for Nexus 5 [How to Install and Root]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail: