Top 10 Highest-Paid Tennis Athletes as Ranked by Forbes: Roger Federer, Maria Sharapova, Novak Djokovic and More
By Rachelle Corpuz | December 6, 2013 11:00 AM EST
The number six player in the world, Roger Federer, ranks first in Forbes' list of highest-earning professional tennis athletes. He may have experienced on the biggest setbacks in his tennis career during the 2013 season by failing to reach Grand Slam for the first time in 10 years, but it didn't stop Federer from becoming the world's highest-earning tennis player.
According to Forbes Magazine, his total earnings are equivalent to $71.5 million. The 32-year-old Swiss athlete has 10 major sponsorships with Rolex, Nike, Wilson, Mercedes Benz, Gillette, Lindt, Credit Suisse and Moe & Chandon, among many others. Just behind him, on the second place, is tennis court darling Maria Sharapova. The Russian superstar athlete has total earnings of $29 million, and $23 million of it accounts for her endorsement deals. She has been named the new ambassador of Porsche in 2013, and it will run for three years. Aside from that, Sharapova is also the brand image of Nike, Tag Heuer, Samsung Electronics, and more. She has her own business too, Sugarpova.
Both Federer and Sharapova used to dominate the world rankings. They may have been unsuccessful throughout the 2013 season and have not received huge prize money, but they still proved that they can earn so much even without the monetary reward from their winnings.
Serbian tennis player, Novak Djokovic, is at the third sport with $26.9 million earnings. Like Federer and Sharapova, much of Djokovic's earnings came from his endorsement deals.
Here's the complete list of Forbes' highest-earning tennis athletes:
1. Roger Federer - $71.5 million
2. Maria Sharapova - $29 million
3. Novak Djokovic - $26.9 million
4. Rafael Nadal - $26.4 million
5. Serena Williams - $20.5 million
6. Li Na - $18.2 million
7. Victoria Azarenka - $15.7 million
8. Andy Murray - $14.9 million
9. Caroline Wozniacki - $13.6 million
10. Kei Nishikori - $10.5 million
Forget school and just concentrate on tennis, these athletes are really riding it high. Isn't it wonderful to play your favourite sports and earn huge money from it?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia