Top 10 Highest-Paid Tennis Athletes as Ranked by Forbes: Roger Federer, Maria Sharapova, Novak Djokovic and More
By Rachelle Corpuz | December 6, 2013 11:00 AM EST
The number six player in the world, Roger Federer, ranks first in Forbes' list of highest-earning professional tennis athletes. He may have experienced on the biggest setbacks in his tennis career during the 2013 season by failing to reach Grand Slam for the first time in 10 years, but it didn't stop Federer from becoming the world's highest-earning tennis player.
According to Forbes Magazine, his total earnings are equivalent to $71.5 million. The 32-year-old Swiss athlete has 10 major sponsorships with Rolex, Nike, Wilson, Mercedes Benz, Gillette, Lindt, Credit Suisse and Moe & Chandon, among many others. Just behind him, on the second place, is tennis court darling Maria Sharapova. The Russian superstar athlete has total earnings of $29 million, and $23 million of it accounts for her endorsement deals. She has been named the new ambassador of Porsche in 2013, and it will run for three years. Aside from that, Sharapova is also the brand image of Nike, Tag Heuer, Samsung Electronics, and more. She has her own business too, Sugarpova.
Both Federer and Sharapova used to dominate the world rankings. They may have been unsuccessful throughout the 2013 season and have not received huge prize money, but they still proved that they can earn so much even without the monetary reward from their winnings.
Serbian tennis player, Novak Djokovic, is at the third sport with $26.9 million earnings. Like Federer and Sharapova, much of Djokovic's earnings came from his endorsement deals.
Here's the complete list of Forbes' highest-earning tennis athletes:
1. Roger Federer - $71.5 million
2. Maria Sharapova - $29 million
3. Novak Djokovic - $26.9 million
4. Rafael Nadal - $26.4 million
5. Serena Williams - $20.5 million
6. Li Na - $18.2 million
7. Victoria Azarenka - $15.7 million
8. Andy Murray - $14.9 million
9. Caroline Wozniacki - $13.6 million
10. Kei Nishikori - $10.5 million
Forget school and just concentrate on tennis, these athletes are really riding it high. Isn't it wonderful to play your favourite sports and earn huge money from it?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Striker Disappointed with Cesc Fabregas Sale to Chelsea
- 5 Sports Stars Who are Also Into Other Sports
- Manchester United Transfer News: Wilfried Zaha Might Stay After Impressing Van Gaal Against Inter [VIDEO]
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools