Gal Gadot is best known for playing Gisele in three Fast & Furious films.
Fast & Furious star Gal Gadot will play DC Comics' Wonder Woman in the upcoming Batman vs Superman film.
The relatively unknown israeli actress has been cast as Diana Prince in Zack Snyder's sequel to the 2013 blockbuster, Man of Steel.
But news that she will play the iconic heroine alongside Henry Cavill's Superman and Ben Affleck's Batman has disappointed many fans.
Amid the resounding cries of "who is that?" many complained that she was too skinny to play the Amazonian princess.
One fan tweeted: "I'm not the type to say this normally but Gal Gadot is going to have to bulk up if DC plans on showing Wonder Woman. She's skinny."
Wonder Woman was played by Lynda Carter in the 1970's.
Director Zack Snyder said Gabot would bring a "magical quality" to the role.
"Wonder Woman is arguably one of the most powerful female characters of all time and a fan favorite in the DC Universe," he said.
"Not only is Gal an amazing actress but she also has that magical quality that makes her perfect for the role. We look forward to audiences discovering Gal in the first feature film incarnation of this beloved character."
DC may have has found its Wonder Woman in the Hollywood newcomer, but who is Gal Gabot?
IBTimes UK gets to know the actress a little better...
Gal Gadot Facts
- Gal Gadot is best known for playing Gisele in three of the Fast & Furious films alongside co-stars Vin Diesel and Paul Walker .
- In 2004, Gadot was crowned Miss Israel and went on to represent her country at the Miss Universe beauty pageant that same year.
- Gadot married Israeli businessman Yaron Versano in 2008. They have a two-year-old daughter called Alma.
- She is devout Jew.
- She is 5ft, 9in and started out as a model in her late teens before transitioning into acting.
- Gadot served in the Israeli army for two years.
- Gadot is a an avid tweeter and regularly updates her 195,000 followers.
To contact the editor, e-mail: