China Toddler Beaten and Killed By Schoolgirl in Elevator Attack [GRAPHIC VIDEO]
By Umberto Bacchi | December 6, 2013 1:11 AM EST
A Chinese girl was caught on camera brutally beating a toddler before apparently throwing him off the 25th floor of a building to his death.
Shocking footage aired by state broadcaster Chongqing Broadcasting Group shows the schoolgirl, said to be aged between 10 and 12, slamming and kicking the 18-month-old baby inside an elevator in Chongqing, central China.
The little boy was accidentally left in the elevator by his mother. The lift's CCTV video recording shows the woman getting off at a floor while pulling the baby's bike.
Meanwhile the schoolgirl gets in and, before the woman can realise her son hasn't followed her, the lift's doors close behind her living him alone with his alleged murderer.
The girl, wearing a black backpack, picks him up and then suddenly slams him to the floor and starts beating him.
As the elevator reaches the 25th floor, she violently pushes the toddler out.
The baby was eventually found covered in blood in bushes outside the building's ground floor.
He was reportedly taken to a local hospital where he later died of the injuries suffered.
Police have launched an investigation into the incident.
The toddler and his attacker weren't reportedly related. The girl's father denied his daughter threw the baby off the building, SCMP reported.
"She just wanted him to smile to her and to be friendly," he was quoted as saying by Beijing News. The man also reportedly admitted often beating and scolding his daughter.
[UPDATE: The baby has reportedly survived the attack and is listed in critical condition at a local hospital.]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- MH370 Search Efforts Not Affected by MH17 Recovery; Australia Still Committed to Solving Mystery
- Another Aviation Disaster: Taiwan Plane Crashes, Passengers Aboard Feared Dead [PHOTO]
- 'Dronies' to Become Latest Trend as Tourism New Zealand Buys Drone to Record Tourists' Videos
- Former Destiny’s Child Star Farrah Franklin Arrested
- Asylum Seeker Women in Australia-Run Christmas Island Attempt Suicide in Desperation
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales