Finally, after much wait, the world of movies now has its Wonder Woman. "Fast & Furious" actress Gal Gadot has been confirmed by Warner Bros. to bring life to "Wonder Woman." The 28-year-old Isreali bombshell is Wonder Woman in the forthcoming "Batman vs. Superman."
Zack Snyder, director said in a statement: "Wonder Woman is arguably one of the most powerful female characters of all time and a fan favorite in the DC Universe. Not only is Gal an amazing actress, but she also has that magical quality that makes her perfect for the role. We look forward to audiences discovering Gal in the first feature film incarnation of this beloved character."
Here are seven things you must know about Gal Gadot:
1. She was in the Israeli Defence Forces: Yes, Gal Gadot spent two years in the Israeli army. She was the sports trainer in the defence forces.
2. She starred in three "Fast & Furious" films: She played the character Gisele Yashar. She first appeared in "Fast & Furious" 2009 and then in "Fast Five" and lastly in "Fast & Furious 6."
3. She was in a controversial photo shoot: Gal appeared in the controversial 2007 photo shoot by "Maxim" titled - "Women of the Israeli Army."
4. She is a hardcore motorcycle rider: Yes, boys and girls, we have seen her drive that motorcycle like a pro in "Fast & Furious 6," well she can ride one in real life too. She is the proud owner of a black 2006 Ducati Monster-S2R.
5. She is the first movie Wonder Woman: Previously, Lynda Carter played the character Wonder Woman on TV in the 1970s. And Adrianna Palicki was in a Wonder Woman pilot but it never made its big screen debut.
6. She is super excited to play Wonder Woman: Gal posted a link of a "Variety" story on her playing Wonder Woman on her Twitter account where she wrote, "So exciting!!!"
7. She is taken! Gal is married to Israeli businessman and hotelier Yaron Varsano. The couple have a baby girl named Alma.
To contact the editor, e-mail: