With the Spurs-Timberwolves tiff cancelled in Mexico because of the Mexican cartel, an electric glitch, it was up to the Pacers-Jazz and Clippers-Hawks games to decide how our NBA predictions will do Wednesday.
And when the smoke cleared, we went 3-1 for the day and now have improved to 21-10 win-loss betting record. On to NBA Thursday, when we have lean but mean match-ups…
Betting Lines: New York Knicks (+1) vs. Brooklyn Nets (O/U: 189.0)
Game time: 10:00 am AEDT
Picks: Nets ATS, Under 189.0
Prediction: Brooklyn Nets 95, New York Knicks 85
Finally one of New York’s teams will be getting a W! The Knicks look to snap a nine-game losing streak, while the Nets want some consistency too—Brooklyn isn’t faring any better over their rivals losing eight of their last 10 games.
Brooklyn will be missing the services of Deron Williams, Paul Pierce, Jason Terry and Andrei Kirilenko… But it doesn’t matter, the Knicks suck and even Carmelo Anthony agrees:
"We are the laughing stock of the league right now," said the Knicks’ franchise player, and Jason Kidd also feels the same.
"Both teams stink," said the Nets’ rookie coach.
We won’t disagree with either Melo or J-Kidd, but we think the Nets suck less and they’ll win this low-scoring game.
New York Knicks Trends
- Knicks are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games vs. Atlantic division teams
- Knicks are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games on the road
- Knicks are 1-8 ATS in their last 9 games
- Knicks are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games vs. East teams
Brooklyn Nets Trends
- Nets are 5-2-1 ATS in their last 8 games vs. Atlantic division teams
- Nets are 2-7 ATS in their last 9 games
- Nets are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games at home
- Nets are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games vs. East teams
Betting Lines: Miami Heat (-4.5) vs. Chicago Bulls (O/U: 189.0)
Game time: 12:30 pm AEDT
Picks: Bulls ATS, Under 189.0
Prediction: Chicago Bulls 96, Miami Heat 92
Miami Heat Trends
- Heat are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. Central division teams
- Heat are 26-10 ATS in their last 36 games on the road
- Heat are 14-3 ATS in their last 17 games after a loss
- Heat are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. the Bulls
Chicago Bulls Trends
- Bulls are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games
- Bulls are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games vs. Southeast division teams
- Bulls are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games vs. the Heat
- Bulls are 3-7 ATS in their last 10 games after an ATS loss
To contact the editor, e-mail: