NFL's Worst: Houston Texans vs. Jacksonville Jaguars [Game Preview]
By James Patrick Quizon | December 5, 2013 10:27 AM EST
It’s not the Super Bowl, but it sure is still football. Two teams with the ugliest record in the 2013 NFL regular season meet on Thursday Night Football when the Houston Texans visit the Jacksonville Jaguars.
The Texans at 2-10 are the worst team in football, but the Jaguars are not far ahead with just a 3-9 win-loss card entering the Week 14 match-up.
While the Jaguars have the better overall record, they do even worse than the Texans at home, going winless in 5 home games this season. Meanwhile, the Texans are 1-4 on the road.
Jacksonville is actually playing with like a real fo,otball team the past weeks with three wins in their last four games. Road victories over the Tennessee Titans, 49-27; Texans, 13-6 and Cleveland Browns, 32-28, have removed them from the bottom of the standings.
The same cannot be said for Houston. After a 2-0 start—wins over the San Diego Chargers, 31-28, and Titans, 30-24 (OT)—they have embarrassed themselves with a 10-game losing streak.
These teams met on Nov 24 in a Week 12 match-up in an expectedly low-scoring affair. Look for the same, maybe even less, in the rematch on Thursday.
Get NFL Game Pass to watch this game live.
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Betting Lines: Jacksonville Jaguars (+3) vs. Houston Texans (43.5)
Houston Texans Trends
- Texans are 2-6 ATS in their last 8 games on the road
- Texans are 3-10 ATS in their last 13 games
- Texans are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games vs. teams with losing records
- Texans are 0-7 ATS in their last 7 games after an ATS win
- Texans are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games vs. AFC South teams
Jacksonville Jaguars Trends
- Jaguars are 5-12 ATS in their last 17 games
- Jaguars are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games at home
- Jaguars are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. AFC teams
- Jaguars are 2-6 ATS in their last 8 games vs. teams with losing records
- Jaguars are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games on Thursday Night Football
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Michael Schumacher Condition: Manager Sabine Kehm Says The 7-Time World Champion Is Making ‘Progress Appropriate To The Severity Of His Situation’
- Dallas Cowboys Owner Jerry Jones Badly Wants Mayweather vs. Pacquiao At Cowboys Stadium
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James