NFL's Worst: Houston Texans vs. Jacksonville Jaguars [Game Preview]
By James Patrick Quizon | December 5, 2013 10:27 AM EST
It’s not the Super Bowl, but it sure is still football. Two teams with the ugliest record in the 2013 NFL regular season meet on Thursday Night Football when the Houston Texans visit the Jacksonville Jaguars.
The Texans at 2-10 are the worst team in football, but the Jaguars are not far ahead with just a 3-9 win-loss card entering the Week 14 match-up.
While the Jaguars have the better overall record, they do even worse than the Texans at home, going winless in 5 home games this season. Meanwhile, the Texans are 1-4 on the road.
Jacksonville is actually playing with like a real fo,otball team the past weeks with three wins in their last four games. Road victories over the Tennessee Titans, 49-27; Texans, 13-6 and Cleveland Browns, 32-28, have removed them from the bottom of the standings.
The same cannot be said for Houston. After a 2-0 start—wins over the San Diego Chargers, 31-28, and Titans, 30-24 (OT)—they have embarrassed themselves with a 10-game losing streak.
These teams met on Nov 24 in a Week 12 match-up in an expectedly low-scoring affair. Look for the same, maybe even less, in the rematch on Thursday.
Get NFL Game Pass to watch this game live.
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Betting Lines: Jacksonville Jaguars (+3) vs. Houston Texans (43.5)
Houston Texans Trends
- Texans are 2-6 ATS in their last 8 games on the road
- Texans are 3-10 ATS in their last 13 games
- Texans are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games vs. teams with losing records
- Texans are 0-7 ATS in their last 7 games after an ATS win
- Texans are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games vs. AFC South teams
Jacksonville Jaguars Trends
- Jaguars are 5-12 ATS in their last 17 games
- Jaguars are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games at home
- Jaguars are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. AFC teams
- Jaguars are 2-6 ATS in their last 8 games vs. teams with losing records
- Jaguars are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games on Thursday Night Football
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- UEFA Champions League Draw Result and Replay: Arsenal Joins Toughest Group, Cristiano Ronaldo Named Best Player In Europe [PHOTOS and VIDEO]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans