Criticisms of the Portland Trail Blazers’ good start in the 2013-2014 NBA regular season were ripe in the early part of 2013 when they raced to a 12-2 record against seemingly weaker teams. They stopped these critics on their tracks after beating the league’s top team in the Indiana Pacers on Monday.
They Blazer face another acid test when one of the Western Conference powerhouse teams, the Oklahoma City Thunder visited Portland on Wednesday night.
Powered by their work off the boards (47.4 rebounds per game – 1st overall in the NBA) and scoring (103.7 points per game – 9th), the Thunder are riding a nine-game winning streaking, entering the match-up with Portland, which have won 13 of their last 14 outings.
The most recent one was the victory against the Pacers (16-2), winning a close one, 106-102, over the league-leaders. Similar with Oklahoma City, Portland takes care of the glass (44.6 RPG – 8th) and scoring (104.7 PPG – 5th).
The Blazers overcame Pacer forward Paul George’s 43 points behind the 28 points and 10 rebounds of LaMarcus Aldridge and 26 markers and 6 rebounds of Damian Lillard. They will be facing yet another high-scoring forward in Kevin Durant, who averages 28.2 points per game, making him the top scorer this season.
Subscribe to NBA League Pass to watch the Thunder vs. Blazers and other NBA games on Wednesday.
Betting Lines: Oklahoma City Thunder (+2.5) vs. Portland Trail Blazers (O/U 204.5)
Game time: 1:00 pm AEDT
Oklahoma City Thunder Trends
- Thunder are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games after an ATS loss
- Thunder are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. teams with winning records
- Thunder are 6-0-1 ATS in their last 7 games vs. the Blazers
- Thunder are 3-0-1 ATS in their last 4 games vs. the Blazers on the road
Portland Trail Blazers Trends
- Trail Blazers are 8-2 ATS in their last 10 games
- Trail Blazers are 7-2 ATS in their last 9 games after a win
- Trail Blazers are 10-4-2 ATS in their last 16 games vs. Northwest division teams
- Trail Blazers are 5-11 ATS in their last 16 games at home
To contact the editor, e-mail: