This is not what the Toronto Raptors planned entering the 2013-2014 NBA regular season. After 16 games, the Canadian franchise is four games below 0.500, and on Tuesday they look to avoid their longest losing streak of the season when they visit the Golden State Warriors, a team which is also struggling having lost five of their last seven games.
Toronto has lost to the Brooklyn Nets, 102-100; Miami Heat, 90-83, and Denver Nuggets, 112-98, in their last three games—all at home, and all three they could not cover the spread.
Golden State, meanwhile, won over the Sacramento Kings, 115-113, in their last game but has struggled the past two weeks with various injuries to key players, including Andre Iguodala, who will still be out of commission and has missed the last five games.
The Raptors’ bench got outscored, 16-to-72, by the Nuggets reserves in their last outing. Four players ended up in double figures for Toronto, but it wasn't enough to stop the rampaging Nuggets who scored a total of 112 markers.
They better play better defense against Golden State, which is 11th in the league in scoring with 102.49 PPG. Specifically, the Raps D better get ready for Stephen Curry (36 points) and Klay Thompson (28 points) who combined in hitting a total of 13 three-pointers against Sacramento.
Get NBA League Pass to watch the Raptors vs. Warriors and other NBA games on Tuesday.
Betting Lines: Toronto Raptors (+7.5) vs. Golden State Warriors (O/U: 201.0)
Game time: 1:30 pm AEDT
Toronto Raptors Trends
- Raptors are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games
- Raptors are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games on the road
- Raptors are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games vs. West teams
- Raptors are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games vs. teams with winning records
Golden State Warriors Trends
- Warriors are 8-0 ATS in their last 8 games vs. the Raptors at home
- Warriors are 36-15 ATS in their last 51 games vs. Atlantic division teams
- Warriors are 1-3-1 ATS in their last 5 games after an ATS loss
- Warriors are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games at home
To contact the editor, e-mail: