Samsung has rolled out yet another maintenance (bug-fix) update for Galaxy S4 (LTE) GT-I9505 via Android 4.3 XXUEMKF Jelly Bean firmware. The new firmware is a follow-up release to the recently rolled out Android 4.3 XXUEMKE official Jelly Bean update.
The XXUEMKF firmware is now available for download as an Over-The-Air (OTA) update as well as via Samsung KIES. Nevertheless, if you missed the OTA update notification or are unable to access the update over KIES for some reason then you can download and install the same manually, using this guide.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any device damage during or after firmware installation. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
Android 4.3 I9505XXUEMKF Firmware Details
Version: Android 4.3
Build date: Nov 27, 2013
Supported Regions: Germany, France and UK
1. Install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy S4 (LTE) GT-I9505 on the computer.
2. Enable USB Debugging Mode on the phone by navigating to Settings >> Developer Options.
3. Back up all your important data before proceeding with firmware installation.
4. Ensure the phone is factory unlocked and not locked to any particular carrier.
5. Verify the phone has at least 80% battery charge to prevent unexpected device shutdown during firmware installation.
6. The Android 4.3 XXUEMKF Jelly Bean firmware works only on the Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505). Attempting to install this firmware on incompatible models may inadvertently brick the device. Verify the model number of the phone by navigating to Settings >> About Phone.
7. If device is stuck at booting or is experiencing boot loop issues, perform Wipe Cache Partition and Wipe Dalvik Cache a few more times before rebooting.
8. Allow newly installed ROM to stabilise for five minutes before you start working on it.
Steps to Update Galaxy S4 (LTE) GT-I9505 to Official Android 4.3 XXUEMKF Firmware
Step 1 - Download Android 4.3 I9505XXUEMKF for Galaxy S4 I9505 on computer and extract the zip file (using winrar/winzip or 7zip) to get .tar.md5and some other files.
Step 2 - Download ODIN v3.07 and extract the zip file to receive Odin3 v3.07.exe, which will help you to install Android 4.3 on your phone.
Step 3 - Power off the phone and boot it into Download Mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together until a construction Android robot icon with a warning triangle appears on screen. Then hit Volume Up button to progress into Download Mode.
Step 4 - Launch ODIN on computer as Administrator and connect your phone to it via USB cable, while your phone is still in Download Mode.
Step 5 - If the phone connects successfully, one of the ID: COM boxes will turn light blue with the corresponding COM port number and an "Added" message will appear on screen. This process may take some time, so leave it alone. If the message fails to appear, just re-install USB drivers or try connecting the phone to another (preferably rear) USB port on computer.
Step 6 - Choose the files that need to be installed on your phone, which can be found from the extracted I9505XXUEMKF firmware folder in Step 1.
- Click the 'PDA' button and select the file named .tar.md5.
- Tap the 'Phone' button and choose the file named 'MODEM'. Ignore this step if such file is missing.
- Hit the 'CSC' button and select the file named 'CSC'. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click the 'PIT' button and choose the .pit file. Ignore this step if such file is absent.
Step 7 - Enable Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options in Odin. Uncheck the Re-Partition option, unless you used a .PIT file in the previous step.
Step 8 - Click Start in ODIN and the firmware installation process will begin. It should complete in just a few minutes.
Step 9 - Once the installation is completed, your phone will reboot automatically or prompt you for a reboot. Reboot the phone and when the home screen appears, disconnect the phone from computer.
Your Samsung Galaxy S4 (LTE) I9505 is now successfully updated to Android 4.3 XXUEMKF official firmware. Go to Settings > About Phone to verify the firmware installed.
If Galaxy S4 LTE gets stuck at boot animation after Step 10, then go to recovery mode (press and hold the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together) and perform Wipe data/Factory Reset and Wipe Cache Partition task before selecting reboot system now function.
NOTE: In recovery mode use Volume keys to navigate between options and Power key to select the option. Please note that performing wiping task will erase your device's internal memory and not external SD card data.
Also Read: Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2 Get Android 4.3 I9300XXUGMK6 and N7100XXUEMK9 Test Firmware [How to Install]
Also Read: Update Galaxy S4 (LTE) I9505 to Android 4.4 KitKat Google Play Edition [GUIDE]
[Source: Honai of Android]
To contact the editor, e-mail: