NBA Trade Rumors: Evan Turner, Dion Waiters Swap Discussed By Cavs, Sixers
By Lou Ramon Aguila | December 3, 2013 6:41 PM EST
The Cleveland Cavaliers are still aggressively pushing hard to trade second-year shooting guard Dion Waiters in exchange for picks or another dynamic young player, a reliable league source disclosed last weekend.
The Cavaliers are still exploring the trading floor in an attempt to hammer a potential deal for Waiters, who has been the subject of trade rumors as of late.
According to sources, the Cavs have already offered Waiters to the New York in exchange for Iman Shumpert, but the Knickerbockers immediately nixed the offer as they are currently looking for a frontcourt help not another shooting guard.
Cleveland denied trade rumors since their failed negotiations with the Knicks, though Hoopsworld writer Alex Kennedy believed Waiters could still be moved before the midseason trade deadline.
"I won't be surprised if the Cavs trade Dion Waiters. From what I'm told, this isn't the first time they've offered Waiters in trade talks," Kennedy posted on his Twitter account.
Waiters for Sixers' Evan Turner
A possible trade scenario involving Waiters could be a direct swap between the Cavs and the Sixers. Cleveland can send Waiters to the Philadelphia in exchange for Turner, who is set to become a free agent after this season.
The Cavs direly needs a productive swingman with last summer's free-agent pickup Earl Clark and mainstay swingman Alonzo Gee all struggling offensively. Several analysts really thought Turner can fill up the role perfectly, giving the Cavs another reliable scorer alongside Kyrie Irving and center Andrew Bynum.
"According to ESPN's Chris Broussard (via ProBasketballTalk), the Sixers are one of several teams the Cleveland Cavaliers have contacted about potentially trading for guard Dion Waiters. Evan Turner would be the Cavs' target in the deal. The report states no deal is imminent," via Comcast Sportsnet.
The Cavaliers may need to wait until the last week of January, if they ever have a chance to land Turner. The Sixers are expected to assess all possible offers on the table or perhaps evaluate Turner, if he's worthy of $10 million per year deal.
Despite failing extend Turner's contract before the deadline, the Sixers can still keep the Ohio State Buckeyes star by matching all offers given to him in the offseason.
For more NBA trade rumors news, read more at IBT Sports
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Freddie Roach Provoking ‘Washed-Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr., Says Manny Pacquiao Will KO Undefeated American
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft