NBA Trade Rumors: Evan Turner, Dion Waiters Swap Discussed By Cavs, Sixers
By Lou Ramon Aguila | December 3, 2013 6:41 PM EST
The Cleveland Cavaliers are still aggressively pushing hard to trade second-year shooting guard Dion Waiters in exchange for picks or another dynamic young player, a reliable league source disclosed last weekend.
The Cavaliers are still exploring the trading floor in an attempt to hammer a potential deal for Waiters, who has been the subject of trade rumors as of late.
According to sources, the Cavs have already offered Waiters to the New York in exchange for Iman Shumpert, but the Knickerbockers immediately nixed the offer as they are currently looking for a frontcourt help not another shooting guard.
Cleveland denied trade rumors since their failed negotiations with the Knicks, though Hoopsworld writer Alex Kennedy believed Waiters could still be moved before the midseason trade deadline.
"I won't be surprised if the Cavs trade Dion Waiters. From what I'm told, this isn't the first time they've offered Waiters in trade talks," Kennedy posted on his Twitter account.
Waiters for Sixers' Evan Turner
A possible trade scenario involving Waiters could be a direct swap between the Cavs and the Sixers. Cleveland can send Waiters to the Philadelphia in exchange for Turner, who is set to become a free agent after this season.
The Cavs direly needs a productive swingman with last summer's free-agent pickup Earl Clark and mainstay swingman Alonzo Gee all struggling offensively. Several analysts really thought Turner can fill up the role perfectly, giving the Cavs another reliable scorer alongside Kyrie Irving and center Andrew Bynum.
"According to ESPN's Chris Broussard (via ProBasketballTalk), the Sixers are one of several teams the Cleveland Cavaliers have contacted about potentially trading for guard Dion Waiters. Evan Turner would be the Cavs' target in the deal. The report states no deal is imminent," via Comcast Sportsnet.
The Cavaliers may need to wait until the last week of January, if they ever have a chance to land Turner. The Sixers are expected to assess all possible offers on the table or perhaps evaluate Turner, if he's worthy of $10 million per year deal.
Despite failing extend Turner's contract before the deadline, the Sixers can still keep the Ohio State Buckeyes star by matching all offers given to him in the offseason.
For more NBA trade rumors news, read more at IBT Sports
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tasks Engineers to Create the Perfect Tennis Racquet [VIDEO]
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- LeBron James and Cleveland Cavaliers the Team to Beat in the East – Paul George
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Striker Disappointed with Cesc Fabregas Sale to Chelsea
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff