NBA Trade Rumors: Evan Turner, Dion Waiters Swap Discussed By Cavs, Sixers
By Lou Ramon Aguila | December 3, 2013 6:41 PM EST
The Cleveland Cavaliers are still aggressively pushing hard to trade second-year shooting guard Dion Waiters in exchange for picks or another dynamic young player, a reliable league source disclosed last weekend.
The Cavaliers are still exploring the trading floor in an attempt to hammer a potential deal for Waiters, who has been the subject of trade rumors as of late.
According to sources, the Cavs have already offered Waiters to the New York in exchange for Iman Shumpert, but the Knickerbockers immediately nixed the offer as they are currently looking for a frontcourt help not another shooting guard.
Cleveland denied trade rumors since their failed negotiations with the Knicks, though Hoopsworld writer Alex Kennedy believed Waiters could still be moved before the midseason trade deadline.
"I won't be surprised if the Cavs trade Dion Waiters. From what I'm told, this isn't the first time they've offered Waiters in trade talks," Kennedy posted on his Twitter account.
Waiters for Sixers' Evan Turner
A possible trade scenario involving Waiters could be a direct swap between the Cavs and the Sixers. Cleveland can send Waiters to the Philadelphia in exchange for Turner, who is set to become a free agent after this season.
The Cavs direly needs a productive swingman with last summer's free-agent pickup Earl Clark and mainstay swingman Alonzo Gee all struggling offensively. Several analysts really thought Turner can fill up the role perfectly, giving the Cavs another reliable scorer alongside Kyrie Irving and center Andrew Bynum.
"According to ESPN's Chris Broussard (via ProBasketballTalk), the Sixers are one of several teams the Cleveland Cavaliers have contacted about potentially trading for guard Dion Waiters. Evan Turner would be the Cavs' target in the deal. The report states no deal is imminent," via Comcast Sportsnet.
The Cavaliers may need to wait until the last week of January, if they ever have a chance to land Turner. The Sixers are expected to assess all possible offers on the table or perhaps evaluate Turner, if he's worthy of $10 million per year deal.
Despite failing extend Turner's contract before the deadline, the Sixers can still keep the Ohio State Buckeyes star by matching all offers given to him in the offseason.
For more NBA trade rumors news, read more at IBT Sports
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People