NBA Trade Rumors: Evan Turner, Dion Waiters Swap Discussed By Cavs, Sixers
By Lou Ramon Aguila | December 3, 2013 6:41 PM EST
The Cleveland Cavaliers are still aggressively pushing hard to trade second-year shooting guard Dion Waiters in exchange for picks or another dynamic young player, a reliable league source disclosed last weekend.
The Cavaliers are still exploring the trading floor in an attempt to hammer a potential deal for Waiters, who has been the subject of trade rumors as of late.
According to sources, the Cavs have already offered Waiters to the New York in exchange for Iman Shumpert, but the Knickerbockers immediately nixed the offer as they are currently looking for a frontcourt help not another shooting guard.
Cleveland denied trade rumors since their failed negotiations with the Knicks, though Hoopsworld writer Alex Kennedy believed Waiters could still be moved before the midseason trade deadline.
"I won't be surprised if the Cavs trade Dion Waiters. From what I'm told, this isn't the first time they've offered Waiters in trade talks," Kennedy posted on his Twitter account.
Waiters for Sixers' Evan Turner
A possible trade scenario involving Waiters could be a direct swap between the Cavs and the Sixers. Cleveland can send Waiters to the Philadelphia in exchange for Turner, who is set to become a free agent after this season.
The Cavs direly needs a productive swingman with last summer's free-agent pickup Earl Clark and mainstay swingman Alonzo Gee all struggling offensively. Several analysts really thought Turner can fill up the role perfectly, giving the Cavs another reliable scorer alongside Kyrie Irving and center Andrew Bynum.
"According to ESPN's Chris Broussard (via ProBasketballTalk), the Sixers are one of several teams the Cleveland Cavaliers have contacted about potentially trading for guard Dion Waiters. Evan Turner would be the Cavs' target in the deal. The report states no deal is imminent," via Comcast Sportsnet.
The Cavaliers may need to wait until the last week of January, if they ever have a chance to land Turner. The Sixers are expected to assess all possible offers on the table or perhaps evaluate Turner, if he's worthy of $10 million per year deal.
Despite failing extend Turner's contract before the deadline, the Sixers can still keep the Ohio State Buckeyes star by matching all offers given to him in the offseason.
For more NBA trade rumors news, read more at IBT Sports
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group A Preview, Prediction, Roster, Schedule: Spain and Brazil To Clinch Top 2 Spots, France, Serbia, And Iran To Battle For Remaining Slots
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Team Preview: Puerto Rico Roster, Key Players And Schedule
- Kevin Love Tells Minnesota Timberwolves Owner Glen Taylor To Mind His Own Team
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- UEFA Champions League Draw: Schedule, TV and Live Stream Information
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique