NBA Trade Rumors: Evan Turner, Dion Waiters Swap Discussed By Cavs, Sixers
By Lou Ramon Aguila | December 3, 2013 6:41 PM EST
The Cleveland Cavaliers are still aggressively pushing hard to trade second-year shooting guard Dion Waiters in exchange for picks or another dynamic young player, a reliable league source disclosed last weekend.
The Cavaliers are still exploring the trading floor in an attempt to hammer a potential deal for Waiters, who has been the subject of trade rumors as of late.
According to sources, the Cavs have already offered Waiters to the New York in exchange for Iman Shumpert, but the Knickerbockers immediately nixed the offer as they are currently looking for a frontcourt help not another shooting guard.
Cleveland denied trade rumors since their failed negotiations with the Knicks, though Hoopsworld writer Alex Kennedy believed Waiters could still be moved before the midseason trade deadline.
"I won't be surprised if the Cavs trade Dion Waiters. From what I'm told, this isn't the first time they've offered Waiters in trade talks," Kennedy posted on his Twitter account.
Waiters for Sixers' Evan Turner
A possible trade scenario involving Waiters could be a direct swap between the Cavs and the Sixers. Cleveland can send Waiters to the Philadelphia in exchange for Turner, who is set to become a free agent after this season.
The Cavs direly needs a productive swingman with last summer's free-agent pickup Earl Clark and mainstay swingman Alonzo Gee all struggling offensively. Several analysts really thought Turner can fill up the role perfectly, giving the Cavs another reliable scorer alongside Kyrie Irving and center Andrew Bynum.
"According to ESPN's Chris Broussard (via ProBasketballTalk), the Sixers are one of several teams the Cleveland Cavaliers have contacted about potentially trading for guard Dion Waiters. Evan Turner would be the Cavs' target in the deal. The report states no deal is imminent," via Comcast Sportsnet.
The Cavaliers may need to wait until the last week of January, if they ever have a chance to land Turner. The Sixers are expected to assess all possible offers on the table or perhaps evaluate Turner, if he's worthy of $10 million per year deal.
Despite failing extend Turner's contract before the deadline, the Sixers can still keep the Ohio State Buckeyes star by matching all offers given to him in the offseason.
For more NBA trade rumors news, read more at IBT Sports
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- NFL Week 2: Kansas City Chiefs Vs. Denver Broncos Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence