Ironic and Satirical Deaths in History: Paul Walker, Steve Irwin, Dale Earnhardt, and More
By Rachelle Corpuz | December 3, 2013 11:02 AM EST
Death is a tragedy that is never easy to deal with. In our history, there have been a lot of cases where people die that might be considered ironic. There have been instances all throughout the history where people die from the very things that they were actually notable for.
The Hollywood actor passed away in a car accident in California on Nov. 30. Walker is best known for his role as a police officer and a fantastic driver in the movie franchise Fast and the Furious. Walker was 40.
Irwin, also known as The Crocodile Hunter, was a wildlife expert. He got killed while filming a documentary titled Ocean's Deadliest. A sting ray had pierced him in the chest with its tail spine. Irwin was pronounced dead at the scene. He died at the age of 44.
Earnhardt was an American race car driver. He was recognised as one of the best National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing (NASCAR) racers of all-time. On Feb. 28, 2001, Earnhardt died of a basilar skull fracture at Daytona International Speedway while participating in the 2001 Daytona 500.
Senna was a Brazilian race car driver who died when he crashed his car into a concrete barrier while he was participating in the 1994 San Marino Gran Prix. Senna's crash was one of the first fatal accidents to have taken place during a Formula One race in 12 years. He was 34.
Ratzenberger was an Austrian race car driver. He died while racing during the qualifying round for the 1994 San Marino Grand Prix. It was only a day before Ayrton Senna died.
Edwards was a British race car driver. He died at an early age of 26 during a private racing session held at Queensland Raceway, in Australia.
Fixx was an American fitness guru. He popularised the sport of running and demonstrated the health benefits of jogging regularly. On July 20, 1084, he died of heart attack after his daily running routine. He was 52 at the time of his death.
Are these deaths only coincidental? What do you think?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Minnesota Timberwolves 2015-2015 NBA Preview: Wiggins-Rubio Era In Minneapolis Begins
- Dallas Mavericks 2015-2015 NBA Preview: Nowitzki, Ellis Has New Shooting Partner In Parsons
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks
- U.S. Missile Shield In Europe Opens In Romania: Russia's Reservations Ignored