Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 vs. Google Nexus 10 2 Rumored Specs [UPDATED]
By Vanessa Francisco | December 2, 2013 4:59 PM EST
Google and Samsung continue to compete against each other in the world of the tablet market and there is no stopping for these two firms. Both have recently released a new line of phones with impressive specs.
To help consumers worldwide choose a better tablet, here are the specs and price comparison between the Samsung Galaxy 3 and the Google Nexus 10 2.
While Google has yet to release the second generation of Nexus 10, Samsung has already released the compact and lightweight tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab 3. According to speculations, Google Nexus 10 2 will have a 10.1-inch Super PLS TFT capacitive touch screen. Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 has an 8-inch TFT capacitive touch screen.
The Nexus 10 2 displays 16 million colors, 2560 x 1600 pixel resolution and a pixel density of 299 ppi. Meanwhile, the Galaxy Tab 3 offers the same 16 million colors but with a pixel density of only 189 ppi. It is worth noting that the Nexus 10 2 is expected to have an upgraded Gorilla Glass coating to 3 instead of 2.
While it has been rumored to have the Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chipset, Google Nexus 10 2 is set to be powered by Tegra 4 CPU instead of its predecessor. This is great news for gamers as the Tegra 4 chipset has been heralded as the best in gaming performance. The Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 offers an Exynos 4212 chipset with a 1.5 GHz dual core processor and 1.5 GB of RAM, running on 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. Like its brother the Nexus 5, Nexus 10 2 is seen to have a separate Adreno 330 GPU for faster and better graphic processing. Other rumored specs include 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB and 32 GB storage variants.
Nexus 10 2 will run on Android 4.4, bring new software features to the new tablet. Its speculated prices are $399 for the 16 GB model and $499 for the 32 GB variant. Its attractive pricing strategy is one of Google's best assets. The Nexus 10 2 release date is expected Cyber Monday 2013. So far there are no signs that this could be true. The Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 has already been released all over the world.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Windows Phone 8.1, Nokia Lumia Cyan Update: All Supported Devices In Various Regions As Of August
- 'No Man's Sky' For PlayStation 4: The Sun Will Burn Out But The Game Will Go On (Watch Trailer)
- Sony Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide For Xperia Z Devices As Of August 2014
- Sony Xperia M2 Aqua Buyer's Guide: Reasons Why Upgrade From Xperia V Or Xperia ZR
- Xbox One VS. PS4 At PAX Prime 2014:18 Games On Sale And A Lineup Of Xbox Games Revealed
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique