Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 vs. Google Nexus 10 2 Rumored Specs [UPDATED]
By Vanessa Francisco | December 2, 2013 4:59 PM EST
Google and Samsung continue to compete against each other in the world of the tablet market and there is no stopping for these two firms. Both have recently released a new line of phones with impressive specs.
To help consumers worldwide choose a better tablet, here are the specs and price comparison between the Samsung Galaxy 3 and the Google Nexus 10 2.
While Google has yet to release the second generation of Nexus 10, Samsung has already released the compact and lightweight tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab 3. According to speculations, Google Nexus 10 2 will have a 10.1-inch Super PLS TFT capacitive touch screen. Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 has an 8-inch TFT capacitive touch screen.
The Nexus 10 2 displays 16 million colors, 2560 x 1600 pixel resolution and a pixel density of 299 ppi. Meanwhile, the Galaxy Tab 3 offers the same 16 million colors but with a pixel density of only 189 ppi. It is worth noting that the Nexus 10 2 is expected to have an upgraded Gorilla Glass coating to 3 instead of 2.
While it has been rumored to have the Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chipset, Google Nexus 10 2 is set to be powered by Tegra 4 CPU instead of its predecessor. This is great news for gamers as the Tegra 4 chipset has been heralded as the best in gaming performance. The Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 offers an Exynos 4212 chipset with a 1.5 GHz dual core processor and 1.5 GB of RAM, running on 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. Like its brother the Nexus 5, Nexus 10 2 is seen to have a separate Adreno 330 GPU for faster and better graphic processing. Other rumored specs include 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB and 32 GB storage variants.
Nexus 10 2 will run on Android 4.4, bring new software features to the new tablet. Its speculated prices are $399 for the 16 GB model and $499 for the 32 GB variant. Its attractive pricing strategy is one of Google's best assets. The Nexus 10 2 release date is expected Cyber Monday 2013. So far there are no signs that this could be true. The Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 has already been released all over the world.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Games: The Last of Us Remastered Photo Mode Leaked Shots; Halo: Master Chief Collection Detailed
- Dragon Age 3 Inquisition Romance: Cassandra Pentaghast, Dorian, Cullen, Sera, Iron Bull and Josephine Montilyet
- The SIMS 4 Official System Requirements Reveal Low Spec Demands; Release Date on September 2
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUFNF4 Firmware Manual Installation
- Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes Release Date, Features Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy Play Set
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal