Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 vs. Google Nexus 10 2 Rumored Specs [UPDATED]
By Vanessa Francisco | December 2, 2013 4:59 PM EST
Google and Samsung continue to compete against each other in the world of the tablet market and there is no stopping for these two firms. Both have recently released a new line of phones with impressive specs.
To help consumers worldwide choose a better tablet, here are the specs and price comparison between the Samsung Galaxy 3 and the Google Nexus 10 2.
While Google has yet to release the second generation of Nexus 10, Samsung has already released the compact and lightweight tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab 3. According to speculations, Google Nexus 10 2 will have a 10.1-inch Super PLS TFT capacitive touch screen. Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 has an 8-inch TFT capacitive touch screen.
The Nexus 10 2 displays 16 million colors, 2560 x 1600 pixel resolution and a pixel density of 299 ppi. Meanwhile, the Galaxy Tab 3 offers the same 16 million colors but with a pixel density of only 189 ppi. It is worth noting that the Nexus 10 2 is expected to have an upgraded Gorilla Glass coating to 3 instead of 2.
While it has been rumored to have the Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chipset, Google Nexus 10 2 is set to be powered by Tegra 4 CPU instead of its predecessor. This is great news for gamers as the Tegra 4 chipset has been heralded as the best in gaming performance. The Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 offers an Exynos 4212 chipset with a 1.5 GHz dual core processor and 1.5 GB of RAM, running on 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. Like its brother the Nexus 5, Nexus 10 2 is seen to have a separate Adreno 330 GPU for faster and better graphic processing. Other rumored specs include 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB and 32 GB storage variants.
Nexus 10 2 will run on Android 4.4, bring new software features to the new tablet. Its speculated prices are $399 for the 16 GB model and $499 for the 32 GB variant. Its attractive pricing strategy is one of Google's best assets. The Nexus 10 2 release date is expected Cyber Monday 2013. So far there are no signs that this could be true. The Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 has already been released all over the world.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Upcoming Games For Xbox One 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs. Sony Xperia C3: Features, Specs and Performance Compared
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales