Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 vs. Google Nexus 10 2 Rumored Specs [UPDATED]
By Vanessa Francisco | December 2, 2013 4:59 PM EST
Google and Samsung continue to compete against each other in the world of the tablet market and there is no stopping for these two firms. Both have recently released a new line of phones with impressive specs.
To help consumers worldwide choose a better tablet, here are the specs and price comparison between the Samsung Galaxy 3 and the Google Nexus 10 2.
While Google has yet to release the second generation of Nexus 10, Samsung has already released the compact and lightweight tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab 3. According to speculations, Google Nexus 10 2 will have a 10.1-inch Super PLS TFT capacitive touch screen. Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 has an 8-inch TFT capacitive touch screen.
The Nexus 10 2 displays 16 million colors, 2560 x 1600 pixel resolution and a pixel density of 299 ppi. Meanwhile, the Galaxy Tab 3 offers the same 16 million colors but with a pixel density of only 189 ppi. It is worth noting that the Nexus 10 2 is expected to have an upgraded Gorilla Glass coating to 3 instead of 2.
While it has been rumored to have the Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chipset, Google Nexus 10 2 is set to be powered by Tegra 4 CPU instead of its predecessor. This is great news for gamers as the Tegra 4 chipset has been heralded as the best in gaming performance. The Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 offers an Exynos 4212 chipset with a 1.5 GHz dual core processor and 1.5 GB of RAM, running on 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. Like its brother the Nexus 5, Nexus 10 2 is seen to have a separate Adreno 330 GPU for faster and better graphic processing. Other rumored specs include 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB and 32 GB storage variants.
Nexus 10 2 will run on Android 4.4, bring new software features to the new tablet. Its speculated prices are $399 for the 16 GB model and $499 for the 32 GB variant. Its attractive pricing strategy is one of Google's best assets. The Nexus 10 2 release date is expected Cyber Monday 2013. So far there are no signs that this could be true. The Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 has already been released all over the world.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28