Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 vs. Google Nexus 10 2 Rumored Specs [UPDATED]
By Vanessa Francisco | December 2, 2013 4:59 PM EST
Google and Samsung continue to compete against each other in the world of the tablet market and there is no stopping for these two firms. Both have recently released a new line of phones with impressive specs.
To help consumers worldwide choose a better tablet, here are the specs and price comparison between the Samsung Galaxy 3 and the Google Nexus 10 2.
While Google has yet to release the second generation of Nexus 10, Samsung has already released the compact and lightweight tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab 3. According to speculations, Google Nexus 10 2 will have a 10.1-inch Super PLS TFT capacitive touch screen. Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 has an 8-inch TFT capacitive touch screen.
The Nexus 10 2 displays 16 million colors, 2560 x 1600 pixel resolution and a pixel density of 299 ppi. Meanwhile, the Galaxy Tab 3 offers the same 16 million colors but with a pixel density of only 189 ppi. It is worth noting that the Nexus 10 2 is expected to have an upgraded Gorilla Glass coating to 3 instead of 2.
While it has been rumored to have the Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chipset, Google Nexus 10 2 is set to be powered by Tegra 4 CPU instead of its predecessor. This is great news for gamers as the Tegra 4 chipset has been heralded as the best in gaming performance. The Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 offers an Exynos 4212 chipset with a 1.5 GHz dual core processor and 1.5 GB of RAM, running on 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. Like its brother the Nexus 5, Nexus 10 2 is seen to have a separate Adreno 330 GPU for faster and better graphic processing. Other rumored specs include 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB and 32 GB storage variants.
Nexus 10 2 will run on Android 4.4, bring new software features to the new tablet. Its speculated prices are $399 for the 16 GB model and $499 for the 32 GB variant. Its attractive pricing strategy is one of Google's best assets. The Nexus 10 2 release date is expected Cyber Monday 2013. So far there are no signs that this could be true. The Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 has already been released all over the world.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- Skype Gets A New Exclusive Feature On The Windows Phone
- More PS4. 2.0 Firmware Update Details; PlayStation Plus November Lineup Revealed
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’