Paul Walker Died After Raising Money for Haiyan Victims
By Riza Ornos | December 2, 2013 3:55 PM EST
One of the "Fast and the Furious" lead stars Paul Walker was declared dead on Saturday, November 30 when his car crashed north of Los Angeles. This happened during his charity, Reach Out Worldwide, was trying to raise funds for Haiyan victims in the Philippines.
Known for his role as Brian O'Connor in the "Fast and the Furious" series, Paul Walker was with a friend when the fatal accident happened that took both of their lives aboard in a red 2005 Porsche Carrera GT. The car was owned by his friend who was driving the car when it crashed into a tree and burst into flames.
The two passengers were dead at the scene according to the Los Angeles County Fire Department after they extinguished the fiery flame. The news was confirmed on his official Facebook account on Sunday morning, Paul Walker died at the age of 40.
The actor was co-hosting an event for the Haiyan survivors in Santa Clarita, Calififornia through his organization, Reach Out Worldwide, hoping to send volunteers to help out in the Philippine's ground zero.
Reach Out Worldwide
Formed by Paul Walker in 2010, Reach Out Worldwide (ROWW) mission is to give a quick-response to affected areas of calamities by providing qualified team members including doctors, paramedics, EMT's, and search and rescue team members to provide first aid and medical supplies.
ROWW is a mobile first aid organization that plans to help out areas after natural disasters around the globe. Thanks to its skilled volunteers, the non-profit organization has a network of committed professionals with first responder skill-set including project management, heavy equipment operation, firefighting and healthcare.
These volunteers are on the go whenever disaster strikes, and just recently a super typhoon left the islands of the Philippines down to its knees. Now the ROWW team is ready to put their "boots on the ground" in the Philippines and address the needs of the survivors who are still stuck in the typhoon's ground zero.
When the organization was asked about Paul Walker's sudden death, the team posted a tribute in the ROWW official Facebook page.
"Paul wasn't someone who would just write a check and lend his name to an organization; he was the heart and soul of Reach Out WorldWide. Paul was the first one in and the last one out, he led by example and his hard work and dedication inspired everyone who had the privilege of working with him. He led one of the first teams into the hardest hit areas of Haiti and traveled to Chili to bring water, medical aid and hope after the Earthquake and Tsunami. He ran a chainsaw clearing debris and helping people get back into their homes during the hottest days after the tornadoes in Alabama... Some people play a hero, Paul was a hero. Paul was an honorable, hardworking, dedicated, respectful man with a humble spirit who shared his blessings with those who needed it most. It was an honor and a privilege to be able to work with, learn and look up to someone who walked the walk." - JD Dorfman, Reach Out Worldwide
Right now, ROWW is still in need of donation and volunteers to expand the help of the organization. For those who are interested to donate and volunteer, you can visit the ROWW website.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- ‘Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice’ Comic-Con Teaser Trailer In Animation [Watch Video]
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 21, 2014: A Party For Hope And Wyatt Affects Liam’s Pride In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1 Teaser Video: ‘What’s Coming Next’
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE Android 4.4.2, Android 4.4.4Guide: Installation and When to Hit Your Region
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch