Paul Walker Died After Raising Money for Haiyan Victims
By Riza Ornos | December 2, 2013 3:55 PM EST
One of the "Fast and the Furious" lead stars Paul Walker was declared dead on Saturday, November 30 when his car crashed north of Los Angeles. This happened during his charity, Reach Out Worldwide, was trying to raise funds for Haiyan victims in the Philippines.
Known for his role as Brian O'Connor in the "Fast and the Furious" series, Paul Walker was with a friend when the fatal accident happened that took both of their lives aboard in a red 2005 Porsche Carrera GT. The car was owned by his friend who was driving the car when it crashed into a tree and burst into flames.
The two passengers were dead at the scene according to the Los Angeles County Fire Department after they extinguished the fiery flame. The news was confirmed on his official Facebook account on Sunday morning, Paul Walker died at the age of 40.
The actor was co-hosting an event for the Haiyan survivors in Santa Clarita, Calififornia through his organization, Reach Out Worldwide, hoping to send volunteers to help out in the Philippine's ground zero.
Reach Out Worldwide
Formed by Paul Walker in 2010, Reach Out Worldwide (ROWW) mission is to give a quick-response to affected areas of calamities by providing qualified team members including doctors, paramedics, EMT's, and search and rescue team members to provide first aid and medical supplies.
ROWW is a mobile first aid organization that plans to help out areas after natural disasters around the globe. Thanks to its skilled volunteers, the non-profit organization has a network of committed professionals with first responder skill-set including project management, heavy equipment operation, firefighting and healthcare.
These volunteers are on the go whenever disaster strikes, and just recently a super typhoon left the islands of the Philippines down to its knees. Now the ROWW team is ready to put their "boots on the ground" in the Philippines and address the needs of the survivors who are still stuck in the typhoon's ground zero.
When the organization was asked about Paul Walker's sudden death, the team posted a tribute in the ROWW official Facebook page.
"Paul wasn't someone who would just write a check and lend his name to an organization; he was the heart and soul of Reach Out WorldWide. Paul was the first one in and the last one out, he led by example and his hard work and dedication inspired everyone who had the privilege of working with him. He led one of the first teams into the hardest hit areas of Haiti and traveled to Chili to bring water, medical aid and hope after the Earthquake and Tsunami. He ran a chainsaw clearing debris and helping people get back into their homes during the hottest days after the tornadoes in Alabama... Some people play a hero, Paul was a hero. Paul was an honorable, hardworking, dedicated, respectful man with a humble spirit who shared his blessings with those who needed it most. It was an honor and a privilege to be able to work with, learn and look up to someone who walked the walk." - JD Dorfman, Reach Out Worldwide
Right now, ROWW is still in need of donation and volunteers to expand the help of the organization. For those who are interested to donate and volunteer, you can visit the ROWW website.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports