Paul Walker Died After Raising Money for Haiyan Victims
By Riza Ornos | December 2, 2013 3:55 PM EST
One of the "Fast and the Furious" lead stars Paul Walker was declared dead on Saturday, November 30 when his car crashed north of Los Angeles. This happened during his charity, Reach Out Worldwide, was trying to raise funds for Haiyan victims in the Philippines.
Known for his role as Brian O'Connor in the "Fast and the Furious" series, Paul Walker was with a friend when the fatal accident happened that took both of their lives aboard in a red 2005 Porsche Carrera GT. The car was owned by his friend who was driving the car when it crashed into a tree and burst into flames.
The two passengers were dead at the scene according to the Los Angeles County Fire Department after they extinguished the fiery flame. The news was confirmed on his official Facebook account on Sunday morning, Paul Walker died at the age of 40.
The actor was co-hosting an event for the Haiyan survivors in Santa Clarita, Calififornia through his organization, Reach Out Worldwide, hoping to send volunteers to help out in the Philippine's ground zero.
Reach Out Worldwide
Formed by Paul Walker in 2010, Reach Out Worldwide (ROWW) mission is to give a quick-response to affected areas of calamities by providing qualified team members including doctors, paramedics, EMT's, and search and rescue team members to provide first aid and medical supplies.
ROWW is a mobile first aid organization that plans to help out areas after natural disasters around the globe. Thanks to its skilled volunteers, the non-profit organization has a network of committed professionals with first responder skill-set including project management, heavy equipment operation, firefighting and healthcare.
These volunteers are on the go whenever disaster strikes, and just recently a super typhoon left the islands of the Philippines down to its knees. Now the ROWW team is ready to put their "boots on the ground" in the Philippines and address the needs of the survivors who are still stuck in the typhoon's ground zero.
When the organization was asked about Paul Walker's sudden death, the team posted a tribute in the ROWW official Facebook page.
"Paul wasn't someone who would just write a check and lend his name to an organization; he was the heart and soul of Reach Out WorldWide. Paul was the first one in and the last one out, he led by example and his hard work and dedication inspired everyone who had the privilege of working with him. He led one of the first teams into the hardest hit areas of Haiti and traveled to Chili to bring water, medical aid and hope after the Earthquake and Tsunami. He ran a chainsaw clearing debris and helping people get back into their homes during the hottest days after the tornadoes in Alabama... Some people play a hero, Paul was a hero. Paul was an honorable, hardworking, dedicated, respectful man with a humble spirit who shared his blessings with those who needed it most. It was an honor and a privilege to be able to work with, learn and look up to someone who walked the walk." - JD Dorfman, Reach Out Worldwide
Right now, ROWW is still in need of donation and volunteers to expand the help of the organization. For those who are interested to donate and volunteer, you can visit the ROWW website.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report