Paul Walker: 'Fast and Furious' Star's Last Photo Alive Before His Death [PHOTOS]
By Janice Somosot | December 2, 2013 2:51 PM EST
Paul Walker, one of the stars of the popular film franchise "Fast and Furious" (or 'The Fast and the Furious"), just died on Saturday, Nov. 30, 2013 from a tragic car accident and the last photo seen of him alive before his death has surfaced online. It shows Walker as he was about to ride in his friend Roger Rodas' red 2005 Porsche Carrera GT approximately 30 minutes before he and Rodas died when the car crashed and burned into a tree and a light pole in Santa Clarita, California. Check out his final photo alive (via TMZ) by clicking HERE.
Walker, who was wearing sunglasses as he was about to step into Rodas' vehicle, seemed to be in high spirits, not knowing that he will be facing death in just a few moments after that. He was attending a charity event for Reach Out Worldwide (ROWW), a non-profit organization he created to help in rescue and recovery after major natural disasters around the world by giving fast and mobile first aid to those affected by the natural calamities. He reportedly started ROWW after seeing the need to have skilled resources and personnel in post-disaster situations while he was part of the Haiti earthquake relief team. Haiti suffered from devastating earthquakes on January 12, 2010. Actor/Producer Walker's latest recipient are the survivors of super typhoon Haiyan (Yolanda) in the Philippines.
Another photo of Walker which was taken 2 or 3 hours ago before his car crash can be seen HERE. Walker is posing with his friend Bill Townsend in the picture which was posted on Townsend's Facebook page, along with an emotional message.
Walker and Rodas, who is the owner of Always Evolving, a custom car shop, reportedly died at approximately 3:30 p.m. PST. Eyewitness Jim Torp said that Rodas' eight-year-old son even tried to save his dad.
"I ran over afterwards, I was trying to find Roger's son. I found out his son had jumped the fence and gone over, he was trying to get his dad out. Paul Walker's best friend was trying to get Paul out of the car while it was still on fire ... he was trying to save his friend ... there was nothing he could do... He lived his life and he died fast and furious today. He loved speed, he loved cars, and he had to die this way. He died in a very fast car with his friend," said Torp in a report from Perez Hilton.
A statement was released by Paul Walker's official Facebook fan page, which is run by Team PW, to confirm the sad news of his sudden demise.
"It is with a truly heavy heart that we must confirm that Paul Walker passed away today in a tragic car accident while attending a charity event for his organization Reach Out Worldwide. He was a passenger in a friend's car, in which both lost their lives. We appreciate your patience as we too are stunned and saddened beyond belief by this news. Thank you for keeping his family and friends in your prayers during this very difficult time. We will do our best to keep you apprised on where to send condolences," - #TeamPW posted on Walker's official Facebook fan page.
Aside from Paul Walker's last photo alive before his death from a car crash, a photo of Walker and his costars from "Fast and Furious 7," the latest installment of the famous racing and auto theft movie franchise, was also posted on his official Instagram account, thanking all of them for helping out with Reach Out Worldwide's efforts to help the women, men and children affected by super typhoon Haiyan (Yolanda). Included in the photo with Walker are Vin Diesel, Ludacris, Nathalie Emmanuel, James Wan and Michelle Rodriguez. Click HERE to see the photo.
While mostly known for his work in the "Fast and Furious" film franchise, Walker also worked on other films. His previous works include "Pleasantville," "Varsity Blues," "She's All That," "Timeline," "Into the Blue," and "Eight Below." His latest movie is "Hours," which is about a father and his newborn baby who were affected by Hurricane Katrina in 2005. It will be released posthumously. He was also filming "Fast and Furious 7" before he tragically and unexpectedly died. Walker has a 15-year-old daughter named Meadow from a previous relationship with Rebecca McBrain. Paul Walker's last photo alive before his death could be one of Meadow and McBrain's most treasured photographs of Walker, aside from their old family pictures together.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- Transfer News: Manchester United's Possible Transfer Options For This Season
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- ‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
- Kanye West's 2010 Album 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' is Album of the Decade
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Kaley Cuoco Says ‘Season 8 Here We Come’ In Instagram Video, Sports Pixie Haircut
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- Google Works on Powering Up Chromebook Line to Kill Competitors, Nvidia Joins with Acer for New Killer Laptop