'Stable' Android 4.3 Firmware Released for Galaxy S4 and Galaxy S3 in France, Germany, UK and U.S.
By Ryan Inoyori | December 2, 2013 12:50 PM EST
The official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware rollout forthe Samsung Galaxy S4 and Galaxy S3 finally resumed and this time, it includes stability update expected to fix the issues caused by the earlier Android 4.3 update for both devices.
Galaxy S4 Re-Update
After some delays and issues, the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update for Galaxy S4 and Galaxy S3 has been resumed and it contains the expected stability patch fix of the earlier Android 4.3 upgrade. The build number of the new update is I9505XXUEMKE with November 27th build date for the Galaxy S4 and currently available to several European territories including Germany, France and the United Kingdom.
United States network carrier AT&T also resumed their Android 4.3 update for Galaxy S4 which was pulled back earlier for unknown reason. As usual, Android 4.3 software upgrade includes Galaxy Gear support, Samsung Knox compatibility, improved RAM management, new camera firmware and various enhancements to the entire system.
Samsung Galaxy S3 Android 4.3 Update
Samsung Galaxy S3 owners in Europe are now able to receive their official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean and expected not to have any major bugs which happened to the previous update release on Galaxy S4.
Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update for other Galaxy S3 variants located in other territories will soon become available as firmware upgrades are released depending on local network carriers and usually in gradual period.
How to Update with Latest Firmware
Galaxy S4 and Galaxy S3 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean can be obtained easily by simply performing the Firmware Over-the-Air update on your smartphone.
1. Go to "Settings" from the notifications shade or by pressing 'menu' key.
2. From "Settings" scroll down then select "About phone."
3. Tap the "Software updates" then choose "Check for updates."
4. If there is an update prompt, create a backup of all your personal data stored on the smartphone via Samsung Kies or by manually doing backup files.
5. Once you're done creating a backup, plug-in the smartphone to its AC charger and make sure it is connected to a stable Wi-Fi with Internet access. It is recommended to update your phone with at least 50 per cent of battery level.
6. Follow the downloading instructions and never interrupt the update process to avoid corrupting the new firmware.
To contact the editor, e-mail: