Cyber Monday 2013: Online Sales after Black Friday 2013 Start on Dec. 2, 2013 [WATCH]
By Janice Somosot | November 30, 2013 3:18 PM EST
Here comes Cyber Monday 2013! Watch out for various online sales after Black Friday 2013 which officially start on Monday (hence, the name), Dec. 2, 2013.
Black Friday 2013 has just ushered the 2013 Holiday shopping season and it has reached the weekend up to Cyber Monday 2013 where most people who weren't able to shop during the Black Friday weekend go online to look for sweet deals for the items that they are eyeing.
Shop.org, which is a division of the National Retail Federation, is responsible for coining the term "Cyber Monday" in 2005. They did it because they observed an online shopping trend on the Monday after Thanksgiving Day. While Black Friday kicks off the holiday shopping season, Cyber Monday is often viewed as the shopping event that starts the online holiday shopping season, especially in the U.S.
Millions of online shoppers visit merchants' Web sites like Amazon (click HERE) to take advantage of amazing sales and offers and take part in lots of e-commerce on Cyber Monday.
A lot of these products are gadgets such as tablets and laptops, smartphones like Apple iPhones, Samsung and Google Nexus as well as video game consoles like Xbox 360, Nintendo and Sony PlayStation. Also, television (TV) sets are sold at really low prices online. Some other items that are sold online include toys, books, clothes, shoes, accessories, appliances, jewelry, office supplies, home electronics, kitchen gadgets and a whole lot more!
There is even an official Cyber Monday Web site now (www.cybermonday.com) which highlights the best sales, discounts and deals from over 800 online retailers including Kohls, Staples, OfficeMax, JC Penney, Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdales, Sony, The Body Shop, Tommy Hilfiger and more. CyberMonday.com, which is a division of Shop.org, even offers online shopping deals not just on Cyber Monday, but also all year round.
Below is a partial list of CyberMonday.com's favorite deals:
- Bloomingdales - Big Brown Bag Sale. Save up to 50% on a terrific selection site wide. Plus, take $25 off almost every $200 you spend - up to $3,000.
- KOHL'S - 15% off everything on Kohls.com.
- Neiman Marcus - Take 15% off when you buy one gift, 20% off when you buy two gifts and 25% off when you buy three or more at NeimanMarcus.com.
Cyber Monday 2013 ensures buyers that they will get online sales after Black Friday 2013 from the comfort of their own homes and with just a click of a mouse, a credit card and a few types on the keyboard's computer or taps on a touchscreen tablet or smartphone. Just make sure to only go for legitimate deals and avoid bogus offers. Remember, if it's too good to be true, it usually is. And, please don't buy everything in sight! Stick to your budget to avoid going broke and being in a lot of debt. The Cyber Monday 2013 online sales after Black Friday 2013 will start on Dec. 2, 2013. Don't forget to log on the Internet early to get the best deals.
- READ MORE:
Cyber Monday to Kick Start Biggest Online Christmas Shopping Period Ever (Click HERE)
Nexus 10 2 Release Date to Skip 2013 Black Friday as Likelihood of Cyber Monday Debut via Google Play Store Pops Out? (Click HERE)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff