Cyber Monday 2013: Online Sales after Black Friday 2013 Start on Dec. 2, 2013 [WATCH]
By Janice Somosot | November 30, 2013 3:18 PM EST
Here comes Cyber Monday 2013! Watch out for various online sales after Black Friday 2013 which officially start on Monday (hence, the name), Dec. 2, 2013.
Black Friday 2013 has just ushered the 2013 Holiday shopping season and it has reached the weekend up to Cyber Monday 2013 where most people who weren't able to shop during the Black Friday weekend go online to look for sweet deals for the items that they are eyeing.
Shop.org, which is a division of the National Retail Federation, is responsible for coining the term "Cyber Monday" in 2005. They did it because they observed an online shopping trend on the Monday after Thanksgiving Day. While Black Friday kicks off the holiday shopping season, Cyber Monday is often viewed as the shopping event that starts the online holiday shopping season, especially in the U.S.
Millions of online shoppers visit merchants' Web sites like Amazon (click HERE) to take advantage of amazing sales and offers and take part in lots of e-commerce on Cyber Monday.
A lot of these products are gadgets such as tablets and laptops, smartphones like Apple iPhones, Samsung and Google Nexus as well as video game consoles like Xbox 360, Nintendo and Sony PlayStation. Also, television (TV) sets are sold at really low prices online. Some other items that are sold online include toys, books, clothes, shoes, accessories, appliances, jewelry, office supplies, home electronics, kitchen gadgets and a whole lot more!
There is even an official Cyber Monday Web site now (www.cybermonday.com) which highlights the best sales, discounts and deals from over 800 online retailers including Kohls, Staples, OfficeMax, JC Penney, Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdales, Sony, The Body Shop, Tommy Hilfiger and more. CyberMonday.com, which is a division of Shop.org, even offers online shopping deals not just on Cyber Monday, but also all year round.
Below is a partial list of CyberMonday.com's favorite deals:
- Bloomingdales - Big Brown Bag Sale. Save up to 50% on a terrific selection site wide. Plus, take $25 off almost every $200 you spend - up to $3,000.
- KOHL'S - 15% off everything on Kohls.com.
- Neiman Marcus - Take 15% off when you buy one gift, 20% off when you buy two gifts and 25% off when you buy three or more at NeimanMarcus.com.
Cyber Monday 2013 ensures buyers that they will get online sales after Black Friday 2013 from the comfort of their own homes and with just a click of a mouse, a credit card and a few types on the keyboard's computer or taps on a touchscreen tablet or smartphone. Just make sure to only go for legitimate deals and avoid bogus offers. Remember, if it's too good to be true, it usually is. And, please don't buy everything in sight! Stick to your budget to avoid going broke and being in a lot of debt. The Cyber Monday 2013 online sales after Black Friday 2013 will start on Dec. 2, 2013. Don't forget to log on the Internet early to get the best deals.
- READ MORE:
Cyber Monday to Kick Start Biggest Online Christmas Shopping Period Ever (Click HERE)
Nexus 10 2 Release Date to Skip 2013 Black Friday as Likelihood of Cyber Monday Debut via Google Play Store Pops Out? (Click HERE)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Sydney Software Firm Bigcommerce Teams Up With Alibaba To Beat Amazon
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports