The Denver Broncos visit the Kansas City Chiefs in a Week 13 match-up and the result could very well decide who wins the AFC West, and maybe even the entire conference.
The Broncos and Chiefs both sport a 9-2 record tied for AFC and AFC West best and a game ahead of nearest conference rival New England Patriots (8-2), which faces the lowly Houston Texans (2-9) in their own Week 13 game.
Denver already beat Kansas City in Mile High City and assures the tiebreak advantage with a victory over the Chiefs Sunday night. The Broncos beat the Chiefs, 27-17 in Week 11 behind Peyton Mannings’ 323 yards and a touchdown.
Both are also coming off heart-breaking losses in their previous games. The Broncos lost an OT thriller to the Patriots, 34-to-31 on the road while the Chiefs lost a close one as well against the San Diego Chargers, 41-to-38 at home.
This appears to be a more important game for the Chiefs as they have a tougher final stretch in their schedule. Kansas City wants to avoid a three-game losing skid as well after a perfect 9-0 start this season.
The Chiefs meet the Washington Redskins, Oakland Raiders, Indianapolis Colts and Chargers in their final four games— three teams virtually out of contention plus a match-up with the Colts, who’s most likely to win the AFC South.
The Broncos meanwhile have the Tennessee Titans, Chargers, Houston Texans and Raiders in their final outings—all teams are improbable to make the postseason at this point barring a miracle or two.
Get NFL Game Pass to watch this game live.
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Betting Lines: Denver Broncos (-4.5) vs. Kansas City Chiefs (O/U: 48.5)
Denver Broncos Trends
- Broncos are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games after a loss
- Broncos are 4-0-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. AFC West teams
- Broncos are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games in Week 13
- Broncos are 3-7 ATS in their last 10 games vs. teams with winning records
- Broncos are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games on the road vs. teams with winning hoe records
Kansas City Chiefs Trends
- Chiefs are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games
- Chiefs are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games at home
- Chiefs are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games vs.
- Chiefs are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games vs. AFC West teams
- Chiefs are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games after an ATS loss
To contact the editor, e-mail: