WWE: John Cena vs. Hulk Hogan at WrestleMania XXX Likely To Happen, Negotiation Ongoing
By Lou Ramon Aguila | November 29, 2013 10:15 AM EST
John Cena vs. Hulk Hugan Showdown - Cena, who has just recently defended his World Heavyweight Championship belt in a rematch against Alberto Del Rio at Survivor Series, could be facing an icon in the main event of 2014's WWE WrestleMania XXX.
Arguably the biggest name in sports entertainment in this era, Cena is looking forward to wrestle with Hulk Hogan in the biggest stage of them all at Wrestlemania 30.
'Hulkamania' could be back in the WWE for one special night to celebrate the 30th year of the greatest show in wrestling history: Wrestlemania.
In March 1985, then WWF Champion Hogan teamed up with his friend Mr. T to take on another Hall of Fame tandem of Roddy Piper and Paul Orndorff in a star-studded tag team match that featured Pat Patterson ad boxing legend Muhammad Ali as the special referees.
Since then, Wrestlemania has been one of the biggest sporting spectacles every year, becoming more than just an event, but a part of America's pop culture.
Booking the Big Match
According to SB Nation, the showdown between Cena and Hogan could really happen as negotiations between the WWE front office and Hogan's representatives are reportedly ongoing.
Hogan, who has already ended his contract with TNA Wrestling, is reportedly looking to land another gig before he finally closes the curtain of his legendary wrestling career.
Growing up as a huge Hulkamania fan, Cena expressed his excitement about the chance to go toe-to-toe with his childhood icon at Wrestlemania 30. However, he's also concerned if the 60-year old Hogan can really perform without compromising his health.
"I grew up in the 80s as a fan of the old WWF. (Wrestling Hulk Hogan) would be a dream come true. But I certainly don't want to put him in a situation he's not physically capable of. We operate at a high level of speed in the WWE nowadays," Cena said in an interview with TMZ.
Still, Cena really believed WrestleMania 30 won't be fulfilling without the presence of the Hulkster.
"I think you can't have a WrestleMania 30 without Hulk Hogan. I really, truly hope he's there in my heart of hearts because as WrestleMania turns 30 I think we need 'The Hulkster'. But we'll see if we can get him there to do whatever he can do. I'm speaking to you as a Hulkamaniac. To me, he's always welcome," Cena added.
For more John Cena vs. Hulk Hogan WrestleMania news, read more at IBT Sports
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rugby Sevens Semis & Finals Live Stream, Schedule & Results – Commonwealth Games 2014
- A Beautiful Distraction: 5 Things You Need to Know About Sabina Altynbekova
- Boxing News 2014: 50 Cent Hits Mayweather Over Money Deal, Mocks Boxer in Instagram for Losing GF to Nelly
- Maria Sharapova Overtaken by Eugenie Bouchard in Poll of Sexiest Women in Tennis
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Athletics Schedule & Results
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]
- Sony Xperia Z3 Specs Leaked with More Killer Features Ahead of Samsung Galaxy Note 4, iPhone 6