WWE: John Cena vs. Hulk Hogan at WrestleMania XXX Likely To Happen, Negotiation Ongoing
By Lou Ramon Aguila | November 29, 2013 10:15 AM EST
John Cena vs. Hulk Hugan Showdown - Cena, who has just recently defended his World Heavyweight Championship belt in a rematch against Alberto Del Rio at Survivor Series, could be facing an icon in the main event of 2014's WWE WrestleMania XXX.
Arguably the biggest name in sports entertainment in this era, Cena is looking forward to wrestle with Hulk Hogan in the biggest stage of them all at Wrestlemania 30.
'Hulkamania' could be back in the WWE for one special night to celebrate the 30th year of the greatest show in wrestling history: Wrestlemania.
In March 1985, then WWF Champion Hogan teamed up with his friend Mr. T to take on another Hall of Fame tandem of Roddy Piper and Paul Orndorff in a star-studded tag team match that featured Pat Patterson ad boxing legend Muhammad Ali as the special referees.
Since then, Wrestlemania has been one of the biggest sporting spectacles every year, becoming more than just an event, but a part of America's pop culture.
Booking the Big Match
According to SB Nation, the showdown between Cena and Hogan could really happen as negotiations between the WWE front office and Hogan's representatives are reportedly ongoing.
Hogan, who has already ended his contract with TNA Wrestling, is reportedly looking to land another gig before he finally closes the curtain of his legendary wrestling career.
Growing up as a huge Hulkamania fan, Cena expressed his excitement about the chance to go toe-to-toe with his childhood icon at Wrestlemania 30. However, he's also concerned if the 60-year old Hogan can really perform without compromising his health.
"I grew up in the 80s as a fan of the old WWF. (Wrestling Hulk Hogan) would be a dream come true. But I certainly don't want to put him in a situation he's not physically capable of. We operate at a high level of speed in the WWE nowadays," Cena said in an interview with TMZ.
Still, Cena really believed WrestleMania 30 won't be fulfilling without the presence of the Hulkster.
"I think you can't have a WrestleMania 30 without Hulk Hogan. I really, truly hope he's there in my heart of hearts because as WrestleMania turns 30 I think we need 'The Hulkster'. But we'll see if we can get him there to do whatever he can do. I'm speaking to you as a Hulkamaniac. To me, he's always welcome," Cena added.
For more John Cena vs. Hulk Hogan WrestleMania news, read more at IBT Sports
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia