‘Sherlock’ Season 3: #SherlockLives on Twitter; a Bitter Reunion; Premiere Date Annoucement Speculation
By Anshu Shrivastava | November 28, 2013 5:51 PM EST
BBC's hugely popular series "Sherlock" is based on Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's "Sherlock Holmes" short stories. However, BBC's Sherlock lives in the 21st century and as a result modern day technologies are an integral part of his setting. Sir Doyle's Sherlock Holmes did not live in the age of Internet or cell phones, and thus Twitter would have been an alien concept for him. Probably, at the time, electronic telegraph would have been used to send to a newspaper the news of Sherlock 'not dead' status.
In today's time, telegraph has become a dinosaur. The latest teaser of "Sherlock" 3 shows a girl saying "Oh My God" after reading about Sherlock being alive on her cell-phone, which follows with the explosion of Twitter hashtags such as #SherlockIsAlive!, #SherlockIsNotDead and #SherlockLives.
It is Twitter time and "Sherlock" set in the modern time could not have used another medium to announce to the world about #SherlockIsNotDead. The popular social media bird has made information instant, and when Sherlock returns, the fans can expect to get all the details in 140 characters on Twitter.
In the opening scene of "Sherlock" Season 2 Episode 3, "The Reichenbach Fall," Watson says: "... my best friend Sherlock Holmes is dead." When that best friend returns to announce that he was in hiding and never died, it is likely to take a while for Watson to be the same self again with Sherlock.
Watson and Sherlock reunion may not display the joy of friends meeting after a couple of years. Watson will be a bitter man. He is likely to be angry at Sherlock that he did not tell him about his secret.
"Well, there's a reunion that doesn't necessarily go to plan," Benedict Cumberbatch had said to The Guardian. "And there's a bonding experience that throws Sherlock and Watson back together in a very firm way."
There are speculations that the premiere episode of "Sherlock" Season 3, "The Empty Hearse," will air on January 01, 2014. According to Radio Times, "The Empty Hearse" is likely to air sometime between December 21, 2013 and January 3, 2014.
The buzz on twitter is that the premiere date of "Sherlock" Season 3 is expected to be announced on December 04, 2013.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around