‘Sherlock’ Season 3: #SherlockLives on Twitter; a Bitter Reunion; Premiere Date Annoucement Speculation
By Anshu Shrivastava | November 28, 2013 5:51 PM EST
BBC's hugely popular series "Sherlock" is based on Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's "Sherlock Holmes" short stories. However, BBC's Sherlock lives in the 21st century and as a result modern day technologies are an integral part of his setting. Sir Doyle's Sherlock Holmes did not live in the age of Internet or cell phones, and thus Twitter would have been an alien concept for him. Probably, at the time, electronic telegraph would have been used to send to a newspaper the news of Sherlock 'not dead' status.
In today's time, telegraph has become a dinosaur. The latest teaser of "Sherlock" 3 shows a girl saying "Oh My God" after reading about Sherlock being alive on her cell-phone, which follows with the explosion of Twitter hashtags such as #SherlockIsAlive!, #SherlockIsNotDead and #SherlockLives.
It is Twitter time and "Sherlock" set in the modern time could not have used another medium to announce to the world about #SherlockIsNotDead. The popular social media bird has made information instant, and when Sherlock returns, the fans can expect to get all the details in 140 characters on Twitter.
In the opening scene of "Sherlock" Season 2 Episode 3, "The Reichenbach Fall," Watson says: "... my best friend Sherlock Holmes is dead." When that best friend returns to announce that he was in hiding and never died, it is likely to take a while for Watson to be the same self again with Sherlock.
Watson and Sherlock reunion may not display the joy of friends meeting after a couple of years. Watson will be a bitter man. He is likely to be angry at Sherlock that he did not tell him about his secret.
"Well, there's a reunion that doesn't necessarily go to plan," Benedict Cumberbatch had said to The Guardian. "And there's a bonding experience that throws Sherlock and Watson back together in a very firm way."
There are speculations that the premiere episode of "Sherlock" Season 3, "The Empty Hearse," will air on January 01, 2014. According to Radio Times, "The Empty Hearse" is likely to air sometime between December 21, 2013 and January 3, 2014.
The buzz on twitter is that the premiere date of "Sherlock" Season 3 is expected to be announced on December 04, 2013.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Young and the Restless July 28- August 1 Spoilers, Cast News: Updates on Devon, Hilary, Chelsea, Billy, Jack, Phyllis Plus Criminal Minds Actor Returns
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]