‘Sherlock’ Season 3: #SherlockLives on Twitter; a Bitter Reunion; Premiere Date Annoucement Speculation
By Anshu Shrivastava | November 28, 2013 5:51 PM EST
BBC's hugely popular series "Sherlock" is based on Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's "Sherlock Holmes" short stories. However, BBC's Sherlock lives in the 21st century and as a result modern day technologies are an integral part of his setting. Sir Doyle's Sherlock Holmes did not live in the age of Internet or cell phones, and thus Twitter would have been an alien concept for him. Probably, at the time, electronic telegraph would have been used to send to a newspaper the news of Sherlock 'not dead' status.
In today's time, telegraph has become a dinosaur. The latest teaser of "Sherlock" 3 shows a girl saying "Oh My God" after reading about Sherlock being alive on her cell-phone, which follows with the explosion of Twitter hashtags such as #SherlockIsAlive!, #SherlockIsNotDead and #SherlockLives.
It is Twitter time and "Sherlock" set in the modern time could not have used another medium to announce to the world about #SherlockIsNotDead. The popular social media bird has made information instant, and when Sherlock returns, the fans can expect to get all the details in 140 characters on Twitter.
In the opening scene of "Sherlock" Season 2 Episode 3, "The Reichenbach Fall," Watson says: "... my best friend Sherlock Holmes is dead." When that best friend returns to announce that he was in hiding and never died, it is likely to take a while for Watson to be the same self again with Sherlock.
Watson and Sherlock reunion may not display the joy of friends meeting after a couple of years. Watson will be a bitter man. He is likely to be angry at Sherlock that he did not tell him about his secret.
"Well, there's a reunion that doesn't necessarily go to plan," Benedict Cumberbatch had said to The Guardian. "And there's a bonding experience that throws Sherlock and Watson back together in a very firm way."
There are speculations that the premiere episode of "Sherlock" Season 3, "The Empty Hearse," will air on January 01, 2014. According to Radio Times, "The Empty Hearse" is likely to air sometime between December 21, 2013 and January 3, 2014.
The buzz on twitter is that the premiere date of "Sherlock" Season 3 is expected to be announced on December 04, 2013.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Finale Spoiler: Blake Proposes To Top Favourite Of Season 2
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Human Flesh Burgers Unveiled To Celebrate TWD’s New Season
- George Clooney Divorced Talia Balsam Years Before Getting Married to Amal Alamuddin: Know About Clooney's Ex Wife
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money