‘Sherlock’ Season 3: #SherlockLives on Twitter; a Bitter Reunion; Premiere Date Annoucement Speculation
By Anshu Shrivastava | November 28, 2013 5:51 PM EST
BBC's hugely popular series "Sherlock" is based on Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's "Sherlock Holmes" short stories. However, BBC's Sherlock lives in the 21st century and as a result modern day technologies are an integral part of his setting. Sir Doyle's Sherlock Holmes did not live in the age of Internet or cell phones, and thus Twitter would have been an alien concept for him. Probably, at the time, electronic telegraph would have been used to send to a newspaper the news of Sherlock 'not dead' status.
In today's time, telegraph has become a dinosaur. The latest teaser of "Sherlock" 3 shows a girl saying "Oh My God" after reading about Sherlock being alive on her cell-phone, which follows with the explosion of Twitter hashtags such as #SherlockIsAlive!, #SherlockIsNotDead and #SherlockLives.
It is Twitter time and "Sherlock" set in the modern time could not have used another medium to announce to the world about #SherlockIsNotDead. The popular social media bird has made information instant, and when Sherlock returns, the fans can expect to get all the details in 140 characters on Twitter.
In the opening scene of "Sherlock" Season 2 Episode 3, "The Reichenbach Fall," Watson says: "... my best friend Sherlock Holmes is dead." When that best friend returns to announce that he was in hiding and never died, it is likely to take a while for Watson to be the same self again with Sherlock.
Watson and Sherlock reunion may not display the joy of friends meeting after a couple of years. Watson will be a bitter man. He is likely to be angry at Sherlock that he did not tell him about his secret.
"Well, there's a reunion that doesn't necessarily go to plan," Benedict Cumberbatch had said to The Guardian. "And there's a bonding experience that throws Sherlock and Watson back together in a very firm way."
There are speculations that the premiere episode of "Sherlock" Season 3, "The Empty Hearse," will air on January 01, 2014. According to Radio Times, "The Empty Hearse" is likely to air sometime between December 21, 2013 and January 3, 2014.
The buzz on twitter is that the premiere date of "Sherlock" Season 3 is expected to be announced on December 04, 2013.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best