‘Sherlock’ Season 3: #SherlockLives on Twitter; a Bitter Reunion; Premiere Date Annoucement Speculation
By Anshu Shrivastava | November 28, 2013 5:51 PM EST
BBC's hugely popular series "Sherlock" is based on Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's "Sherlock Holmes" short stories. However, BBC's Sherlock lives in the 21st century and as a result modern day technologies are an integral part of his setting. Sir Doyle's Sherlock Holmes did not live in the age of Internet or cell phones, and thus Twitter would have been an alien concept for him. Probably, at the time, electronic telegraph would have been used to send to a newspaper the news of Sherlock 'not dead' status.
In today's time, telegraph has become a dinosaur. The latest teaser of "Sherlock" 3 shows a girl saying "Oh My God" after reading about Sherlock being alive on her cell-phone, which follows with the explosion of Twitter hashtags such as #SherlockIsAlive!, #SherlockIsNotDead and #SherlockLives.
It is Twitter time and "Sherlock" set in the modern time could not have used another medium to announce to the world about #SherlockIsNotDead. The popular social media bird has made information instant, and when Sherlock returns, the fans can expect to get all the details in 140 characters on Twitter.
In the opening scene of "Sherlock" Season 2 Episode 3, "The Reichenbach Fall," Watson says: "... my best friend Sherlock Holmes is dead." When that best friend returns to announce that he was in hiding and never died, it is likely to take a while for Watson to be the same self again with Sherlock.
Watson and Sherlock reunion may not display the joy of friends meeting after a couple of years. Watson will be a bitter man. He is likely to be angry at Sherlock that he did not tell him about his secret.
"Well, there's a reunion that doesn't necessarily go to plan," Benedict Cumberbatch had said to The Guardian. "And there's a bonding experience that throws Sherlock and Watson back together in a very firm way."
There are speculations that the premiere episode of "Sherlock" Season 3, "The Empty Hearse," will air on January 01, 2014. According to Radio Times, "The Empty Hearse" is likely to air sometime between December 21, 2013 and January 3, 2014.
The buzz on twitter is that the premiere date of "Sherlock" Season 3 is expected to be announced on December 04, 2013.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales