Nexus 10 2 Release Date to Skip 2013 Black Friday as Likelihood of Cyber Monday Debut via Google Play Store Pops Out?
By Erik Pineda | November 28, 2013 4:29 PM EST
No solid clues until now that the Nexus 10 2 will be for the taking of 2013 Black Friday shoppers, leading to the possibility that the full-sized vanilla Android tab is coming out on Cyber Monday instead.
With Google keeping its silence one day before the Black Friday mania, Android watchers are starting to consider the other possibilities. It could be that the touted iPad Air rival will not join in with the rush, opting instead for a silent launch via the Google Play Store.
Going LIVE on its online store and doing it on Cyber Monday provide many advantages for Google's second Nexus 10 thrust.
For one, if supply is a problem then the soft launch is just the right fit. At least, consumers will get the idea that the new Nexus 10 is already available but they will have to bear the waiting time before actually unwrapping the device.
Note that delivery period could be as quick as 24 hours or 3 days or even a week. In Nexus 10's case, it could be a little stretched - as long as 2 to 3 weeks should the inventory will only reach normal levels by mid-December.
Nothing new here. This has been the case last year for Nexus devices across the board and as indicated on Google Play Store, the same now plagues the Nexus 5 distribution. Google has its reasons for not stock piling enough or making the devices a bit earlier but it has elected to be mum about it.
Or the tech giant is gunning to simplify everything and just take advantage of Cyber Monday, which despite being confined to online transactions still enjoys wide reach. Online sellers from all major markets around the world observe this promotional campaign.
Should Google picks 2013 Cyber Monday as the Nexus 10 2 release date, the company is assured that its new 10-inch slate will enjoy coverage on the following markets: U.S., Canada, select markets in Europe and Asia plus Japan.
So in effect, by missing Black Friday, the new Nexus 10 will be in more regions and luring more buyers minus the pressure of having the unit on-hand. That would thanks in great deal to Cyber Monday.
Equally, consumers have compelling reasons to wait out a few more days to pre-order the tablet and then a few more weeks before getting hand on it. Per numerous (and rumours), the Nexus 10 has been slimmed down (like the iPad Air) but shedding some weight doesn't mean it is less of a phenomenal device.
It should be a certified powerhouse with the mix of a quad-core Snapdragon 800 chip, 2GB of RAM and Adreno 330 graphic engine firing up its overall operations, which with its massive battery rating should extend up to 18 hours.
On release date, the Nexus 10 2 stands on Android 4.4 of KitKat, its beautiful interface to be rendered in a TFT LCD panel with a resolution of 2560 x 1600, easily besting the iPad Air's Retina-laced screen.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: Parents of Australian Passenger Want ‘Space Scientists’ to Investigate Crash; Believe in ‘Possibility’ of Survival -- Report
- Childhood Obesity is Strongly Linked With Early Puberty: Study Reveals
- Why Internet of Things is the Next Big Thing for Tech Giants like Samsung, Google and Apple
- Instagram's Newest App Bolt Now Available Exclusively in New Zealand, Singapore and South Africa
- Megan Fox's Weight Loss Aided by Low Carb Paleo Diet: Benefits of the Diet