Juilanne Moore Opens Up About Horror Flick 'Carrie' - Must Watch For Thanksgiving Weekend [Trailer]
By nidhi tewari | November 28, 2013 3:12 PM EST
The Juilanne Moore starrer "Carrie" is the remake of the 1976 Hollywood film by the same name. Thirty seven years down the line, "Carrie" still manages to send shivers down your spine with the story of a shy outcast school girl, who is subjected to bullying and takes revenge by her telekinetic powers. Only difference now is that the schoolgirls have iPhones and use YouTube as tools of bullying.
Moore plays the role of the deeply religious mother who doesn't let her girl enjoy life and always asks her to pray. So how did the gorgeous actress (Moore), who has modelled for Bulgari and L'oreal, prepare herself to look downcast and grumpy as her character Margret White in the movie?
"It was super, super quick. We clipped in the grey hair. My hair didn't really have to look like anything, which is always a relief. It was a very quick, 'How blotchy can I make you look today?' And some days it wasn't very hard to do that," Moore tells theaustralian.com
Did it bother Moore to look old and grumpy to her fans, who are used to seeing the glamorous side of her?
"I knew what I looked like. It didn't bother me," the 52-year-old said. The movie revolves around the story of Carrie White, who is on the verge of getting killed by her mother at the time of her birth because she thinks of her as a cancerous growth in her body. The girl Carrie White grows up as a weird teenager, who is called "crazy Carrie" by her neighbours and peers.
Carrie is bullied in school and made fun of by one of the girls named Chris. The movie comes to a conclusion with the famous blood scene climax where Carrie gets furious and burns her school. Directed by Kimberly Peirce, the movie's protagonist is Chloë Grace Moretz who does justice to her role of high-school girl suffering from humiliation and bullying.
Based on the best-selling novel by Stephen King, "Carrie" has its screenplay written by Lawrence D. Cohen and Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa. Go watch "Carrie" this weekend.
Carrie (2013) - Trailer #1 : Chloe Moretz and Julianne Moore
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]