NBA Betting Odds and Trends: Wednesday Picks Featuring a Minnesota Massacre, Oklahoma Easy Win and a Phoenix Surprise
By James Patrick Quizon | November 28, 2013 12:22 PM EST
We went a so-so 3-2 for Tuesday’s NBA Picks but with a full slate of games in the league on Wednesday—13 games total, it’s time to bump that record to a more respectable level as we continue to try to beat the spread and bookies!
Betting Lines: Denver Nuggets (+6) vs. Minnesota Timberwolves (O/U 213.5)
Game time: 11 am AEDT
Picks: Minnesota ATS, Over 213.5
Prediction: Timberwolves 120, Nuggets 105
Time for the Wolves to recapture their early season magic; Minnesota started the season at 7-4 but has lost four of their last games. No worries as Kevin Love continues to play at home or on the road but he needs help from point guard Ricky Rubio, who needs to consistently help in the scoring department, plus the usual suspects in Kevin Martin and Nikola Pekovic.
Denver has won their first meeting this season to the tune of 117-113 via a total team effort. Seven players scored at least 10 points for the Nuggets, led by Wilson Chandler's 19 points. Kenneth Faried added 16 points and 10 rebounds and Ty Lawson had 14 points and 10 assists. Denver has won three in a row and went 2-1 ATS … Perfect spot for a letdown game.
Denver Nuggets Trend
- Nuggets are 8-2-1 ATS in their last 11 games vs. Southwest division teams
- Nuggets are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games
- Nuggets 5-2 in their last 7 games vs. West teams
Minnesota Timberwolves Trends
- Timberwolves are 8-2-1 ATS in their last 11 games vs. Northwest division teams
- Timberwolves are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games
- Timberwolves are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games vs. West teams
Betting Lines: San Antonio Spurs (+2.5) vs. Oklahoma City Thunder (202.5)
Game time: 11:00 am AEDT
Picks: Oklahoma City ATS, Under 202.5
Prediction: Thunder 105, Spurs 89
The Thunder have prepared extra for this West powerhouse match-up. They rested star PG Russell Westbrook in their last game and assured the other starters of being fresh for this one by giving them limited minutes. Expect Westbrook to outplay Spurs PG Tony Parker. Expect Kevin Durant to explode.
Sure, the Spurs are on an 11-game winning streak—currently the best run in the NBA this season, but that’s to end tonight against the Thunder, which are on a little streak of their own winning four consecutive games (4-0 ATS).
San Antonio Spurs Trends
- Spurs are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games
- Spurs 1-8 ATS in their last 9 games vs. Northwest division teams
- Spurs are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games after a win
Oklahoma City Thunder Trends
- Thunder are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games vs. Spurs in OKC
- Thunder are 4-10 ATS in their last 14 games vs. West teams
- Thunder are 4-11 ATS in their last 15 games at home
Betting Lines: Portland Trail Blazers (-4) vs. Phoenix Suns (O/U: 199.0)
Game time: 12:00 noon AEDT
Picks: Phoenix ATS
Prediction: Blazers 99, Suns 96
Weird line… The Blazers are one of the best teams in the league and they are just four-point road favorites? Something’s up here and predicting the Suns to cover.
W-L Record Year-to-Date: 3-2
To contact the editor, e-mail: