NBA Betting Odds and Trends: Wednesday Picks Featuring a Minnesota Massacre, Oklahoma Easy Win and a Phoenix Surprise
By James Patrick Quizon | November 28, 2013 12:22 PM EST
We went a so-so 3-2 for Tuesday’s NBA Picks but with a full slate of games in the league on Wednesday—13 games total, it’s time to bump that record to a more respectable level as we continue to try to beat the spread and bookies!
Betting Lines: Denver Nuggets (+6) vs. Minnesota Timberwolves (O/U 213.5)
Game time: 11 am AEDT
Picks: Minnesota ATS, Over 213.5
Prediction: Timberwolves 120, Nuggets 105
Time for the Wolves to recapture their early season magic; Minnesota started the season at 7-4 but has lost four of their last games. No worries as Kevin Love continues to play at home or on the road but he needs help from point guard Ricky Rubio, who needs to consistently help in the scoring department, plus the usual suspects in Kevin Martin and Nikola Pekovic.
Denver has won their first meeting this season to the tune of 117-113 via a total team effort. Seven players scored at least 10 points for the Nuggets, led by Wilson Chandler's 19 points. Kenneth Faried added 16 points and 10 rebounds and Ty Lawson had 14 points and 10 assists. Denver has won three in a row and went 2-1 ATS … Perfect spot for a letdown game.
Denver Nuggets Trend
- Nuggets are 8-2-1 ATS in their last 11 games vs. Southwest division teams
- Nuggets are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games
- Nuggets 5-2 in their last 7 games vs. West teams
Minnesota Timberwolves Trends
- Timberwolves are 8-2-1 ATS in their last 11 games vs. Northwest division teams
- Timberwolves are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games
- Timberwolves are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games vs. West teams
Betting Lines: San Antonio Spurs (+2.5) vs. Oklahoma City Thunder (202.5)
Game time: 11:00 am AEDT
Picks: Oklahoma City ATS, Under 202.5
Prediction: Thunder 105, Spurs 89
The Thunder have prepared extra for this West powerhouse match-up. They rested star PG Russell Westbrook in their last game and assured the other starters of being fresh for this one by giving them limited minutes. Expect Westbrook to outplay Spurs PG Tony Parker. Expect Kevin Durant to explode.
Sure, the Spurs are on an 11-game winning streak—currently the best run in the NBA this season, but that’s to end tonight against the Thunder, which are on a little streak of their own winning four consecutive games (4-0 ATS).
San Antonio Spurs Trends
- Spurs are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games
- Spurs 1-8 ATS in their last 9 games vs. Northwest division teams
- Spurs are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games after a win
Oklahoma City Thunder Trends
- Thunder are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games vs. Spurs in OKC
- Thunder are 4-10 ATS in their last 14 games vs. West teams
- Thunder are 4-11 ATS in their last 15 games at home
Betting Lines: Portland Trail Blazers (-4) vs. Phoenix Suns (O/U: 199.0)
Game time: 12:00 noon AEDT
Picks: Phoenix ATS
Prediction: Blazers 99, Suns 96
Weird line… The Blazers are one of the best teams in the league and they are just four-point road favorites? Something’s up here and predicting the Suns to cover.
W-L Record Year-to-Date: 3-2
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- Boxing News 2014: Nevada Commission Summons Mayweather Over Reports Of Marijuana Use In Mansion & No Rest Breaks In Gym
- WWE Night of Champions Live Streaming Info, Preview and Predictions
- NFL Week 3: Washington Redskins Vs. Philadelphia Eagles Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Manchester United Transfer News: Van Gaal Hits Back At Guardiola Claiming Every Player He Spoke To Wants Old Trafford Move
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border
- iPhone 6 Survives Drop, Both Accidental & Intentional
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?