UFO Sightings: Strange Objects Spotted Across North Devon; Drones Misleading Public? [VIDEO]
By Raymond Ronamai | November 28, 2013 1:07 AM EST
Unidentified Flying Object (UFO) sightings have been reported across North Devon, England, with several people claiming to have seen strange objects in the sky over the last week, according to a report by North Devon Journal.
"Driving to Torrington on Thursday night I saw strange bright lights in the sky and the car had flashes of blue in it. Very creepy!" Matt Naughton told the Journal.
Erica Whiteley also contacted the Journal to say that her husband had spotted something above Fullabrook: "Looking from Swimbridge across to Barnstaple in the direction of the wind turbines. He said it was unusually bright and of similar shape to that in your picture and he was joking around saying he had seen a UFO. When I saw your photo, I couldn't believe it, I thought he was just over exaggerating."
However, sources at Chivenor's 22 Squadron search and rescue crew told the journal that they were on a training exercise in the morning (Saturday), hinting that it may have been them.
Meanwhile, a report by Huffington Post said that drones are "the newest addition to the growing list of misidentified things in the sky that many people claim are ships from another part of our galaxy."
The report also said that people will mistake drones for UFOs, as lot of them have been created to look like one, citing the case of a drone created by a Canadian science center fooling people during a baseball game at the Nat Bailey Stadium on 3 September.
The H R MacMillan Space Centre had later clarified that the mysterious object was, in fact, a teaser campaign.
"Recent close encounters reported by local UFO bloggers are actually the result of an elaborate hoax masterminded by the H.R. MacMillan Space Centre," they said in a press release. "The goal of the faux UFO was to create a buzz about the new planetarium viewer experience at Vanier Park. The Planetarium Theatre at the Space Centre underwent a half million dollar upgrade this summer."
"Here's the big problem with all of this: Not only do these unmanned objects look like UFOs or flying saucers, a lot of them are deliberately and inexpensively created to look like UFOs or flying saucers," reported Huffington Post.
Video: U.F.O over Dulverton, Somerset??
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- HIV Cure: First Effective Cure to Have Long-Term Remission; 3 Factors to Check on Inactive Virus
- Coming Soon: AntiViral Gel in Condoms to Kill HIV Virus
- Melbourne Man Gives Up Sex For a Year; Donates £50,000 in Charity
- FDA Prioritises Review of ‘Abuse-Deterrent’ Painkiller
- Tree of 40 Fruit: A Tree That Produces 40 Fruits in New York
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More