NBA Betting Odds and Picks: Easy Win for Wizards over Lakers, Hawks over Magic
By James Patrick Quizon | November 27, 2013 11:28 AM EST
Four games on tap in the NBA on Tuesday night. Will the Brooklyn Nets continue to struggle when they face the Raptors in Toronto? Can the Warriors snap out of a recent funk versus the New Orleans Pelicans, which recently got embarrassed in San Antonio?
We’re here to help you make your picks against the spread, totals and straight-up wins! If you’re betting on the NBA on Tuesday make sure you know the recent trends, stats and latest news about the teams you are backing!
NBA Picks (Nov 27, 2013):
Betting Line: Washington Wizards (-5.5) vs. Los Angeles Lakers (O/U: 199.0)
Start time: 7:00 pm US ET | 11:00 am AEDT
Picks: Washington ATS and Over 199.0
Prediction: Wizards 107, Lakers 99
The Lakers, at 7-7, have actually the better record than the Wizards with just five wins in 13 games, although both teams have been playing well of late; Lakers are riding a three-game winning streak, while the Wizards have won three of their last four outings.
However, all of L.A.'s wins have come from the Staples Center and they are just 1-4 away from home this season. The Wizards have appeared to turn the corner in 2013 after starting the year at 2-7. Washington point guard Wall was named the Eastern Conference Player of the Week recently and will continue his hot streak against Los Angeles. Who’s stopping him? Steve freaking Blake?
The Wizards are 11-4 ATS in their last 15 games at home 4-1-1 ATS in their last 6 games against the Lakers, which are 3-8-1 ATS in their last 12 games versus Southwest division teams.
Betting Line: Orlando Magic (+8) vs. Atlanta Hawks (O/U: 199.5)
Start time: 7:30 pm US ET | 11:30 am AEDT
Picks: Atlanta ATS and Over 199.5
Prediction: Hawks 113, Magic 100
The Magic have lost against the spread in seven of their last outings while the Hawks are 8-3 ATS in their last 11. Atlanta is still smarting from a 94-87 home loss to the lowly Boston Celtics too so the Hawks will want to bounce back in style in this game.
Betting Line: Golden State Warriors (-3) vs. New Orleans Pelicans (O/U: 204.0)
Start time: 8:00 pm US ET | 12:00 noon AEDT
Picks: New Orleans ATS
Prediction Pelicans 101, Warriors 95
The Pellies got demolished, 112-93, by the Spurs at San Antonio on Monday night. They were probably looking forward already to this game against the Warriors, which has lost three straight games. Defensive center Andrew Bogut (suspension) and all-around forwardAndre Iguodala (injury-hamstring) will miss the game against New Orleans.
Prediction Win-Loss Record (Year-to-Date): 0-0
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: Spain vs. Iran Preview, Starting Lineups
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Finland Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger's Take on Falcao and Rabiot
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Google Can Kill Samsung with Android KitKat and Android One: Here's How