NBA Betting Odds and Picks: Easy Win for Wizards over Lakers, Hawks over Magic
By James Patrick Quizon | November 27, 2013 11:28 AM EST
Four games on tap in the NBA on Tuesday night. Will the Brooklyn Nets continue to struggle when they face the Raptors in Toronto? Can the Warriors snap out of a recent funk versus the New Orleans Pelicans, which recently got embarrassed in San Antonio?
We’re here to help you make your picks against the spread, totals and straight-up wins! If you’re betting on the NBA on Tuesday make sure you know the recent trends, stats and latest news about the teams you are backing!
NBA Picks (Nov 27, 2013):
Betting Line: Washington Wizards (-5.5) vs. Los Angeles Lakers (O/U: 199.0)
Start time: 7:00 pm US ET | 11:00 am AEDT
Picks: Washington ATS and Over 199.0
Prediction: Wizards 107, Lakers 99
The Lakers, at 7-7, have actually the better record than the Wizards with just five wins in 13 games, although both teams have been playing well of late; Lakers are riding a three-game winning streak, while the Wizards have won three of their last four outings.
However, all of L.A.'s wins have come from the Staples Center and they are just 1-4 away from home this season. The Wizards have appeared to turn the corner in 2013 after starting the year at 2-7. Washington point guard Wall was named the Eastern Conference Player of the Week recently and will continue his hot streak against Los Angeles. Who’s stopping him? Steve freaking Blake?
The Wizards are 11-4 ATS in their last 15 games at home 4-1-1 ATS in their last 6 games against the Lakers, which are 3-8-1 ATS in their last 12 games versus Southwest division teams.
Betting Line: Orlando Magic (+8) vs. Atlanta Hawks (O/U: 199.5)
Start time: 7:30 pm US ET | 11:30 am AEDT
Picks: Atlanta ATS and Over 199.5
Prediction: Hawks 113, Magic 100
The Magic have lost against the spread in seven of their last outings while the Hawks are 8-3 ATS in their last 11. Atlanta is still smarting from a 94-87 home loss to the lowly Boston Celtics too so the Hawks will want to bounce back in style in this game.
Betting Line: Golden State Warriors (-3) vs. New Orleans Pelicans (O/U: 204.0)
Start time: 8:00 pm US ET | 12:00 noon AEDT
Picks: New Orleans ATS
Prediction Pelicans 101, Warriors 95
The Pellies got demolished, 112-93, by the Spurs at San Antonio on Monday night. They were probably looking forward already to this game against the Warriors, which has lost three straight games. Defensive center Andrew Bogut (suspension) and all-around forwardAndre Iguodala (injury-hamstring) will miss the game against New Orleans.
Prediction Win-Loss Record (Year-to-Date): 0-0
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Grigor Dimitrov Turns To Novak Djokovic For Love Advice; Dimitrov and Sharapova At The 2014 China Open
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate