NBA Betting Odds and Picks: Easy Win for Wizards over Lakers, Hawks over Magic
By James Patrick Quizon | November 27, 2013 11:28 AM EST
Four games on tap in the NBA on Tuesday night. Will the Brooklyn Nets continue to struggle when they face the Raptors in Toronto? Can the Warriors snap out of a recent funk versus the New Orleans Pelicans, which recently got embarrassed in San Antonio?
We’re here to help you make your picks against the spread, totals and straight-up wins! If you’re betting on the NBA on Tuesday make sure you know the recent trends, stats and latest news about the teams you are backing!
NBA Picks (Nov 27, 2013):
Betting Line: Washington Wizards (-5.5) vs. Los Angeles Lakers (O/U: 199.0)
Start time: 7:00 pm US ET | 11:00 am AEDT
Picks: Washington ATS and Over 199.0
Prediction: Wizards 107, Lakers 99
The Lakers, at 7-7, have actually the better record than the Wizards with just five wins in 13 games, although both teams have been playing well of late; Lakers are riding a three-game winning streak, while the Wizards have won three of their last four outings.
However, all of L.A.'s wins have come from the Staples Center and they are just 1-4 away from home this season. The Wizards have appeared to turn the corner in 2013 after starting the year at 2-7. Washington point guard Wall was named the Eastern Conference Player of the Week recently and will continue his hot streak against Los Angeles. Who’s stopping him? Steve freaking Blake?
The Wizards are 11-4 ATS in their last 15 games at home 4-1-1 ATS in their last 6 games against the Lakers, which are 3-8-1 ATS in their last 12 games versus Southwest division teams.
Betting Line: Orlando Magic (+8) vs. Atlanta Hawks (O/U: 199.5)
Start time: 7:30 pm US ET | 11:30 am AEDT
Picks: Atlanta ATS and Over 199.5
Prediction: Hawks 113, Magic 100
The Magic have lost against the spread in seven of their last outings while the Hawks are 8-3 ATS in their last 11. Atlanta is still smarting from a 94-87 home loss to the lowly Boston Celtics too so the Hawks will want to bounce back in style in this game.
Betting Line: Golden State Warriors (-3) vs. New Orleans Pelicans (O/U: 204.0)
Start time: 8:00 pm US ET | 12:00 noon AEDT
Picks: New Orleans ATS
Prediction Pelicans 101, Warriors 95
The Pellies got demolished, 112-93, by the Spurs at San Antonio on Monday night. They were probably looking forward already to this game against the Warriors, which has lost three straight games. Defensive center Andrew Bogut (suspension) and all-around forwardAndre Iguodala (injury-hamstring) will miss the game against New Orleans.
Prediction Win-Loss Record (Year-to-Date): 0-0
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Rafael Nadal Crowned as Most Popular Personality in Spain
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales