LAHWF’s ‘Paying for People's Groceries’ Goes Viral: Andrew Hales and GungHo’s Thanksgiving Video [VIDEO]
By Janice Somosot | November 26, 2013 11:42 AM EST
Andrew Hales of the Web site Losing All Hope Was Freedom or LAHWF released a video titled "Paying for People's Groceries," and it has gone viral with 2,435,775 views and 49,363 likes as of this writing. Hales collaborated with GungHo, a company that makes natural focus supplements with ingredients like Ashwaganda (Withania somnifera), Caffeine, Eleuthero, Niacin - Vitamin B3 and Cognizin® Citicoline. According to GungHo, these ingredients are proven to increase focus, memory recall and brain energy to give people "ninja-like" focus. The "Paying for People's Groceries" viral video was done in honor of Thanksgiving.
LAHWF's Hales is known for his random pranks and social experiments done and filmed in public. He uploads these videos on the popular video sharing site, YouTube. Some of these pranks and social experiments include the "Littering In Front of People Social Experiment," "Pretending To Be Macklemore Prank," "Powerful Interviews With Homeless People In Atlanta End With $200 Giveaway" and "Tipping Servers $200."
He usually teams up with various people to execute his pranks and social experiments and most of these have become viral sensations on the Internet. Some of the people Hales has collaborated with in the past are Kyle and Josh of Give Back Films and Stuart Edge. Hales' LAHWF tagline is "I found freedom. Losing All Hope Was Freedom."
For Thanksgiving 2013, he sought the help of GungHo to surprise customers and pay for people's groceries. GungHo gladly sponsored Hales' video. Check out the video above. Hales also tweeted a link of it on his official Twitter account.
This one's cute folks! Happy Thanksgiving! https://t.co/M98dhHIIqp
— Andrew Hales (@LAHWF) November 21, 2013
The "Paying for People's Groceries" video features customers lining up to pay for their groceries and then getting surprised by the cashier who tells them that they are the winners of free groceries for that day. At first, the customers don't believe it and most of them think it's a joke, until they are reassured that it is indeed real and that they won't have to pay a dime for their groceries.
The lucky customers were very thankful, which is in line with Hales and Gungho's goal of honoring Thanksgiving.
The "Paying for People's Groceries" video is touching and has struck a chord with its numerous viewers who shared the customers' happiness. Some of them wished that they were the ones who won instead. And, some just wanted to share it with their friends, colleagues and loved ones to spread the Thanksgiving cheer, hoping that it will infect other people as well as inspire them to do a selfless act such as giving without expecting anything in return.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Pizza Hut Australia Sorry for Victoria Branch’s ‘Free Small Animal’ Campaign
- Masayoshi Son Is Japan’s Richest Man As Softbank Shares Surge Ahead Of Alibaba IPO; More Millionaires Among Alibaba Employees On The Way
- Ex-Male Strippers For Rent At $125/Hour To Act As ManServants
- Alibaba Hikes IPO Price Range To $66-$68 From $60-$66
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS