MasterChef Canada to Debut on CTV After Superbowl on Jan 20
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | November 26, 2013 9:46 AM EST
"MasterChef," the widely appreciated cooking competition on television is all set to arrive in Canada. "MasterChef Canada" is going to be launched on CTV. The very first episode of the show will be shown on Jan 20, 2014.
The much acclaimed television show originally started in the UK 23 years back, in 1990. The BBC updated the format of the show in 2005. Now, versions of the show using the "MasterChef" logo is produced in over 35 countries. Popular international versions of the show include "MasterChef Australia," "MasterChef Belgium," "MasterChef India" and "MasterChef Malaysia." A celebrity version and a junior (children) version of the show also attract equal attention.
Among all the international versions, "MasterChef Australia" is extremely popular all over the world. The show is broadcast in other countries with subtitles or dubbed in the local language. In fact, it is the most watched TV series in the country. The season 2 finale was the third most watched TV show in the history of Australia. In 2010, the Australian version of "MasterChef" won the "Most Popular Reality Program" award.
Canada appears to be joining the next group of countries which will have their own versions of the "MasterChef" experience along with Pakistan, Bangladesh and Saudi Arabia. According the CTV Network, the very first elimination episode of "MasterChef Canada" will take place right after the Superbowl. The competition will be judged by Claudio Aprile, Alvin Leung and Michael Bonacini. The premiere episode will feature 50 home cooks who will present their signature dish to the judges' panel. Selected participants will remain in the show, while the rest will be instantly eliminated. CTV is expected to announce the names of the chosen 50 in the coming weeks.
Proper Television will produce the show for CTV, while Cathie James and Guy O'Sullivan are the executive producers. Judy Smart and Paul Franklin from Shine America will serve as creative consultants.
Watch this YouTube video by GATE Magazine where the judges of "MasterChef Canada" are interviewed:
(Credit: YouTube/GATE Magazine)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report