MasterChef Canada to Debut on CTV After Superbowl on Jan 20
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | November 26, 2013 9:46 AM EST
"MasterChef," the widely appreciated cooking competition on television is all set to arrive in Canada. "MasterChef Canada" is going to be launched on CTV. The very first episode of the show will be shown on Jan 20, 2014.
The much acclaimed television show originally started in the UK 23 years back, in 1990. The BBC updated the format of the show in 2005. Now, versions of the show using the "MasterChef" logo is produced in over 35 countries. Popular international versions of the show include "MasterChef Australia," "MasterChef Belgium," "MasterChef India" and "MasterChef Malaysia." A celebrity version and a junior (children) version of the show also attract equal attention.
Among all the international versions, "MasterChef Australia" is extremely popular all over the world. The show is broadcast in other countries with subtitles or dubbed in the local language. In fact, it is the most watched TV series in the country. The season 2 finale was the third most watched TV show in the history of Australia. In 2010, the Australian version of "MasterChef" won the "Most Popular Reality Program" award.
Canada appears to be joining the next group of countries which will have their own versions of the "MasterChef" experience along with Pakistan, Bangladesh and Saudi Arabia. According the CTV Network, the very first elimination episode of "MasterChef Canada" will take place right after the Superbowl. The competition will be judged by Claudio Aprile, Alvin Leung and Michael Bonacini. The premiere episode will feature 50 home cooks who will present their signature dish to the judges' panel. Selected participants will remain in the show, while the rest will be instantly eliminated. CTV is expected to announce the names of the chosen 50 in the coming weeks.
Proper Television will produce the show for CTV, while Cathie James and Guy O'Sullivan are the executive producers. Judy Smart and Paul Franklin from Shine America will serve as creative consultants.
Watch this YouTube video by GATE Magazine where the judges of "MasterChef Canada" are interviewed:
(Credit: YouTube/GATE Magazine)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2: Jessica Talks After Her Shocking Elimination
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes