MasterChef Canada to Debut on CTV After Superbowl on Jan 20
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | November 26, 2013 9:46 AM EST
"MasterChef," the widely appreciated cooking competition on television is all set to arrive in Canada. "MasterChef Canada" is going to be launched on CTV. The very first episode of the show will be shown on Jan 20, 2014.
The much acclaimed television show originally started in the UK 23 years back, in 1990. The BBC updated the format of the show in 2005. Now, versions of the show using the "MasterChef" logo is produced in over 35 countries. Popular international versions of the show include "MasterChef Australia," "MasterChef Belgium," "MasterChef India" and "MasterChef Malaysia." A celebrity version and a junior (children) version of the show also attract equal attention.
Among all the international versions, "MasterChef Australia" is extremely popular all over the world. The show is broadcast in other countries with subtitles or dubbed in the local language. In fact, it is the most watched TV series in the country. The season 2 finale was the third most watched TV show in the history of Australia. In 2010, the Australian version of "MasterChef" won the "Most Popular Reality Program" award.
Canada appears to be joining the next group of countries which will have their own versions of the "MasterChef" experience along with Pakistan, Bangladesh and Saudi Arabia. According the CTV Network, the very first elimination episode of "MasterChef Canada" will take place right after the Superbowl. The competition will be judged by Claudio Aprile, Alvin Leung and Michael Bonacini. The premiere episode will feature 50 home cooks who will present their signature dish to the judges' panel. Selected participants will remain in the show, while the rest will be instantly eliminated. CTV is expected to announce the names of the chosen 50 in the coming weeks.
Proper Television will produce the show for CTV, while Cathie James and Guy O'Sullivan are the executive producers. Judy Smart and Paul Franklin from Shine America will serve as creative consultants.
Watch this YouTube video by GATE Magazine where the judges of "MasterChef Canada" are interviewed:
(Credit: YouTube/GATE Magazine)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2