Brangelina: £12M Heart-Shaped Petra Island Angelina Jolie Bought For Brad Pitt, Top Things To Know
By Floyd Allen | November 25, 2013 4:20 PM EST
Angelina Jolie knows where to put her money’s worth. The A-list star has found the heart-shaped island a perfect birthday gift for her fiancé, Brad Pitt.
While other Hollywood celebrities get their partners and lovers fancy cars, million-dollar worth of jewelries or organizing extravagant parties, Jolie gets her superstar lover a heart-shaped island.
Could there be anything better than a gift with “love” shaped all over it? The Mirror UK reported that the £12million heart-shaped island is Angie’s gift to Brad’s 50th birthday Dec. 18.
Here are the top things to know about Jolie’s heart-shaped island for Brad Pitt’s 50th birthday gift:
1. The Island: Petra Island
The private island Angie has been waiting for is called Petra Island. It is located 15 minutes by helicopter with features, including a helipad and two beautiful homes created by famous American architect.
The Petra Island is 11 acres in size. It boasts of vast expanse of stone, cement, mahogany and skylights.
3. Frank Lloyd Wright
What also caught Jolie’s attention to the heart-shaped island are the two cottages built in Petra Island: a 1,200-square-foot cottage, and a 5,000-square-foot main residence.
The actress said the Mirror UK could not be more excited to find out that both houses were designed by one of Pitt’s top two favorite architects, Frank Lloyd Wright. Records show that the cottage was built in 1950 but the main residence was built in 2008, a picture of modern architecture.
The cottage said Mirror-U.K. was built 9 years before Wright died while the main house was constructed based on his design. The news outlet described the 2008 main house as “one of [Wright’s] most spectacular designs.”
4. Why the heart-shaped Petra Island a perfect 50th birthday gift for Pitt.
A source revealed that Jolie did not waste any time when she found out that the heart-shaped Petra Island was listed for sale. “As soon as Angelina heard the island was on the market, she arranged a viewing. She was really impressed,” a source was quoted as saying by the Mirror UK.
“The house is perfect for romantic getaways or as a family retreat. It’s very private. And Angelina knows the fact the island is in the shape of a heart will mean so much to him.”
It was a perfect gift for Pitt as it has elements to it that represents Jolie’s superstar fiancé.
The Hollywood hunk of his generation loves Frank Lloyd Wright and he was once noted describing how the architect “changed his life.”
“When I discovered Charles Rennie Mackintosh and Frank Lloyd Wright, it changed my life,” Brad said, according to Mirror UK.
The heart-shaped island will also be a perfect getaway for Brangelina brood: Maddox, 12, Pax, nine, Zahara, eight, Shiloh, seven, twins Vivienne and Knox, five.
As reports of Jolie’s acquisition emerged online, the A-list star is busy filming her second directorial project, “Unbroken” in Sydney, Australia.
More Entertainment News:
“Survivor: Blood vs Water” Season 27, Ep. 10: Ultimate Betrayal with Mother vs Daughter as Ciera Joined Tribe to Eliminate Mom Laura [Full article here]
“Almost Human” Season 1 Ep. 3 Sneak Peek: New Sci-Fi Heroes Respond to Hostage Situation in ‘Are You Receiving?’ [VIDEO] Full article here.
Homeland Season 3 Episode 9 Spoilers! Carrie Mathison at the Hospital; Has She Lost the Baby? [VIDEO] Full article here.
Credit: YouTube/ Javier Brown
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Camilla Parker-Bowles To Become Queen When Prince Charles Accedes To The Throne
Join the Conversation
- 5 Cities With The Highest Cost Of Living In 2014
- Lamudi’s Top 5 Tourist Close-To-Nature Destinations In The Philippines
- 3 Key Changes The Real Estate Industry Is Expecting With ASEAN Integration In 2015
- $2B Lease By American Investor On Philippine Island For 25 Years
- Australia Second Highest Overpriced in World in Housing Prices
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage