Christian Bale to Ben Affleck: Do Not Be Put Off by Internet Campaign
By Dipty Nair | November 24, 2013 12:25 AM EST
Hollywood actor Christian Bale has advised the new Batman, Ben Affleck, not to be put off by the internet campaign against his new role.
"Look, there is no middle ground on the internet. It's just extreme feelings. They love you or abhor you. Ben knows that, and I doubt if he spent one minute worrying about it," he added.
Online campaigns against Ben Affleck playing Batman have garnered over 50,000 signatures. The campaigns began after Warner Bros announced that the 41-year-old California-born star would succeed Bale as Gotham City's masked hero.
"I wish him all the best. He's a very experienced actor and film-maker, he'll make it on his own," Bale stated.
He added: "The only thing I said to him is [to] make sure he could take a piss without anyone having to help him. It's a little humiliating. You have to have someone...help you out of the costume in order to be able to do that. So that was my main piece of advice."
Bale played the role over an enormously successful trilogy of Batman films (Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises), directed by Christopher Nolan. The 39-year-old Bale has already confirmed he will not return to play Bruce Wayne and his crime-fighting alter-ego.
Batman's next appearance on the silver screen will be in what is being billed as an epic superhero film, Batman vs Superman. The Son of Krypton will be played by Henry Cavill, the star of this summer's big-budget Man of Steel.
John Roden, a Kentucky resident, was one of those who started the online petitions. One of these petitions claims: "His acting skill is not even close to being believable as Bruce Wayne and he won't do the role justice. He's not built, nor is he intimidating enough for the role of Batman. His portrayal of Daredevil [in 2003, co-starring Jennifer Garner, Colin Farrell and Michael Clarke Duncan] was atrocious and he's not remotely close to an action star. Please find someone else."
Warner Bros have slated the film for release in July 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- 'The Mentalist' Season 7, Episode 1 Spoilers: The Ending Begins For Patrick Jane And Teresa Lisbon (Synopsis)
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports