Trending: JK Rowling’s Harry Potter Book 8 to be Released Or is it Just a Fake News?
By jaskiran kaur | November 22, 2013 7:30 PM EST
"Harry Potter" fans literally yearn for Book 8 by its author JK Rowling. The recent rumors which claimed that JK Rowling is writing a sequel to the seven books is like a wish come true for them. But rumors are only rumors and the news is actually a hoax stirred up by a fake press release.
This fake press release was first posted on the Internet on April Fools' Day as a joke. It is making the rounds again on social media and has got its fans all excited about the book 8, awaiting its release soon.
The fake announcement started to swirl around only after a story was posted on Story Carnivores, claiming that many media outlets such as Yahoo News and New York Times have confirmed the release of JK Rowling's next book. It also claimed that she has completed 75% of the writing part already. Readers who did not note the date of the press release fell for the hoax and the rumor started to spread on various social media networks such as Facebook and twitter.
The fake report also gave out details which seemed more than real to the fans of "Harry Potter" who are always hoping for yet another book by the author, after the series officially ended.
The press release reported that the storyline is being kept under the covers but Rowling will soon be disclosing more details about the book in a press conference in Scotland.
"Rowling is said to be disappointed to the reaction of her adult novel The Casual Vacancy, released last fall, which left readers worldwide perplexed and disappointed. She was discouraged particularly by the disappointment of the younger readers, who picked up The Casual Vacancy expecting another Harry Potter book. She wanted to go back and write a book that will be a treat to her fans all around the world," stated the fake press release.
Supporting the report in the fake press release, the article on Story Carnivores stated a personal comment by Ronal Lendon the Editorial Director of Scholastic, Inc. The hoax also claimed that there is a possibility of ninth film of "Harry Potter" series, once the book is released.
"While none of the series' actors have officially signed on, one of the stars has already voiced his excitement about returning to play the title role," reported the hoax press release.
It also included a bogus statement by Daniel Radcliffe the leading actor of the series which said: "I never thought Jo would write another novel, but I'm interested to see what she comes up with. I absolutely would return to that world, if all the elements were to come together. When we wrapped the last film, I still felt like I wasn't finished with this grandiose story. I can't wait to come back."
Meanwhile, JK Rowling has clearly stated her future plans in regard to "Harry Potter" Book 8 on her Web site.
"I have always refused to say 'never' to this question, because I think it would be foolish to rule out something I might want to do in a few years' time. However, I have no immediate plans to write another Harry Potter novel, and I do think that I have rounded off Harry's story in the seven published books," statement reads on JK Rowling's official Web site.
While the press release reporting the launch of "Harry Potter" Book 8 can be taken as a hoax, the fans of the author can look forward to the film by Warner Bros. based on JK Rowling's 2001 book titled "Beasts and Where to Find Them." It is reported that the film is set in the Harry Potter world but there will be a new character named Newt Scamander.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Galaxy Note 4: Best Big-Screen Phone, Says Samsung; Analysts Believe Note 4 Unlikely To Beat iPhone 6 Plus [Watch Video]