Mr. International 2013 Highlights: Mr. Venezuela Wins
By Riza Ornos | November 22, 2013 4:52 PM EST
Mr. Venezuela Jose Anmer Paredes has been crowned Mr. International 2013. It was the 8th edition of the pageant concluded Nov. 21. Paredes' win was the second international title for Venezuela this year after Gabriela Isler won the prestigious Miss Universe 2013.
Held in Skenoo Hall, Gandaria City Mall, Jakarta, Paredes bested 38 delegates from all parts of the world. Ron Teah from Singapore, Mr. International 2012, crowned the new king to take over his reign.
Mr. International is one of the Top 3 international pageants for men along with Mr. World and Manhunt International. Organized by Graviera, a men's clothing company in India, Mr. International started in 1997 and hailed its first winner from the Philippines Joseph Roble held in Udaipur, India.
The pageant was held annually to India until 2003 when the contest was staged in London and crowned its 7th winner from UAE William Kelly. Philippines, Venezuela and India are the three countries who lead the most winnings having two victories each.
The pageant's special awards for Best Body given to the victor himself, Mr. Venezuela Jose Anmer Paredes, Mister Congeniality award goes to Mr. USA Jeremy Wyatt Akin, Mr. Photogenic - Mr. Canada Kristian Denver Diaz and Mr. Indonesia Albern Sultan, Best in National Costume - Mr. Panama Sergio Isaac Lópes, Philippines' bet Gil Wagas won the Fan Vote.
Aside from Venezuela, Philippines' is also making a lot of waves when it comes to international pageants. Gil Wagas fourth runner-up feat coincides with Ariella Arida in Miss Universe in Moscow, Russia and Ali Forbes in Miss Grand Internaitonal in Bangkok, Thailand.
First Runner-up - Mr. Indonesia Albern Sultan
Second Runner-up - Mr. Brazil Jhonatan Marko
Third Runner-up - Mr. Mexico Hans Briseño
Fourth Runner-up - Mr. Philippines Gil Wagas
Fifth Runner-up - Mr. Czech Republic Antonín Beránek
Mr. China Haolong Tan
Mr. Colombia Mario ora
Mr. Singapore Edwin Heng
Mr. Slovak Republic Michal Gajdošech
Mr. Canada Kristian Denver Diaz
Mr. Chile Pablo Alcayaga
Mr. Costa Rica Israel Moya
Mr. Italy Marco Della Croce
Mr. Slovenia Jure Rugani
Mr. Turkey Ufuk Değer
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles